Switch to Forum Live View Is it possible for God to work in your life even when you don't feel his presence
2 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2012 - 8:52PM #1
Love_and_adoration
Is it possible for God to work in your life even when you don't feel his presence? Like God comes to me in different ways. Sometimes in the form of a very deep satisfaction. Sometimes in the sense of a spiritual mist over my heart and soul that cleanses all my wounds and impurities. Sometimes as a very deep and sombre acknowledgment in my innermost being and other times as a form of realization that is washing over me and dawning over me. These last couple of days (I would say the last 2-3 days) I have felt barely felt his presence in my life at all but I do notice changes in my life. When I pray to the heavenly father at night, I feel like this pure spirit / presence / being is standing directly in front of me and acnowledging every part of me, so I feel this unity with the Lord and I've also been feeling immense and powerful irrational joy.

Like I always thought that when you stopped seeking God, you would stop feeling his presence but that doesn't seem to be the case with me today or right now. Like I didn't feel God's presence in my life the last 2-3 days but I still feel this incredible and uncontainable joy for no reason, more happiness than joy. So it it possible that even when you don't feel God's presence, he's still changing you? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2012 - 10:20PM #2
Beautiful_Dreamer

I definitely think He's still at work when we don't feel Him. Our emotions, however 'grounded' we may be, aren't things to be relied on because what we feel can often change easily with the tide, but God does not change and His presence and love for us is not contingent on our ability to feel Him.

I, for one, am very grateful for this because I have a mood disorder (bipolar) and went through a time when I thought God hated me because He felt so far from me that I couldn't find Him. Once I got treatment and things settled down, that 'feeling' went away. I *never* want to be there again and, good for us, I won't have to be because He doesn't stray or leave us.

I hope I've helped a bit.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2012 - 12:24PM #3
Pastorsrus

What a great question!  It is absolutely possible for God to work in a life without our feeling His presence.  Our connection to God is based on a deep spiritual knowing and not necessarily a feeling.  While feelings are real, as in this case, they don't always accurately reflect what's going on.

When a person becomes God's, God the Holy Spirit works in our lives whether we sense Him there or not.  He is busy transforming us into the Godly character we need to be with God for eternity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2012 - 12:17AM #4
Estacia

He is working when we least expect it.

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook