Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where Is Whitney Houston Now?
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 10:15AM #1
Webers_Home

Whitney Houston started her singing career in church at the age of 9 and was wont to thank Jesus for her huge success as a diva. But like the man says: Everybody talkin' 'bout heaven ain't goin' there.

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Mtt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Mtt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Cliff
/

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 12:42PM #2
Rgurley4

Where is Whitney Houston now?

aka

Can we Christ-followers JUDGE our neighbors' Soul / Spirit relationships with the TRI-UNE GOD?

Answers:
A. Her BODY lives at: (Google it!)
B. Her SOUL's actions / omissions perhaps can be spiritually discerned by her "fruits" / works.
C. Her SPIRIT and its relationship to God cannot and should not be judged by her fellow "man".

B. "SOUL"....SEE: (NASB)

Matthew 12:33...[ Words and Actions Reveal Character / Soul]
“Either make the tree good and its fruit good,
or make the tree bad and its fruit bad;
for the tree is known by its fruit.

Luke 6:44
For each tree is known by its own fruit.
For men do not gather figs from thorns,
nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

C. "SPIRIT"...SEE: (NASB)

Matthew 7:1....[ Jesus: on Judging Others ]
“ Do not judge (others spiritually) so that you will not be judged.( by the Spirit)

Luke 6:37
“ Do not judge, and you will not be judged;
and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned;
pardon (forgive), and you will be pardoned.(forgiven)

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged;
he who does not believe has been judged already, (unbeliever)
because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

P>S>...I HOPE to hear her sing in heaven!...if that is possible...my request:

"I will always LOVE you"

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 4:08PM #3
dblad

Feb 12, 2012 -- 10:15AM, Webers_Home wrote:

Whitney Houston started her singing career in church at the age of 9 and was wont to thank Jesus for her huge success as a diva. But like the man says: Everybody talkin' 'bout heaven ain't goin' there.

Do you every do anything other than gloat ?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 6:34PM #4
Webers_Home

Whitney Houston wore the Christian label; so in her case there are some possibilities according to whatever your own particular interpretation of certain after-life Bible passages might be. But now you take Steve Jobs: his religion of choice was Buddhism.

According to Siddhartha Guatama, dead Buddhists undergo a rearrangement of karma and come back in another form: which may, or may not be of the same species; and/or may, or may not be of the same gender.

In other words: it's conceivable that Jobs is back among us as kelp spore off the coast of San Diego, or even as E.coli 0157-H7 in the belly of a head of cattle being fattened up with genetically engineered corn fodder in a concentrated animal feeding operation owned and operated by Tyson meat company. Wouldn't it be amazing if McDonald's next E.coli fatality was actually caused by Apple Computer's iPhone genius?

Cliff
/

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 8:45PM #5
Rgurley4

IMHO...Steve Jobs' ACTIONS + WORDS led me to the conclusion that he was an unbeliever.

If I'm right, there ain't no second chances on planet earth for Steve-o. After his death...only:

JUDGMENT by a God who wanted him to be in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 8:49PM #6
hamerhas

Nobody can know the true state of anyone's salvation at the moment of death.

Yes , No ?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 8:59PM #7
Svetlana

Feb 12, 2012 -- 8:49PM, hamerhas wrote:

Nobody can know the true state of anyone's salvation at the moment of death.

Yes , No ?

Of course no one can know such a thing, it isn't even any of our business.  We are to love everyone in order to show what they can expect of Christ, of "being saved", and leave the rest to God and the individual.  Whitney Houston is where the God that loves her unconditionally wants her to be, and that's all we need to know.  May she rest in peace indeed!

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 9:08PM #8
Rgurley4

Nobody (no human alive today) can know the true (spiritual) state of anyone's (progressive)salvation at the moment of (that person's) death.(of Body and Soul)

YES!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 1:13AM #9
k-bearsmom

Aren't you the one who asked the same question about Steve Job's destination....with the same 'gloating' attitude?

Moderated by Merope on Feb 15, 2012 - 03:58PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 10:52AM #10
Webers_Home

A really good friend of mine passed away in 2007, and since then, there hasn't a week gone by that I don't wonder what he's doing now.

Some insist nobody goes to a heaven; and others insist nobody goes to a hell. Everyone has to be their own jury in these matters since both sides of the heaven and hell question are able to prove conclusively that theirs is correct. In other words: matters of hell and heaven fall into  the "a Dingo ate my baby" category where some are convinced wild dogs killed the child, while others aren't so sure the mother didn't do it.

It has always been somewhat of a curiosity to me how proponents of diametrically opposed religious ideologies so confidently attest that their own doctrine is the one that's "according to the Bible" and they usually are too because with a little imagination, it's not all that difficult to construe, allegorize, parable-ize, spiritualize, and/or metaphor-ize the Bible to make it mean whatever somebody wants it to mean. I've even seen people utilize Paul's teachings in the epistles to refute his master's teachings in the four gospels!

Cliff
/

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook