Switch to Forum Live View Do you love Jesus for who He is or for you want Him to be?
1 year ago  ::  Dec 02, 2012 - 12:30PM #1
Pastorsrus

This question was born during a discussion on friendship where I asked whether the other person sees me as she wants me to be or as I am.  I asked her if she could love me for me or was it only her perception of me that she could love.  The same is true of Jesus.  So, do you love Him for who He is or for who you want Him to be?  Your thoughts?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Dec 06, 2012 - 7:03PM #2
Maggiecross

Hi, Pastor Sharon.

The greatest attribute or what I love Jesus for is: When he said, " What does it cost a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul," But in return he gave us his greatest gift: If you love me pick up the cross and follow me against Satan's destruction for all of mankind sins thus share the gospel that Jesus saves is our only way to Heaven ( Matthew 16: 24-26). The cross represents Christ shedding his own blood for all on the cross: is Redemption. Although the cross was a slow and painful death for Christ, but it was also a humiliating way to die, yet it's often thought as a foolishness to the world to follow Christ who the world hates and can't see nor understand his wisdom ( 1 Corinthians 3: 18-19). Thus I chose to follow the cross because as Paul said: We are only pilgrims traveling though: 11 It was by faith that even Sarah was able to have a child, though she was barren and was too old. She believed* that God would keep his promise. 12 And so a whole nation came from this one man who was as good as dead—a nation with so many people that, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore, there is no way to count them. 13 All these people died still believing what God had promised them. They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it. They agreed that they were foreigners and nomads here on earth. 14 Obviously people who say such things are looking forward to a country they can call their own. 15 If they had longed for the country they came from, they could have gone back. 16 But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them ( Hebrews 11: 11-16). My message is to run to the cross resist the Devil and he will flee from you ( James 4: 7). Jesus is love and where love is the Power of the God.( 1 Corinthians 1: 18). My reason for being a Christian is why I love the Lord for who he is. Where he leads me, I will follow.

I have a quote on my page: Come take up the cross ( Luke 9: 23-27). It is a must to be filled with the holy spirit.. Satan must flee for those who live in fear so be encourage and walk in the Lord he's your power. God bless you.

Lots of Love, Maggie :)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook