Switch to Forum Live View APOSTLE'S CREED....COMMON GROUND?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 11:45AM #1
Rgurley4

The 12?) APOSTLE'S CREED (ELLC 1988) English Language Liturgical Consultation...comments in ( parenthesis) xyz)

1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, ( First person of a TRI-UNE GOD...many names)
     1a. creator of heaven and earth. (...let US create...)

2. I believe in Jesus (of Nazareth) (the) Christ, God's only Son, our LORD, (YHWH) (Second person of a TRI-UNE GOD)
     2a. who was conceived by the Holy Spirit (seed of woman) , born of the Virgin Mary, (Word became "flesh" = GOD-MAN)

3. suffered under (illegal trials by) Pontius Pilate, (and Jewish authorities)
     3a. was crucified (Roman method), died (bled to death), and was buried (wrapped + in a tomb on a Friday near Jerusalem)

4. he descended to the dead.(to free waiting souls in Paradise + Hades = Abraham's Bosom)

5 On the third day ("Sunday") he rose again; (resurrection in changed body observed by many in multiple appearances in ~40 days)

6. he ascended into heaven, (ascension observed by disciples from Mount of Olives near Jerusalem)
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father, (as Advocate for believers, TRI-UNE GOD reunited)
    6a. and he will come (again) to judge the living and the dead.(Second Coming, Millenium, many Judgments, New Heavens + Earth)

7. I believe in (God) the Holy Spirit, (Third person of a TRI-UNE GOD, now permanently indwelling believers)

8. the holy catholic (universal) CHURCH, (= "body" of Jesus, the "head", baptized into the Holy Spirit)

9.   the communion of saints, (fellowship of believers)

10. the forgiveness of sins, (for believers, purchased by Jesus' finished work on the Cross)

11. the resurrection of the body, (promise of a heavenly body like Jesus after death)

12. and the life everlasting. (eternal co-existence in the spiritual presence of the TRI-UNE GOD)

Amen.(we agree!)

A. Are not these Biblical TRUTHS the COMMON GROUND upon which TRUE Christ-followers base their BELIEF SYSTEM?

B. Which are necessary to SALVATION?

C. Which are necessary only to clarify POSITION and prevent dissensions / heresy ?

D. Which citations to the Bible / Scriptures support each of the ~12 points?

A Bnet reference?

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 02, 2013 - 5:55AM #2
timothysmiles

Jan 24, 2012 -- 11:45AM, Rgurley4 wrote:

The 12?) APOSTLE'S CREED (ELLC 1988) English Language Liturgical Consultation...comments in ( parenthesis) xyz)

1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, ( First person of a TRI-UNE GOD...many names)

2. I believe in Jesus (of Nazareth) (the) Christ, God's only Son, our LORD, (YHWH) (Second person of a TRI-UNE GOD)
     2a. who was conceived by the Holy Spirit (seed of woman) , born of the Virgin Mary, (Word became "flesh" = GOD-MAN)

3a. was crucified (Roman method), died (bled to death), and was buried (wrapped + in a tomb on a Friday near Jerusalem)

4. he descended to the dead.(to free waiting souls in Paradise + Hades = Abraham's Bosom)

5 On the third day ("Sunday") he rose again; (resurrection in changed body observed by many in multiple appearances in ~40 days)

6. he ascended into heaven, (ascension observed by disciples from Mount of Olives near Jerusalem)
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father, (as Advocate for believers, TRI-UNE GOD reunited)
    6a. and he will come (again) to judge the living and the dead.(Second Coming, Millenium, many Judgments, New Heavens + Earth)

7. I believe in (God) the Holy Spirit, (Third person of a TRI-UNE GOD, now permanently indwelling believers)

8. the holy catholic (universal) CHURCH, (= "body" of Jesus, the "head", baptized into the Holy Spirit)

10. the forgiveness of sins, (for believers, purchased by Jesus' finished work on the Cross)

11. the resurrection of the body, (promise of a heavenly body like Jesus after death)

12. and the life everlasting. (eternal co-existence in the spiritual presence of the TRI-UNE GOD)

Amen.(we agree!)

A. Are not these Biblical TRUTHS the COMMON GROUND upon which TRUE Christ-followers base their BELIEF SYSTEM?

C. Which are necessary only to clarify POSITION and prevent dissensions / heresy ?

A Bnet reference?

Yes affirming faith without doubt and obeying ten commandments  and  truthfully saying Lord’s prayer is indicates  a person is born-again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 02, 2013 - 7:08PM #3

Jul 2, 2013 -- 5:55AM, timothysmiles wrote:

Yes affirming faith without doubt and obeying ten commandments  and  truthfully saying Lord’s prayer is indicates  a person is born-again.

timothysmiles...are you telling me you have the ability to keep each and every one of the 10 commandments? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 02, 2013 - 7:15PM #4

Jan 24, 2012 -- 11:45AM, Rgurley4 wrote:

1=C

2=B

3=C

4=C

5=B

6=C

7=C

8=C

9=C

10=B

11=B

Amen.(we agree!)

12=C

A Bnet reference?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 03, 2013 - 2:56AM #5
timothysmiles

Jul 2, 2013 -- 7:08PM, 57 wrote:

Jul 2, 2013 -- 5:55AM, timothysmiles wrote:

timothysmiles...are you telling me you have the ability to keep each and every one of the 10 commandments? 

57         I Believe  bible  and strive to  truth fully obey  the ten commandments at times  I faille un intensely  immediately  I ask forgiveness from the affected person and  by prayer. I can affirm as we say in Lord’s Prayer forgiven all trespasses against me what so ever   by anybody. This gives me    the hope and peace Jesus as forgiven all my sins on the   cross. 

God helps us to obey Ten Commandments   

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook