Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do you know you are living a spiritually abundant life?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2012 - 3:47PM #1
Pastorsrus

Lately, God has Pastor G and me exploring what Jesus means by an abundant life.  Since He came to live among us to usher in the new covenant of grace, the focus needs to be on the spiritual and not the physical in terms of material wealth and possessions.  Looking back on your life, have there been blessings of spiritual abundance?  What were they?  Have you been further blessed with spiritual abundance?

Pastor G and I have been blessed to live a very spiritually abundant life while being also blessed to live having our physical needs taken care of like Jesus promises in Matthew 6:33.  What are your thoughts and experiences about personally living a spiritually abundant life?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2012 - 7:16PM #2
Pathfnd1

ok, I don't have as many physical blessings like some people do, but I am not poor either. And still, I do have an abundant spiritual life. It depends upon what you do with your talents, strengths and gifts, and you must discern what these are and then follow through in ACTION  and with courage, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to spread out generously the gifts you have been given.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2012 - 7:49PM #3
belleo

How do you know you are living a spiritually abundant life?  There is the joy of the Lord within The Father sent his Son into the world to bring us new life . Jesus is Lord .When I accepted his lordship I experienced a new feedom and a new life . All my sins were forgiven . That's real freedom . In Acts 1:1-5 the Spirit was sent to all of us after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to the Father . In Acts 2  or Acts 19:1-1 when the Holy Spirit comes to someone , he becomes a change man ....

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2012 - 9:56PM #4
Bouncybaby

Hi Pastor S, Spiritual abundance is the will of God. I have been a spiritual person as a very very small child. I have always followed in the way of God. He has filled my life with knowledge, wisdom, peace, joy, harmony and all the good things that come from God. And love is the greatest gift of all from God, He gave his most prized possession Jesus for us. God has also given me the gift of the Holy Spirit, prophecy through visions and dreams of revelations revealing future events. God's word is truth and Satan's workers can not duplicate them. The word of God has always come true. The problem I have is that evil spirits surround me also. I have heard that others with the gift have the same  problem. With all that God has given me I stand firm in His word.  God has given us life and God lives in us all. Where God is evil can not dwell but it will continue to try.

The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 4:03PM #5
Anniesheart2

Living a spiritually abundant life filled with success. I know that I have been blessed with much, I just look around me and see it. There is so much to be thankful for. Spiritually, I know that there is abundance around me. I see what God has given me, forgiveness for me and my sins, He has allowed me to keep on getting closer no matter how much I stumble and just want to give up. I do feel His love, and when my spirits are soaring, I really feel the peace that I believe can only come from Him.

How do you measure that spiritual abundance and success? Somedays it feels as if it is elusive and when I feel that way, I feel nothing. I have been blessed, and I know it, I feel it, but there are days that the negativity, evil, badness, can be so overwhelming. I feel him when I am this way, when I pray, when I read my favorite verses, when I am outside with just the skies and my beasts, I feel His prescence and feel as if I am becoming renewed, reenergized to keep on what it is that I must do.

We always manage to make ends meet. And when I am down and out, I always manage to get enough courage to keep up a smile whether it is real or not. But always, I hear of someone that has it much worse than I, and that allows me to keep my bearings. There are days that I just am so happy for no reason, so peaceful, and those are days that are truly spiritual blessings.

Anniesheart2
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 11:19PM #6
Darlene

For me, spiritual abundance is experiencing more of my heavenly Father. It transcends everything physical and is in no way dependent upon the physical. I experience this abundance most when I dedicate myself to studying his word. His word is life and it brings forth life. We learn in the parable of the sower that his word is represented by seed. When it falls on good soil, it brings forth abundant fruit. Likewise, when his word is planted in a receptive heart, it also brings forth abundant fruit. Galatians 5:22-23 tells us that the fruit of his Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. Each of these qualities can only eminate from God himself and those who allow him to impregnate them with his seed (life).

The more I feed upon his word, the more I find myself exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit. I have become calmer and more peaceful within. I find I am not as easily agitated, I am less anxious and worried. I am more conscious of my witness before others and eagerly embrace this new nature that is transforming me day by day into his image. Learning to deal with stress from his perspective results in a healthier, happier me. A judgmental, unforgiving attitude seems foreign to me now. I am not as critical and find myself more accepting of circumstances and events that might have, in the past, brought agitation, even anger. When I am tempted to respond to another with words that might sting or hurt, the Spirit immediately speaks to my heart reminding me that this is not the way. I find myself choosing words of encouragement that build others up, words that make others smile. I compliment more and show appreciation more readily, and give praise rather than ridicule. I am more positive and find myself walking with a spring in my step, or singing a song, or praying often throughout the day with a thankful heart.

Jesus said that he came that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly (John 10:10). The more I allow him to live his life in me, for he is the living word, he will produce in me abundant fruit, the spiritual fruit of his Spirit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 6:21AM #7
Goodwinterri

Jan 22, 2012 -- 3:47PM, Pastorsrus wrote:

Lately, God has Pastor G and me exploring what Jesus means by an abundant life.  Since He came to live among us to usher in the new covenant of grace, the focus needs to be on the spiritual and not the physical in terms of material wealth and possessions.  Looking back on your life, have there been blessings of spiritual abundance?  What were they?  Have you been further blessed with spiritual abundance?

Pastor G and I have been blessed to live a very spiritually abundant life while being also blessed to live having our physical needs taken care of like Jesus promises in Matthew 6:33.  What are your thoughts and experiences about personally living a spiritually abundant life?

Looking back on your life, have there been blessings of spiritual abundance? 

Yes, I have blessings of spiritual abudance.  Esphesions 1:3 says "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.

Esphesians 1:11 says "In Him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will." 

What were they? 

The first one is that Christ saved me  while I was yet in my sin, when I wasn't even thinking about him he had me on his mind.

The second, is that I have the abudant life in Christ.

And third and lastly, He's coming back for me!  Halleuah!!!

Have you been further blessed with spiritual abudance?

Yes, Romans 5:17 says that "through Christ I have the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness and I will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

Have you been further blessed with spiritual abundance?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 9:22PM #8
Maggiecross
Hi, Pastor S.

Because of God's good mercy though a virgin's birth, and the power of the cross, which he paid in full for all of our debts. The veil was torn so we could have an open door--Redemption. Furthermore, we can come boldly to the " Throne of Grace" and find his mercy through --Jesus Christ blood sprinkle on the mercy seat of grace --is how he recognizes us ( Hebrews 4: 16). For this, we can come boldly to the throne of grace for prayer in times of help. We can glorify his name through praise, honor and the glory is our triumph because of his merciful love.

My abundant life through Christ, is having spiritual gifts the Lord has equipped me with: Sound mind through discernment, wisdom and the spirit of knowledge, and faith in the Lord's power and might ( Ephesians 6: 10). -- Finally, I have the gift of prophecy and love, and mostly, the gift of prayer through access to the throne of grace that God has equipped me with is my abundant life in victory! This is the best joy I've ever had.

Lots of Love, Maggie :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 9:23PM #9
Beautiful_Dreamer

I suppose you can say that I've experienced spiritual abundance in terms of having a church that is a very comfortable and loving place, especially after some other personal experiences I've had. That and the fact that I'm still alive after a really bad car wreck, because I've been given another chance to live a spritual life. If that makes sense. I'll explain if need be, I'm a bit 'out of it' today!

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Aug 27, 2013 - 1:37PM #10
Ordained

God is so good to each and every one of us.  We are all abundantly blessed, even when we may not feel that the blessings are overflowing as we wish.  If we could see the larger view of ALL, we would truly recognize the greatness of God and how we are special, loved, unique, accepted, and that God's Eye is always upon us.  God's mercy and grace is more than enough to give us the courage and strength to rise above worldly cares and the snares of life.

Yes, I know that God has blessed me in so many ways.  And if I say otherwise, I would be made to be a liar.  I am still here....

Regardless of whatever circumstance or situation I may find myself, God has always, always, had His hand on me.

What a great God WE serve!

Love,

Ordained

Ordained
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook