Switch to Forum Live View Don't settle for a stereotypical marriage
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 8:01PM #1
Cgodfrie
I wrote this article, but I'd love to know anyone's thoughts about God using people, like Potiphar's wife and Boaz, to demonstrate the nuances of men & women - even when it creates tension with things said later, like wives submit to your husbands, etc.

www.kyria.com/topics/marriagefamily/marr...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 11:16PM #2
Beautiful_Dreamer

I really liked your article, and I think others here will too. I have to warn you, though, that there are some really chauvanistic people on Bnet who might not give it a fair shake. But I think your view makes a lot of sense for people today who don't necessarily fit into a 'mold' but still want to have a Godly marriage.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 3:23PM #3
voice-crying

Jun 14, 2012 -- 8:01PM, Cgodfrie wrote:

I wrote this article, but I'd love to know anyone's thoughts about God using people, like Potiphar's wife and Boaz, to demonstrate the nuances of men & women - even when it creates tension with things said later, like wives submit to your husbands, etc.

www.kyria.com/topics/marriagefamily/marr...

I read your article, I thought it was VERY interesting.

In your article you mentioned that Ruths appearance was not mentioned in the Bible.

Ruth's name means: "beauty" "personality."

Potiphar's wife's bad act was used to imprison Joseph. His imprisonment allowed him to later save the Jews from extinction...praise God!

God, used Boaz to show us what it means to be given unmerited favor.

I'm using Hosea's book "to demonstrate the nuances of men & women."  

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook