Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Warning and Second Coming...
1 year ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 12:49PM #1
Thelordsshepherd
Hello everyone Smile

I am new to this site and am also new to Christianity so if this topic has been raised elsewhere in the forums, I apologise in advance.

I have been doing some research lately, well in fact quite a lot and have stumbled across this website www.thewarningsecondcoming.com. This lady, Maria Divine Mercy claims to be the 7th messenger who is recieving messages from The Holy Trinity as well as The Virgin Mary. Maria Divine Mercy then updates her website with these messages as and when they are recieved by her. Now apparently, Maria has been telling these messages since 2010 on her website and from what I can see for myself, it seems a few of her predictions have been proven right. For example, Pope Benidict resigning, Rays of Mercy which will commence with pink skies (Pink moon and pink sunrise in London this am as reported by the London Evening Standard:www.standard.co.uk/news/london/pink-moon... And a Pink Easter Sunrise at the Jefferson memorial: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=46811232...

Maria Divine Mercy also claims that she was told that Pope Francis is A False Prophet of the Antichrist and that there have been signs to prove this during Holy Week!

She also states that The Second Coming is very near.

What are anybody's thoughts on this? Thank you in advance for your replies! Peace and Love to you all! Smile
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 1:57PM #2
Mlyons619

If this Prophesy that Pope Francis being "Doofenschmirtz Evil Incorporated" is true, it has not manifested itself yet.  The evidence suggests otherwise - he is a humble, God-fearing man.  Please note that I am not Roman Catholic either.

Please also note that I do not put much stock in this bevy of online seers.  I would, as a new Christian instead educate yourself on what the Word of God has to say first.  For example:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." (Matthew 7:15)

"For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Mark 13.6)

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1st John 4-1)

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 4:14PM #3
Thelordsshepherd

Hi Mlyons619,

Thanks for taking the time to reply Smile I really appreciate the advice!

I understand that I am just at the beginning of a long journey into researching my faith. What I should have mentioned earlier was that previously, a few years back, I read the bible. It became a big part of my life on a daily basis. I looked forward to reading it at every moment I could. I re-read some verses over and over to try and gain 'real' understanding. It was the most enjoyable time of my life, but somehow, I managed to push it aside due to some big changes happening in my life at that time that I wont go in to. Yes, it was silly...But I have realised recently that this is the path I should be taking, that this is the path I should have always taken. We live and we learn eh? Smile

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I have heard the word of God, I haven't just jumped into this having not heard his voice....

But I still cannot help but open my ears and eyes to what Maria Devine Mercy has announced from Jesus:

The sign Jesus asked us to look for during Holy Week was when pope francis failed to kiss Jesus at his feet and to show true humility that he is at the bottom of the cross. instead he kissed his knees and continues to kiss the feet of his sinners. Such as when Holy Thursday mass was celebrated at the juvenile centre, when pope washed and kissed the feet of non-believers. There is a message containing that information when he talks about "It will not be my feet they kiss, but the feet of my followers, of my sinners."

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 7:42PM #4
Hatman

TLS-

Myself, i always look to see if what a prophet says comes to pass.  If what they say DON'T happen, then you can be grateful for the exercise of prudence and discretion which Proverbs praises so highly.

One(bad) example of the latter is that guy---"Harold," something, can't remember exactly(Camping?)---who predicted the end of the world sometime last April, and when it didn't happen then, made some excuses and predicted it for October.  Then it STILL didn't happen, and he made up some more nonsense about it being a "spiritual" end of the world, an invisible one...*sigh*.  Curiously, i predicted ahead of time that this is what he'd be likely to say---so i guess i was a better prophet than he(or have been given more of an understanding of human nature, or something).  Oh, and if you're interested in that old conversation, i think i just might be able to find it for you.

At any rate, i'd suggest caution, to keep track of her prophesies and see if they DO come to pass---for as Christ said, "One who proves faithful in a little will prove faithful in much."  (The reverse is also true, i've found, hence 1John's warning(iirc) to not trust every spirit that comes along, but to test them.)

But as long as you remain faithful to love---Divine love, that is, and honoring the Truth wherever you find it(even if the truth you find disagrees with something in the Bible)---you will be ok.

Hanging around here may either make that very hard to do, or it will test your patience and resolve mightily, as another Proverb states:  "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."  But patience and resolve untested, imo, cannot endure persecution and tribulations.

It was my hope when i first came here(about Oct 2000) that people...especially disciples of Christ---would spend time sharing how and what blessings Our Lord had bestowed upon them, in gratitude and thankfulness...unfortunately, i was swiftly disabused of that notion.

About 70% or more of the posters around here, i've found, love to argue and/or try to pick things apart(or each other), and i confess to having been guilty of that, myself, and on more than one occasion.

Nevertheless, my experience here is overall positive; i've learned much, made many friends, and my enemies know better than to mess with me.  *grin*

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 02, 2013 - 6:50PM #5
Iwantamotto

Not being a Catholic, I could care less.  However, Pope Francis was acting like a Christian when he washed the feet of "others".  I don't much care for a religious authority figure who refuses to dirty his pretty lily-colored hands with us "sinners".  Jesus got a lot of flak for the people He liked to hang around as well.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 03, 2013 - 2:16AM #6
Jenandew7

Apr 1, 2013 -- 12:49PM, Thelordsshepherd wrote:

Hello everyone Smile

I am new to this site and am also new to Christianity so if this topic has been raised elsewhere in the forums, I apologise in advance.

I have been doing some research lately, well in fact quite a lot and have stumbled across this website www.thewarningsecondcoming.com. This lady, Maria Divine Mercy claims to be the 7th messenger who is recieving messages from The Holy Trinity as well as The Virgin Mary. Maria Divine Mercy then updates her website with these messages as and when they are recieved by her. Now apparently, Maria has been telling these messages since 2010 on her website and from what I can see for myself, it seems a few of her predictions have been proven right. For example, Pope Benidict resigning, Rays of Mercy which will commence with pink skies (Pink moon and pink sunrise in London this am as reported by the London Evening Standard:www.standard.co.uk/news/london/pink-moon... And a Pink Easter Sunrise at the Jefferson memorial: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=46811232...

Maria Divine Mercy also claims that she was told that Pope Francis is A False Prophet of the Antichrist and that there have been signs to prove this during Holy Week!

She also states that The Second Coming is very near.

What are anybody's thoughts on this? Thank you in advance for your replies! Peace and Love to you all! Smile

I like to read prophecies when I am bored and don't know what else to do with myself.  :)  So once or twice a year, I google Catholic prophecies. 

But I take them with a grain of salt and don't set a lot of store by them.   There are predictions and there are prophecies and, while I haven't checked her site yet, she sounds more as though she makes predictions. 

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. --Isaiah 58:10
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 03, 2013 - 1:41PM #7
Beautiful_Dreamer
I'll be honest...I don't put much stock in end-of-world predictions or End-Times scenarios because its just not something I think about much. I've been told that this will be my undoing, but none of the current predictions have come true and there isn't anything I can do about it. It is an interesting topic, though.

And I agree with Hatman's statement that this place can frustrate and upset at times, but you can also make good friends and learn. I've been hosting for going on ten years, and sometimes the people I've met (here and on other boards) are the only things that keep me going. It's worth the effort.
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 03, 2013 - 4:10PM #8
Thelordsshepherd

Thank you for all your replies Smile

Hatman, I appreciate your advice and fully understand where you are coming from with regards to being careful whilst using this site (or any for that matter). It made total sense and made me understand that not one of us have the same beliefs as the other, therefore I am best to go with my own heart and believe what I feel to be the truth. It is a shame as I came on here believing that this would be the best place for us fellow Christians to share our questions and knowledge, but upon reading more on the forums, I totally see your meaning. I thank you for that and may God bless you Smile Xxxx

I think that Maria Divine Mercy's predictions are still somewhat 'startling', and my heart is telling me that she is ligit. If you get the time, please have a read through of some of the messages for yourselves. I am sure many of you will see why all the interest. I will continue to read the bible and follow MDM to see what comes of this.

Peace and Love to you all xxxx

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 03, 2013 - 6:45PM #9
Theo

1 Corinthians 11:2 > Now I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 > So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

John 15:6-8 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.

When I first became a Christian in 1975, there were lots of prophets and preachers out there that demanded my attention... so I listened to them in addition to reading my Bible of course. Over the years, however, I found that most the preachers I once gave heed, were mostly in the business of raising money (selling books, tapes videos, etc.) instead of preaching the Gospel and equipping new believers. Some of them I discovered lived very well indeed, which considering the life of Christ and the lives of the apostles, seemed out of step with them. 

You will find that there are lots of guys out there who want you to follow them, follow Christ and His apostles instead... nothing anybody else says matters compared to them. 

It does not matter to me if the Pope is a false prophet or not... if people would follow Christ and His disciples, false prophets would be out of a job.

A good man of God is known by his fruits... so take this to heart, if you don’t know him, and can’t see how he lives, don’t follow him... same goes for women. When it comes to religion and money, gender designations makes no difference... you can not serve God and Mammon. 

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 03, 2013 - 8:13PM #10
Hatman
Matthew 15:6

Amplified Bible
    So for the sake of your tradition (the rules handed down by your forefathers), you have set aside the Word of God [depriving it of force and authority and making it of no effect].

Matthew 15:3

New Revised Standard Version
He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?

It appears that Christ and Paul disagree about the importance of heeding "tradition." Guess whose side i'm on?
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook