Page 4 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 5:27PM #31

Jan 9, 2012 -- 3:16PM, lope wrote:

Jan 9, 2012 -- 2:32PM, 57 wrote:

Jan 9, 2012 -- 2:19PM, lope wrote:

It would not be part of the no one else.  It is only part of the no one if you don't believe God allows us to be able to love or not love and makes us do what ever God wants.  I don't believe in a God that imprisons us --forces us to stay with Him.  Our value to God is in our willing ness to be His child.  Otherwise we have no value to Him.

It would help your case if you some scripture to back up your opinion.   But as I said, the bible says no one, you included. 

The only reason why you would want to leave God and His great salvation would be if you have been deceived.  The one that would have decieved you then would have snatched you out of Gods hand...which the bible tells us is impossible. 

But the bible does not tell us it is impossible for the righteous to turn to wickedness.  In fact it says it is possible.  Ezekiel 18.

Every time you sin you turn to wickedness. 

In other words...according to your theology...you've already lost yoursalvation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 5:29PM #32

Jan 9, 2012 -- 3:19PM, lope wrote:

Our ability to love or not love, comes from God who is able to create us that way and does.  God is like the father to the prodical son.  He lets us leave if we want to leave.

Chapter and verse please.  Show me where the bible say's we can leave "lose" our salvation. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 5:49PM #33
LeahOne

Jan 8, 2012 -- 4:23PM, 57 wrote:

John 10:27-30 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one."

How is it possible to lose ones salvation?

No one else can snatch them away - but unless they are captives, they can wander off or otherwise fail to follow. 

I strongly suspect that having an attitude of 'Eternal Security Smug Superiority' would do it.....  but then I'm no expert : ))

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 5:54PM #34
LeahOne

Jan 9, 2012 -- 5:29PM, 57 wrote:

Jan 9, 2012 -- 3:19PM, lope wrote:

Our ability to love or not love, comes from God who is able to create us that way and does.  God is like the father to the prodical son.  He lets us leave if we want to leave.

Chapter and verse please.  Show me where the bible say's we can leave "lose" our salvation. 

The verse you quoted doesn't state that such loss is impossible:  it states that the salvation cannot be *taken away by another* .  Hmmmmm - it doesn't even state that He Who gives salvation, will never take it away. 

I'd suggest this be viewed as I view the Sinai Covenant:  that GOD is faithful and will not break the relationship, but that we are able to choose to end it on our end.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 6:03PM #35
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Don't take his woobie away Leah. 

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 8:26PM #36
SherriMunnerlyn

John 10:27-30 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one."

According to this verse, when one is truly saved, one cannot lose one's salvation.

So, what is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, the unforgiveable sin?

I think it can only occur when a person who is unsaved is convicted of their sin and shown clearly who Jesus is by the Holy Spirit, and they reject Jesus. They are persons who never have salvation.

Blasphemy has always been a difficult concept for me to grasp, but I just found myself thinking maybe I am making it altogether too complicated. If a person persists in rejecting Jesus, they obviously never will reach a point they will repent from their sins, and they will never be saved and forgiven for their sins. Thus, they committed the unforgiveable sin of Blasphemy.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 8:32PM #37
G.flower

Jan 9, 2012 -- 8:26PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

According to this verse, when one is truly saved, one cannot lose one's salvation.

I think it can only occur when a person who is unsaved is convicted of their sin and shown clearly who Jesus is by the Holy Spirit, and they reject Jesus. They are persons who never have salvation.

Blasphemy has always been a difficult concept for me to grasp, but I just found myself thinking maybe I am making it altogether too complicated. If a person persists in rejecting Jesus, they obviously never will reach a point they will repent from their sins, and they will never be saved and forgiven for their sins. Thus, they committed the unforgiveable sin of Blasphemy.

Sherri

I really don't think so. Get to know Yahweh personally and you won't have to worry about such things, IMO.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 8:53PM #38
davelaw40

Jan 9, 2012 -- 2:09PM, lope wrote:

Jan 9, 2012 -- 2:01PM, 57 wrote:

Jan 9, 2012 -- 4:48AM, koolpoi wrote:

From a Christian perspective,wouldn't converting to another faith do that?

How? Then they would have been snatched out of Gods hand. So based on that i would have to say converting to another faith would not be grounds for "losing one's salvation".

Then again if they did convert...they might have been saved in the first place. 

Being snatched out of God's hand indicates someone else involved who takes us aways from being a child of God.  This is not the same as leaving on our own.  We can separate ourselves from God.  But no one else can separate us from God.

strongly disagree

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

no man includes ones self

2Ti 2:13 Although we become faithless, yet He remains faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 9:21PM #39
SherriMunnerlyn

Jan 9, 2012 -- 8:32PM, G.flower wrote:

Jan 9, 2012 -- 8:26PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Sherri

I really don't think so. Get to know Yahweh personally and you won't have to worry about such things, IMO.

G.flower,

I am not worried about it.

And I agree with you, a personal relationship with God, I think that is exactly what John 3:16 is all about. But, of course, that also requires I acknowledge God for who He is.

Reading too much legalism into John 3:16, then I would be just like the Pharisees Jesus addressed in Matthew 22.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 9:31PM #40
SecondSonOfDavid

Jan 9, 2012 -- 9:21PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

G.flower,

I am not worried about it.

And I agree with you, a personal relationship with God, I think that is exactly what John 3:16 is all about. But, of course, that also requires I acknowledge God for who He is.

Reading too much legalism into John 3:16, then I would be just like the Pharisees Jesus addressed in Matthew 22.

Sherri

I just had this mental image of Jesus as a State Trooper.

"Sir, are you aware of the moral limit on this road?" 

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook