Switch to Forum Live View Should I take up my cross again?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2012 - 2:33PM #1
Dong
When I was in high school, I worked my butt off.... I worked harder than anybody in my grade and I managed to get into an Ivy League school even though I had more problems in one year than most people have in 10... then I started slacking off.

Now after being extremely lazy for 6 years I am thinking I should become hard working again but if I am going to be hard working again, I want to commit everything that I have and everything that I am to this... It just requires so much sacrifice I don't know if I should do it, what do you think? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2012 - 4:44PM #2
Basil1951

What are you concerned about sacrificing and what is it you desire to gain?

Basil

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2012 - 4:50PM #3
Dong

I inherited a lot of money when my grandpa died and if I want, I can go my entire life without working...

Also, I've gained a lot a weight over the years and don't feel like exercising it off. I figure i don't need to be a size 2 all the time.

I'm thinking of becoming a computer programmer even though I don't need to work anymore and everybody tells me it's an exhausting and very demanding field of work. 

I also thought that maybe I could exercise anyway even though I have friends who don't care what I look like. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2012 - 5:57PM #4
Hatman
What do you think God's will is for you?

i have seen you write about what YOU do and don't want to do...

But no need to answer here; this should be a private matter between yourself and Our Father...and afaik, He desires that you should master sin, practice love and seek His Kingdom, acting as ambassador for the same.

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 2:16PM #5
Beautiful_Dreamer

Pray and seek out the will of God, and do what will make you feel good. Your friends may find computer programming to be very challenging, but it doesn't have to be that way for *you*. Plus, a challenge can be good. My husband does tech support and most of my friends here are in the IT field-they love it.

As for exercise, I know it is hard to get motivated. I know I need to do it a lot more than I do! I used to work out all the time, and then I got hurt. Either way, the way you feel about yourself and physically when you are in good shape is a motivator in and of itself!

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 8:16AM #6
Iwantamotto

Well, considering you don't have financial pressures to make your choice for you, why not do it for fun first?  You have the luxury of trying many things as a hobby before committing to it.  How many stories do we hear of people who just cooked for the fun of it, people liked it, and now they own franchises?

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 12:06PM #7
No_Chance_Without_Jesus

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. 28 “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

You have a job to do in the kingdom, we all do, and money is incidental to that....sure you need it to live but as Matthew 6 tell us not to worry about that, but to seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

Do the work God has laid before you, and you will hear the words we all long to hear. Well done Good and Faithful servants.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook