3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 2:03PM #1
Virtuous1
I have taught bible study for many years on the radio and in church but this year the Lord has called me to take my bible study to a whole new level. I will be having bible study outdoors in my towns local park.

This way those who don't always feel comfortable coming to church will probably attend a study outdoors. My prayer is that once they see what and why people are gathering around that they will want to know more about Jesus and even if they reject the gospel at least they would of heard the message and only God can touch their hearts, not me. I can only give them the word.

I am excited and nervous at the same time because this local park where I will be holding bible study is a very busy park there is always many of people out and about no matter what time of day or evening or night it is.

To God be all the glory!

And so if you happen to live in Maryland and want to attend be glad to have you there...
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint...Isaiah 40:31
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 3:44PM #2
Hatman
Virtuous1-
Actually, you can give them MUCH more than "the word"(lower case).
Since you've been teaching from the Bible for many years, you should be familiar(VERY familiar) with Christ's words @ Matthew 25, not to mention the confirmation of His words by James.

But even if you cannot feed them all, give them all drink, welcome them all, clothe them all, visit them all when they are sick or in prison---you can take the time to get to know them.

When i first became what i call a "practicing" christian, i was led to begin a backyard garden.
In order to do that, i needed to first, cut the grass turf and peel it aside.  Then, i needed to dig down about 9", prying all the rocks out, cutting/pulling/levering out all the roots, removing the clay and other things that growing plants do not need.

After doing that, the turned earth needed to first be broken up, then hoe'd into smaller chunks, then raked.

After that, tons of topsoil needed to be spread, with that then worked into the soil by turning it w/a spadin' fork. then hoe'ing it.

After that, samples needed to be taken and sent out for analysis, to determine which nutrients were needed in the soil.

After that, the nutrients needed to be acquired, spread, and tilled in.

After that, rows had to be made, and seeds planted; once the seeds sprouted, some needed to be thinned out, and weeds kept down.

After that, the young plants needed to be staked and/or caged so that they'd grow straight and tall while being protected from attack or damage.

When one (either figuratively or literally) stands on a streetcorner shouting phrases from the Bible, that could be compared to someone holding a handful of seeds, praying over them, then throwing them into the back yard...as opposed to doing all the foregoing work, which, although exhausting and quite laborious, greatly helps to ensure a fruitful harvest.

Many-if-not-most people are very much like an unimproved lawn such as described above, and it takes much work to turn a wasteland into a garden, does it not?  Does the abandoned house and grounds get better if left alone? 

Just to perhaps clarify things, too---If the Bible were the Word of God, John 1:1 et seq. would read "In the Beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God," right?

Therefore, Christ is the True Word---and He cannot truly be preached, but SHOWN...as in "you are the only Christ some people will ever see," or "Preach the Good News always; when necessary, use words."

Then, too, there's the Proverb: "In all toil, there is profit; much talk tends only to want."

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 1:38AM #3
Estacia

I love how Bilble Studies can be held anywhere!!! There is no "wrong" place for one.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook