Switch to Forum Live View Clean meats and nutrition
1 year ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 7:19PM #1
rideronthastorm
The 7th Day adventists teaches clean meats so does my sisters Messianic church. What do you think about clean meats?
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 02, 2013 - 1:48PM #2
Mlyons619

"Clean meats" falls under the Old Testament law. 

Paul stated that Gentile Christians are NOT under such restrictions.

I happen to LIKE shellfish and fried liver...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 03, 2013 - 1:30AM #3
Gacogal

And Jesus said "It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man." But when dealing with personal relationships you should respect their choices, and they yours, per Romans 14:15 For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. (Proverbs 4:23)
What you say flows from what is in your heart. (Luke 6:45b)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 4:45PM #4
Iwantamotto

My recommendation is to let a nutritionist guide your diet, not a bible or any other book.  Diet should be personalized because we're all different.  I mean, something asinine like a grapefruit diet wouldn't work if you're on certain meds or you're allergic, right?  It has to be tailored to you.  If your labs are good and you don't feel sick or whatever, I'd say screw it.  Otherwise, just treat the actual problems and leave the fad types to themselves.  :)

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 9:08PM #5
Beautiful_Dreamer

Kosher/dietary laws are not binding on Christians. If someone wants to follow them for one reason or another, fine. But there is no such thing as 'clean' or 'unclean' when it comes to food anymore, for the reason Gacogal stated above.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook