Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 8:10AM #11
Hatman

Feb 2, 2012 -- 6:45PM, Androiddream wrote:

Hello, I'm new.

Hi!

I was wondering, do any of you strive to be more Christian than you are currently?

Not me; i seek to become one with Christ, not Christianity.  BIG difference.

Recently, God told me through prayer that total devotion to Him, over an i(n)definite period of time, might cure my illness.

Cool!  "Whatsoever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and you will."

I've been Christian for some time, but now I know that I need to be more Christian (for lack of a better phrase).

Be careful with seeking that advice, especially from those who think they know what you should do better than you and Christ.  Be careful also with whom you share your vision or wisdom, too; recall the advice about those who'll trample your pearls in the mud, then turn to rend, as well.

So, what are your ideas for becoming more Christian?  Thank you.
Jason

Asked and answered, but to be more specific about becoming One with Christ and Our Father(see John 14:12, 17:11, 17:21-24, et al), humility and love, love expressed as kindness, generosity, faithfulness, self-control, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, insight, understanding, prudence, faithfulness, and several other qualities of character you will find along the Way, if you do so consistently.  Remembering that John 14:12 says that "These things that I do, ye shall do also" refers not only to healing as He does, being wholesome as He is, but also enduring the suffering others will inflict on you as did He.  You'll fall, and you'll fail, but you ain't licked if you refuse to be.  Perhaps you may often bring to mind "I must decrease, but He must increase," which John said in one of his letters, iirc.

It's a life-long journey; one can never rest on one's laurels, or say to themselves(truthfully) "At last!  Now i am truly humble," can one?

But when dealing with the less-aware than yourself---e.g. those who cheer on various kinds of sin(see Jerry Springer), follow Christ's advice to, on occasion, "Come away by yourselves to a lonely place for awhile," there to be refreshed, renewed, and restored.

IME, Our Father speaks most loudly in silence; see what is(to me) perhaps the hardest command of the OT, from Psalm 46:10(iirc), "Be still, and know that I AM God."

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 2:00PM #12
Dickey

Feb 3, 2012 -- 10:31PM, Androiddream wrote:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your detailed input.  It really means a lot.  I'm going to copy your messages and put them into a Word file for easy reference.

Jason

There is no question God provides.  But do you serve God or do you want HIM to serve you?  I'm being serious.  If HE IS LORD, and YOU SERVE YOUR KING, then whatever HE chose for you, you will accept willingly, yes? 

God created the world, and made it to reproduce, and follow a natural course, following natural laws, and we live within them.  Do we expect GOD to break those natural laws/rules HE set in motion, just to appease our minds?

God is great.  God is love.  God has a plan.  I am small.  I am dying.  I have a fatal illness.  Maybe this week, tomorrow, or 15 years from now.  I know the illness that will cause my demise. 

I have flatlined 3x in a 2 hour period in my younger years.  My step mother told me I was so honery that not even GOD wanted me yet.  :|  I nearly died a half year ago.  I'm not saying these things without thought, nor from a Cavalier mindset.

I'm not asking GOD to change the world to suit me. If He wills it and sees it as good for His plan, then I'm more than willing.  However if my role is to die this week, I've found I can be content with that as well.  Let HIS will be done.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 6:53PM #13
Beautiful_Dreamer

Well, let's hope your role isn't to die this week, but to live and live well for years to come. But yes, let His will be done. I can think of no greater statement of faith.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook