Switch to Forum Live View What do you like most about your church?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 11:57AM #1
Beautiful_Dreamer
What do you like most about your church? Is it the people, the cute kids, the coffee after the service?

As an Episcopalian, I enjoy the liturgical aspect of worship. Some people might think that liturgy is boring or repetitive, but to me it is very helpful. It is a way to remind me that God exists and cares for us, even if we can't 'feel' Him. I also enjoy the people and different kinds of ministires. I help with the healing intercessor ministry, as well as the children's chapel. I don't much care to sing, but that's just because I'm probably tone-deaf and don't want to subject anyone else to the sound of it!

What do you like most about your church? What keeps you coming back week after week?
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2011 - 1:22AM #2
truthseeker101

I initially was drawn to the church I attend now because of the music. I grew up in a Lutheran church and worship was always sooo boring. We were close to a college and the old fogeys there wouldn't even let me organize a dance to draw in some younger people. I was new in town and when my girlfriend at the time, now my wife, suggested we go to this nondenominational church for Easter service I was a little aprehensive. When they started to sing it was like a homecoming for me. They had drums, keyboard and a dude that could totally thrash on the electric guitar. Worship came alive for me. The music got me there and the people kept us there. They have a great childrens ministry. The Pastor is great and very down to earth. The church as a whole has a heart for the lost.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook