Switch to Forum Live View televangelist Creflo Dollar arrested
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 5:46PM #1
Ironhold
link

Dollar's 15-year-old daughter accused him of choking her.

Dollar claims that she tried to punch him after an argument, and so he had to wrestle her to the ground.

Either way, I don't see this playing out very well.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:06PM #2
jesusfreakgal

I don't know if he handled the situation well if by attempting to tackle his daughter (if she did try to attack him), but at the same time, if that is true, his daughter should have never done that in the first place. I sure hope what he sais is true though.

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 1:34PM #3
Iwantamotto

Dunno if she started it, but as this hits too close to home for me, I'll abstain.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 6:53PM #4
Theo

Raising kids can be challenging, especially when the public schools work against your authority and rights as a parent. They automatically side against you with the child until you prove their stories and charges are false. Educators tend to look at parents as amateurs and themselves as professionals... when it comes to raising your children. As a result, halfway through High School, I came to look upon the High School administration and the teachers as adversaries.

My daughter called CPS on me once and complained about me to school authorities several times. And while I no longer remember the exact circumstances, I remembering having to see a psychiatrist because of the things my daughter told them about me.

You see my daughter had issues because she got raped back when she was 14, and she never told her mother or me about it until her senior year in High School... of course she did tell her school counselor, and they helped her a whole lot... (irony) My daughter was afraid to tell me because I had warned her about dressing in a provocative manner and against going to parties at friend's home, with no parental oversight - but she did it anyhow, and she thought I would blame her. So, in her pain guilt and misery, she blamed me for everything, because I told her what was going to happen to her if she disobeyed. My daughter hated me for about 4 years, until she returned to faith in Christ - and then I was suddenly a wonderful daddy. I have been the world's greatest dad ever since, and have the mug to prove it.

So I tend to not believe media hype about bad preachers anymore, when minor children are the ones making the accusations... being a good parent is hard to do, and very often even parents we adults would call "good," can be made to look like mud by their "feelings hurt vengeful" children.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 11:24PM #5
k-bearsmom

Oh Theo...you speak such TRUTH....thank you!

My daughter never hated me but in high school I was...according to her...the dumbest, most uncaring, insensitive, unfair human whom ever lived and she made sure I and all her friends knew about it. She was SO strong willed, dancing on the edge and scary...alot of prayer and unconditional love pulled ME through.

Now, at 40, she tells me I am the wisest person in the world!

Some of us just have to go through those tedious years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 7:47AM #6
smcisaac

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." [Attributed to Mark Twain]

"Truth did not come into the world naked, but it came in types and images. The world will not receive truth in any other way."  Gospel of Philip, Logion 72

"Christ will regenerate all things; through Him all things will be purged, and return into eternal life. And when the Son shall deliver up the kingdom to the Father, all things will be God; that is, all things will still exist, but God will exist in them, and they will be full of Him." Fabius Manus Victorinus, c. 350 AD
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 12:58PM #7
Beautiful_Dreamer

I don't know what happened here, but I can't help but remember a few years ago when a group of televangelists in my area were asked to turn over their tax records because foul play was suspected...IIRC, Dollar refused. I don't think his conduct there has anything to do with his conduct on this case, though. I just remember it.

Given how I saw my sister and my father argue rather loudly and regularly when she was a teenager, I don't doubt that feelings can run high. That's still no excuse to hit someone, if indeed that is what happened. They have a good relationship now, though.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook