Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB…
2 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2012 - 11:04AM #1
Rgurley4

MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB…

Did you ever wonder where the Baby Jesus was before He arrived on Earth over 2000 years ago? He was there. He was the Triune-God. There from eternity past. God's prophet Micah let us know:

"..From you (Bethlehem), ONE (Jesus) will go forth from ME (Triune-God) to be ruler in Israel. HIS (Jesus') goings forth are from long ago, FROM the DAYS of ETERNITY..."                 [Micah 5:2]

The prophet Isaiah was led by God to call the baby "ETERNAL FATHER"

“…For a CHILD will be born to us, a SON will be given to us. And the government will rest on HIS shoulders. And HIS name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty GOD, ETERNAL FATHER, Prince of Peace ....”      [Isaiah 9:6

Did the people who knew the Baby and the Man Jesus realize that He was part of God from time eternal? The Apostle John did.

In the beginning was the WORD (logos), and the WORD was WITH God, and the WORD WAS God. ....And the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his GLORY, glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth….”                                                              [John 1: 1, 14]

God's people knew where He was before He came as the babe in the manger. Most importantly, Jesus knew and told the Jews and us. He stated that He was YHWH, the great "I AM", the identity that God revealed to Moses from the burning bush. In the midst of dialogue with and questioning by the Jews, Jesus said:

"..."You are from below. I am from above. You are of this world. I am not of this world .... You shall die in your sins..unless you believe that "I AM"...Your father Abraham rejoiced to see MY DAY ... Before Abraham was born, I AM"(the Jews) picked up stones to throw at him ... (Blasphemy to claim deity)                     [John 16:23‑25, 56‑58]

Was His birth predicted? Very accurately.  HOW? The VIRGIN BIRTH:

"Therefore, the LORD himself will give you a SIGN. Behold, a VIRGIN will be with child and bear a SON, and she will call His name EMMANUEL.” (God is with us)    [Isaiah 7:14 ]

Jesus was born of Mary alone ("seed of a woman"), not of Joseph, her betrothed.                                                 [Matt 1:16,18,25]

WHERE?       In Bethlehem as foretold.

WHO?            Jesus. God. Son of God. Man. Son of Man. Son of David. Lord. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.      Worshipped by angels, men, and eventually, ALL.

WHEN?         In the fullness of time.

WHY?            To reveal GOD to man.                                                                     [ John 1:18 ]

To set the perfect example for living.                                           [ 1 Peter 2:21 ]

To provide the complete sacrifice for all the sins of man.     [Hebrews 10:1‑10 ]

To destroy the works of Satan.                                                    [1 John 3:8 ]

To be a merciful and forgiving High Priest.                              [Hebrews 5:1‑2 ]

To fulfill the prophecies and the covenant with David.               [Luke 1:31‑33 ]

WHO were his PARENTS?      1. Blood line through Mary.    2.   Legal line through Joseph

3. The TRIUNE-GOD

Questions? Comments? Happy Birthday...Jesus...Savior...Emmanuel...God is with us!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2012 - 3:13PM #2
Theo

nice

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2012 - 11:31PM #3
jesusfreakgal

The government being on his shoulders and wonderful counsellor (and so on) part is in one of the songs my church choir is singing for our Christmas Cantata!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 12:34AM #4
Beautiful_Dreamer
(Brief tangent)
I'd like to know what kind of kid Jesus was. Did He play the same silly games we did, or get picked on by His siblings? Did He have a favorite toy? Was He a picky eater? All of this is just interesting to me...not necessarily spiritual, although I do love finding things out about other people. I guess that can be indicative of having a relationship as opposed to seeing Him as being unknowable?
(/tangent)
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 10:38AM #5
weberhome02

Nov 24, 2012 -- 11:04AM, Rgurley4 wrote:

Did you ever wonder where the Baby Jesus was before He arrived on Earth over 2000 years ago?

He was the same place you were: in Adam's genes. Every homo sapiens who ever lived and/or will live, is the biological progeny of the first man. God went to pains providing the world with the means to trace Jesus' biological ancestry all the way back to Adam; and it gets largely ignored as if it were superfluous information.

Note : It genuinely disturbs me the number of people wearing the Christian label unable to discern between the Word of John 1:1 and the flesh of John 1:14.

Nov 24, 2012 -- 11:04AM, Rgurley4 wrote:

ETERNAL FATHER

Old Testament, kings, monarchs, and potentates were commonly regarded as fathers and their subjects as sons. In other words sovereigns were the political paterfamilias of the nation(s) under their jurisdiction.

The Hebrew word for "eternal" in Isa 9:6 doesn't eo ipso include eternity past; it simply means permanent; viz: perpetual, and/or in perpetuity. In other words, Messiah will never be deposed once he ascends the throne. (Dan 7:13-14)

Buen Camino
/

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 11:31AM #6
Ironhold

Nov 28, 2012 -- 12:34AM, Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:

(Brief tangent) I'd like to know what kind of kid Jesus was. Did He play the same silly games we did, or get picked on by His siblings? Did He have a favorite toy? Was He a picky eater? All of this is just interesting to me...not necessarily spiritual, although I do love finding things out about other people. I guess that can be indicative of having a relationship as opposed to seeing Him as being unknowable? (/tangent)

Given that the Gospel writers didn't see fit to mention his childhood outside of the incident in the temple, perhaps it was so mundane that they didn't feel there was anything out of the ordinary going on.

In other words, maybe he had a relatively normal upbringing for a child in that time and place.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 11:58AM #7
Rgurley4

Jesus.., born in Bethlehem, raised in Nazareth, Messiah, Christ, Son of God, Son of Man, the God-Man, True God, True Man, the NEW Adam, LORD, KING of Kinngs, LORD of Lords...a spiritual PERSON of the TRI-UNE GOD.

Colossians 1: 15-20 (NASB)....The Incomparable Pre-Existent Jesus the Christ

Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that
God has made Him BOTH Lord (GOD=spirit) and Christ ( MAN = messiah)—this Jesus whom you crucified.”

John 20 : 26-29 (NASB)...

Thomas answered and said to Him,
“My Lord (kyrios) AND my God (theos)!” (WITHOUT touching him?!?)
Jesus said to him, (without denying His worship as God = DEITY!)
“Because you have SEEN Me, have you believed? (...the resurrected God-Man)
Blessed are they who did not SEE,
and yet believed.”

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 1:01PM #8
Mlyons619

Nov 28, 2012 -- 11:31AM, Ironhold wrote:

Nov 28, 2012 -- 12:34AM, Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:

(Brief tangent) I'd like to know what kind of kid Jesus was. Did He play the same silly games we did, or get picked on by His siblings? Did He have a favorite toy? Was He a picky eater? All of this is just interesting to me...not necessarily spiritual, although I do love finding things out about other people. I guess that can be indicative of having a relationship as opposed to seeing Him as being unknowable? (/tangent)

Given that the Gospel writers didn't see fit to mention his childhood outside of the incident in the temple, perhaps it was so mundane that they didn't feel there was anything out of the ordinary going on.

In other words, maybe he had a relatively normal upbringing for a child in that time and place.

What we have is the Gospel record of His birth, and the Gospel record of the incident in the Temple with the elders, and that's it.

His childhood and early adulthood must have been pretty normal since the Nazarines considered Him an average person, as evidenced by their rejection of Him in Nazareth (Luke  4:16-30).

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2012 - 8:57AM #9
weberhome02

Quite a bit of energy has been expended in efforts to eliminate Adam from Jesus' biological ancestry; and it all typically overlooks a very important element in the creation of Man.

Eve wasn't a discreet creation; viz: she wasn't created individually from the dust the way Adam had been. Instead, Eve was manufactured from Adam's already-existing human organic tissues amputated from his side. Thus Eve was just as much Adam as Adam.

†. Gen 2:23 . . And the man said: This is now bone of my bones,  and flesh of my flesh. She shall be called woman, because she was taken out of man.

So then, every child that women produce-- whether virgin-born children or non virgin-born children --are just as much Adam as Adam because their mother is just as much Adam as Adam; viz: Jesus was just as much Adam's biological progeny as Eve; and there's no getting out of it.

Buen Camino
/

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2012 - 1:13PM #10
Rgurley4

Genetic blood line VERSUS "we all came from A&E."

1. Adam to Noah and his Family?

2. The Messiah came from God's "chosen people" : Abraham / Sarah generations.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook