Switch to Forum Live View It's Not God but Satan Who Tortures Us
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 10:18AM #1
Eagle-1
4-19-11

Months back there was some discussion I can't seem to find  this  morning, where  I  needed  to  post  one  more  comment.   

An unbeliever was saying God's punishing people in Hell  is  un-gentlemanly, and, I know,  I  should have said immediately,  that   Hell  was  prepared  for  the  devil  and  his  traitor  angels  who  rebelled  in  Heaven and  had  to  be  evicted.  That  we've  all  been  invited  to  "the big party in the sky", eventually,  and that  it's  not  very  gentlemanly  to  ignore  the  invitation,  now  is  it?   He  did  everything  necessary for  our  attending, if  we'll  just  make  the  right  choice, while  there's  time.  If  you  keep  insisting He's  not  real,  why  not  accept anyway  just  in  case  you  have  to  knock  on  His  door  or  gate after a fatal accident, heart attack, or whatever?   If  it should turn out to be untrue, what have you lost? 

My point being,  it's  not  God  who  runs  the  torture, but  Satan  himself.  "Misery  loves  company."  Satan knows  he  has  only  a  short  time, and  with  his  many  false  faiths, still  expects  to  have  more  followers  than  God,  evidently.  Tho'  evicted from among the loyal  Heavenly  angels,  he keeps trying.  Even tortures us  here on Earth. 

I  don't  claim  to  know  if  he  can  cause  bad  weather,  or  if  there's  just  some  mechanical  glitches, because, you probably remember  that  time  the  Disciples  in their boat woke Him up from a  nap, afraid they were  going to be overcome, and  He  told  the  waves "Peace, be still,"  right?  The  song  "Oh Lord, My God when I in awesome wonder consider all the worlds thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, THY POW'R THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE DISPLAYED", assumes God is doing all the weather distrubances.  We don't really  know  that, tho'  we  do  know He created  weather.  When I'm fearful because of tornado warnings, I comfort myself  with the thought we can pray for Divine Protection  (Psalm 91) whatever the circumstances.

It takes some humility  to  recognize Him as our sovreign  but  it's  well  worth  it, to have this Protection.

Bottom line, we've always had a sort  of  joke about  Satan  using a  pitchfork  on  us.  Not  God,  even  if  He  has  to  give  us  up  to  the  one  we've  chosen,  to keep  Heaven  pure and  all  of  us  safe  from Satan's  eternal  destructiveness.   Maybe  some of  you  could  articulate all this  much better than I can, but one more thought,  instead  of  us  arrogantly  "preaching to"  you, if you're a skeptic or total unbeliever, it's just because we have a commandment and instinct  to try to rescue you.  And haven't you been "preaching to" to"  the  Believers,  trying  to  take us away from God instead of  getting on the lifeboat  with us? 

Sorry I didn't  think to say this  much  earlier.   Better late than never.  Something at Facebook reminded me. An  unbeliever was accusing  us  of  "Ego", and there was a really unusual  number  of  comments  explaining that we  at  least  have  the  humility  to  respect  our  maker, and he's the one with  the  "Ego".  He changed his tune  quite a  bit, there were so many of us, and I hope will train his two children.  Lots of kids get killed, and you may say why doesn't God prevent that.  I  don't  claim to know,  maybe  because nobody prayed for them, and/or because  at  least  they're still  innocent and will be in a better  place  rather  than with Satan.  (?)  Can  we  have  some  comments?   I'm  sure  some of you could say it better.
Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 9:12AM #2
Rgurley4

Evidently, Satan, blinded by his haughtiness and PRIDE,
misguidedly thought that he had planned the perfect crime (deception on man),
one for which God would maybe never find a solution
so that his RULE would go on forever, convincing a number of angels also.
Pride can do that to you. 
It can blind you to the consequences or cause you to ignore them. 
Consider the Pharaoh in Exodus 14. 

According to Scripture: Satan's WORKS: (in Genesis and the Temptations of Jesus the God-Man)
1) Satan blinds people to the truth.
2) Satan works among those who live in disobedience to God.
3) Satan deceives.
4) Satan tempts people with desirable things.
5) Satan twists Scripture to say things it does not mean.

Also 1 Tim 3 ....qualifications for Overseers and Deacons

6 and not a new convert,
so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.
7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church,
so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil

The CAUSE of Satan's original sin was PRIDE.
He was simply a disguised spiritual liar and slanderer and tempter in Eden...
with no omnisicence to FORESEE the disobedience of A&E...Satan did not "KNOW"!

As a lesser created spirit being, he was described by Paul:

Ephesians 2: 1-2 (NASB)
And you (believers) were (spiritually) dead in your trespasses and sins,
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world (cosmos),
according to "the prince of the power of the air",
of the SPIRIT that is now working in the sons of disobedience.(unbelievers)

2 Corinthians 4: 2-4 (NASB) Paul: "the god of this world" (cosmos)
....by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
in whose case "the god of this world" (SATAN!) 
has blinded the minds of the unbelieving
so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Isaiah 14...Israel’s Taunt of Satan..the "King of Babylon"
“How you have fallen from heaven,
O "star of the morning", "son of the dawn"!
You have been cut down to the earth, (including Eden)
You who have weakened the nations!
13 “But you said in your heart, (spirit)
‘I will ASCEND to heaven; (God's realm)
I will raise MY throne above the stars of God, (God's glory)
And I will SIT on the mount of assembly (God's "position")
In the recesses of the north.
14 ‘I will ASCEND above the heights of the clouds; (God's realm)
>>>>I will make myself like the Most High.’<<<< (angelic original sin of PRIDE)
15 “Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol, (lowest resting place for the dead)
To the recesses of the pit. (on earth)

SEE ALSO: Ezekiel 28..."Tyre’s King " Overthrown

17 “Your ("KING of TYRE") heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor.
I cast you to the ground;
I put you before kings,
That they may see you.

Use of DEMONS...
Satan is the "prince" of willing angels, "unclean spirits", whose power is also limited and whose fate is also determined.

BUT...Good News for Believers ?!?...The permanently indwelling God the Holy Spirit helps the believer overcome any contrary spirit attack.

1 John 4: 1-6 (NIV)
Dear friends, (Believers)
do not believe every spirit, but TEST the spirits
to see whether they are from God,
because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God:
Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.
This is the spirit of the antichrist,
which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them,(worldly spirits)
because the one who is in you (God the Holy Spirit)
is greater than the one who is in the world.(Satan + fallen angels)
They are from the world (cast from heaven)
and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and
the world listens to them.
We are from God, and
whoever knows God,
listens to us;
but whoever is not from God
does not listen to us.
This is how we recognize the Spirit of Truth (TRI-UNE GOD)
and the spirit of falsehood.(absence of God is evil)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 11:43AM #3
Eagle-1

Quote:   Evidently, Satan, blinded by his haughtiness and PRIDE,
misguidedly thought that he had planned the perfect crime (deception on man),
one for which God would maybe never find a solution  

I  LIKE  the  way   you   put   it,  that  Satan  evidently  thought  God  would  never  find  a  solution. 

He's  still  doing   it,   accusing   us,  in   religion  (heavenly)  circles   behind  our  backs.   And  of  course  in  other  circles  too,  our  workplace,  schools,  hospitals,  homes,  probably  the  military,  like  when  that  Marine  barracks  was  blown  up,  whatever.  

Satan  himself  is  in  religion,  POSING  AS   one  of   the  messengers   of   light,  his  main  denomination  probably  the  one   that   claims  to  be  the  only  one   doing   only  what  is  authorized  in  scriptures.   Anyone  remember  when  Bush  Sr.  was  saying  "The  church  can  do  anything  it  wants"?   Evidently  something  has  been  going  on,   maybe   the  voyeurism  of  the  woman,  in  the  short  book  of   Micah  and   also   in   Revelation  12  and  other  cross  references,  which  Satan   thought  the   woman   would   never  figure  out.   People  might  hint  in  her  presence  but  she  might  not  be  sure   they're   talking  to   her, or  about  her  problem, can't  be  positive  she's  the  one.  

Some   Two  Witnesses,   Revelation  11,  get  killed  and   resurrected  after  finishing  some  testimony  about  something  or  other.   Could   it   be  about   this?    Any  other  ideas?   

Someone  for  a  while  was  teaching  that  God  didn't  ordain  families,   ("He setteth the solitary in families")  coinciding  with  a   verse  in   Revelation  12   that   he's   trying  to   "get   rid   of"  this  Christian  woman,  who  may  be  into  prophecy  and   he   may  fear   she   can   expose   him. 

At  least  that's  my  theory  of   the   moment.      

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 4:30PM #4
Eagle-1

I meant to ask about your sentence  that  Satan  didn't  know  A&E  would  sin.   He's  so  prideful,  maybe  he  WAS  sure  they  would  (?) 

BTW,  the  Warren  Jeffs  case  proves   it's  not  true  that  churches  can  do  anything they  want.  The  letters  to  the  seven  churches  of  Asia  in  Rev. 1  also  prove  they  can't.   And  the Micah  conspiracy   wasn't   any   whole  church,  just   some   lustful   undisciplined  probable -LEADERS. Aren't  cult  scandals  always  by  an  egomaniac  man?   The   end  times  final  antichrist   corrupts  men   with  flattery.  

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 8:42AM #5
Seniorville

Apr 20, 2012 -- 10:18AM, Eagle-1 wrote:

4-19-11

Months back there was some discussion I can't seem to find  this  morning, where  I  needed  to  post  one  more  comment.   

An unbeliever was saying God's punishing people in Hell  is  un-gentlemanly, and, I know,  I  should have said immediately,  that   Hell  was  prepared  for  the  devil  and  his  traitor  angels  who  rebelled  in  Heaven and  had  to  be  evicted.  That  we've  all  been  invited  to  "the big party in the sky", eventually,  and that  it's  not  very  gentlemanly  to  ignore  the  invitation,  now  is  it?   He  did  everything  necessary for  our  attending, if  we'll  just  make  the  right  choice, while  there's  time.  If  you  keep  insisting He's  not  real,  why  not  accept anyway  just  in  case  you  have  to  knock  on  His  door  or  gate after a fatal accident, heart attack, or whatever?   If  it should turn out to be untrue, what have you lost? 

My point being,  it's  not  God  who  runs  the  torture, but  Satan  himself.  "Misery  loves  company."  Satan knows  he  has  only  a  short  time, and  with  his  many  false  faiths, still  expects  to  have  more  followers  than  God,  evidently.  Tho'  evicted from among the loyal  Heavenly  angels,  he keeps trying.  Even tortures us  here on Earth. 

I  don't  claim  to  know  if  he  can  cause  bad  weather,  or  if  there's  just  some  mechanical  glitches, because, you probably remember  that  time  the  Disciples  in their boat woke Him up from a  nap, afraid they were  going to be overcome, and  He  told  the  waves "Peace, be still,"  right?  The  song  "Oh Lord, My God when I in awesome wonder consider all the worlds thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, THY POW'R THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE DISPLAYED", assumes God is doing all the weather distrubances.  We don't really  know  that, tho'  we  do  know He created  weather.  When I'm fearful because of tornado warnings, I comfort myself  with the thought we can pray for Divine Protection  (Psalm 91) whatever the circumstances.

It takes some humility  to  recognize Him as our sovreign  but  it's  well  worth  it, to have this Protection.

Bottom line, we've always had a sort  of  joke about  Satan  using a  pitchfork  on  us.  Not  God,  even  if  He  has  to  give  us  up  to  the  one  we've  chosen,  to keep  Heaven  pure and  all  of  us  safe  from Satan's  eternal  destructiveness.   Maybe  some of  you  could  articulate all this  much better than I can, but one more thought,  instead  of  us  arrogantly  "preaching to"  you, if you're a skeptic or total unbeliever, it's just because we have a commandment and instinct  to try to rescue you.  And haven't you been "preaching to" to"  the  Believers,  trying  to  take us away from God instead of  getting on the lifeboat  with us? 

Sorry I didn't  think to say this  much  earlier.   Better late than never.  Something at Facebook reminded me. An  unbeliever was accusing  us  of  "Ego", and there was a really unusual  number  of  comments  explaining that we  at  least  have  the  humility  to  respect  our  maker, and he's the one with  the  "Ego".  He changed his tune  quite a  bit, there were so many of us, and I hope will train his two children.  Lots of kids get killed, and you may say why doesn't God prevent that.  I  don't  claim to know,  maybe  because nobody prayed for them, and/or because  at  least  they're still  innocent and will be in a better  place  rather  than with Satan.  (?)  Can  we  have  some  comments?   I'm  sure  some of you could say it better.

Amen.  Accept Jesus in your life and be saved. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 5:38AM #6
Eagle-1

Amen  to  Seniorville's  post.    Accept  Christ  as  your  Savior  now.   

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook