Switch to Forum Live View Books on Celtic Christianity
3 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2011 - 1:59AM #1
Natashae
I am new to this forum, and very interested in learning about Celtic Christianity. If any of you have suggestions for books on Celtic Christianity, please leave the suggestions. I appreciate it very much!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2011 - 6:38AM #2
mfjfarrell

Dia anseo isteach!

God to all here!

Greetings and welcome Natashae,

There are SO many books out now about CC you can find them simply by searching for them in any book stores online.  However, I think everyone agrees that J. Philip Newell's 'Listening for the Heartbeat of God'.  That title was chosen because the Apostle John (who rested his head on Christ's chest) is a favorite in CC and because our outlook on life is more about the Journey of Discovering Christ in all things around us.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, this site has been a bit 'dead' lately and questions would be welcomed.  Thanks again for joining here...

Slan,

Marty

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2011 - 3:22PM #3
Natashae

Thank you so much for your suggestion , Marty! I appreciate it and will be ordering the book from Amazon this week . Probably while reading it I will have many questions and will be sure to post them here :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2011 - 3:49PM #4
mfjfarrell

Greetings again Natashae,

In addition to reading books (many) you can also check out many CC sites online beyond Beliefnet.  I saw in your profile that you are in the Boston area, I recall there being a church just outside that city but I've lost the link to it.  While the original CC church ended at the Council of Whitby in 664 A.D., there are several re-constructionist churches in the States that incorporate CC beliefs and practices into their communities.

The Celtic Way is not so much a matter of joining a church as it is about personal growth, in discovering God within and all around you.  Life then becomes a journey of self discovery and seeing all things have their Source in Christ.  May he bless you on your own journey...

Marty

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook