Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Extreeeeeeeeeme Christianity
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 11:03AM #1
Ironhold
I saw the following video last night.

A minister (youth minister?), in an effort to generate excitement in the congregation, opted to make his entrance by riding his dirt bike right into his church building.

This ended poorly when the throttle stuck during a wheelie attempt. The minister wound up with ligament damage to his right knee, and the building ended up with a hole in the wall from where the bike slammed into a corner.

If you were in this particular congregation, what would you have done?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 1:27PM #2
li47

Well, probably I would have gone to the driver's aid to see if he was ok, and delivered needed first aid.

Then after, probably helped clean up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:16PM #3
jesusfreakgal

I'd probably do thesame. I'd  also be thinking 'what on earth was he thinking.' I mean what if some how he had lost control, and instead of causing a hole in a wall of the church, he unintentionally had injured a youth/ child? I am not saying he was irresponsible, but his idea was certainly not well thought out.

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:44PM #4
SeraphimR

In view of this report I am going to propose a "No Motor Vehicle inside the Church" rule at the next parish council meeting.

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:25PM #5
Theo

I would have left. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:42PM #6
jesusfreakgal

An unwritten rule at any church should be: one (at least one in authority or similar) should be dissallowed from doing anything at the church, or with a group of children/ youth from the church (if the activity/ function is church related anyway) that is especially dangerous (or has the potential for being especially dangerous). If it is necessary, that should be a written rule.

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 10:28PM #7
Ironhold

If anyone's wondering, the show was "World's Dumbest" on TruTV.

IIRC, the specific episode was "World's Dumbest Motorheads".

Another episode, either "Dumbest Motorheads 3" or #5, meanwhile, features a reverend who just got busted for DUI #4.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:50PM #8
Ironhold

here's the actual video

Fortunately, he only took out a table instead of one of the congregation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 1:31PM #9
Iwantamotto

Kermit (to Miss Piggy, who is trying to become Mrs Piggy the Frog):  I thought Gonzo was supposed to be the minister ....

LOL.

Seriously, I can only laugh at this.  Of course, I've gotten to where I think Pete trying the water-walking stunt and nearly drowning is the same kind of funny.

Wise man say:  Never use your mustardseed faith to move the mountain unless you're sure where it's going to land.  :D

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 8:20PM #10
Dickey

Jun 8, 2012 -- 11:03AM, Ironhold wrote:

I saw the following video last night.

A minister (youth minister?), in an effort to generate excitement in the congregation, opted to make his entrance by riding his dirt bike right into his church building.

This ended poorly when the throttle stuck during a wheelie attempt. The minister wound up with ligament damage to his right knee, and the building ended up with a hole in the wall from where the bike slammed into a corner.

If you were in this particular congregation, what would you have done?

1) ROFL 

2) run make sure he's ok feeling guilty. 

3) he's ok continue rofl.

Nothing wrong with the idea, it would have engaged the brain.  Most folks sleep or zone out in Church anyway. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook