Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Apostle John's litmus test as to whom is "in the faith"
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 9:41PM #11
Estacia

Great posts Bob!

These I enjoyed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2012 - 10:26AM #12
Bob10

You reject all those who stray from Your statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8),
For their deceit is falsehood.   – Psalm 119:118, NKJV

You rebuke the proud—the cursed,
Who stray from Your commandments (1Cor. 7:19/ 1Jn 2:3-4).      - Psalm 119:21, NKJV

JESUS:  What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying?  If it turns out that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray.       – Matt 18:12-13, NASB

JESUS:  I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.      – Luke 15:7, NASB 

My people have become lost sheep;
 Their shepherds have led them astray (Acts 20:29-30).    - Jer. 50:6, NASB

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2012 - 2:36PM #13
Bob10

One may question if we are indeed the direct descendants of the “Lost Ten Tribes,” but there is little debate that we are spiritual Israel.

Biblical history gives us detailed accounts, confirmed many times by secular history, of Israel’s fate when the people disobeyed God.

God is predictable, he does not change; he is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8)   ---

www.borntowin.net/LearningCenter/Blog/ta...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2013 - 10:19AM #14
Bob10

… God is faithful. He won’t allow you to be tempted beyond your abilities …            - 1Cor. 10:13, Common English Bible (CEB)

But the Lord is faithful and will give you strength and protect you from the evil one.      – 2Thes. 3:3, CEB

Lord, the world is full of your faithful love!
    Teach me your statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8)!       - Psalm 119:64, CEB

PETER:  For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you.’                          - Acts 3:22, NKJV

God has raised up His Son Jesus and has sent Him to you first to give God’s favor to each of you who will turn away from his sinful ways.      – Acts 3:26, New Life Version (NLV)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2013 - 2:32PM #15
Bob10

You discard everyone who strays from your statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8) because they are dishonest and false.    - Psalm 119:118, Common English Bible (CEB)

… you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.      – Rev. 2:2, NIV

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed in its presence the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.       – Rev. 19:20, NRSV

DAVID:  Through your precepts I get understanding;
    therefore I hate every false way.     – Psalm 119:104, NRSV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2013 - 10:05AM #16
Bob10

PETER:  You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.   -

Acts 3:15

New International Version (NIV)

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 27, 2013 - 3:18PM #17
Bob10

PAUL:  After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring gifts for the poor of my nation and to offer sacrificesWhen they found me in the temple, I was ritually pure ...

Acts 24:17-18, Common English Bible (CEB)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook