Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Going out to eat after church
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 7:22PM #1
rideronthastorm
do you have potluck where eveyrone brings somethign after chruch or maybe your church doesnt  eat afterwards and if you go out to eat how may peoples churches go to all you can eat places?

Ryans use to be so overflowing with chruches every Sunday they ahd pcitures and bulletin boards for the churches of mesquite up.

I think its amoral and wrong. what do you think about a church that has morbidly obese folks going out to et at the all you can eat places? isnt it like tempting folks to sin with a church group its like taking alchoholics to a bar after chruch I stand against it its wrong.      
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 04, 2013 - 5:32PM #2
ProfitOfGod

Apr 1, 2013 -- 7:22PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

do you have potluck where eveyrone brings somethign after chruch or maybe your church doesnt  eat afterwards and if you go out to eat how may peoples churches go to all you can eat places?

Ryans use to be so overflowing with chruches every Sunday they ahd pcitures and bulletin boards for the churches of mesquite up.

I think its amoral and wrong. what do you think about a church that has morbidly obese folks going out to et at the all you can eat places? isnt it like tempting folks to sin with a church group its like taking alchoholics to a bar after chruch I stand against it its wrong.      

You're looking at it all wrong.

The purpose is to break bread together and enjoy fellowship with one another.  You'll learn a lot more about your neighbors when you sit down for a meal. 

I was always bad.  I did love break the fast on Fast Sundays, though.

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 05, 2013 - 12:13PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 04, 2013 - 8:20PM #3
Ironhold

Dude, no. Just no.

There's no need for you to be trying to pick a fight here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 3:41AM #4
rideronthastorm

Oh dont worry Iron I wont make it into a fight its not that that big of deal really.

I mean were not going to hell over stuff like this and really even if you go to Ryans or The Golden Carral you can choose to eat healthy.

But Im saying at the UU church and t the Zen Temple and a Orthodox chruch I visited about 4 times awhile back when they eat after church-uh its chicken breast turkey fish breads fruits salad,our UU church likes to get together once a month to have a vegetarian potluck and they always get rotiserie chicken on Sundays with salad. Zn center always has noodles and fruit and salad.

I mean I knwo it seems like is not a big deal,oh yea and the 7th Day Adventists alays ate healthy too, but some churches and religions put some Christian churches to shame by being a good example by shoosing to eat heakthy together.

Hey alot of Yoga and meditation groups get together for vegetarian also Hindues do too, and also for raw foods, if you ask me Christian churches who pig out together at all you can eat places are out of it theyre not hip !Hye get with it eat healthy ! But hip ha nothing to do with it

But you know one reason some are quiting churches is because of heath standards yall may bot think is an issue but obviously it is for some people, because hey alot of people have quit the chruch for emditation groups alot Christians want to hear about health standards these days!

i mean it doesnt matter to me if Christian churches want to be out of it thats theyre deal no fight but hey just giving you the 411 here!

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 7:04AM #5
Ironhold

I was referring to a post that has since ceased to exist; the long and short of it was that someone tried to use your post as a springboard off into a major rant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 7:38AM #6
Beautiful_Dreamer
I actually agree with ProfitofGod in terms of breaking bread...also if you think about it, going out to eat is keeping with the Sabbath because you don't have to cook and thus do 'work'! As a former waitress, I used to love Sundays because I could 'turn more tables', but I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the customers were bad tippers...or, more so than other days. I had some customers leave Chick tracts or others in leiu of a decent tip, which had the exact *opposite* effect because many servers live off of those tips and find it insulting.

Honestly I don't think God expects us to micromanage our lives to the point of worrying if every little action of life is sinful...I see these things as the neutral things mentioned in Romans that we have to decide upon ourselves, but not necessarily hold others to.
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 10:13AM #7
rideronthastorm

Apr 5, 2013 -- 7:04AM, Ironhold wrote:

I was referring to a post that has since ceased to exist; the long and short of it was that someone tried to use your post as a springboard off into a major rant.

Oh I didnt see that Ironhold what was the rant about was it on overeating with the church or ws it like spending money on the Lords day Sunday?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 11:51AM #8
Ironhold

Apr 5, 2013 -- 10:13AM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Apr 5, 2013 -- 7:04AM, Ironhold wrote:

Oh I didnt see that Ironhold what was the rant about was it on overeating with the church or ws it like spending money on the Lords day Sunday?

Just the usual sectarian rantings, sadly.

As for me, I'll occasionally stop to gas up the car on Sundays, but that's only because I don't have too much of a choice. I inherited the car from my maternal grandmother, who was mentally ill and so didn't take good care of it. The lack of maintenance allowed a number of gremlins to creep in. One of them is that the car runs rough if I let the tank go down too far.

Other than that, I don't go anywhere on Sundays; I just go to church, take the donations to the bank as part of my position as finance clerk, and then head on home. I haven't eaten out on a Sunday in at least six years, and even then that was because I had a marathon session of activities going on and due to matters beyond my control I didn't get any breakfast.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 14, 2013 - 8:07PM #9
Goyboy

Uh, exactly what is being argued on this thread? The OP is a bit confusing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 14, 2013 - 9:27PM #10
rideronthastorm

Well it may sound stupid but should Christians eat healthy together when they get together after lunch to eat? some chruches make a point to, the bible says gluttony is a sin is it wrong for the church to go to all you can eat places and make gluttons out of themselves?It been awhile sense Ive seen you hasnt it Goyboy?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook