Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Know God and serve Him with a perfect heart
3 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2011 - 1:52PM #11
Bob10

"salvation through faith"

In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 
These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.  -- 1Peter 1:6-7, NIV

Therefore I love Your commandments
         More than gold, yes, than fine gold!  -- Psalms 119:127, NKJV

The law of Your mouth is better to me
         Than thousands of coins of gold and silver. -- Psalms 119:72, NKJV

....The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
  More to be desired are they than gold,
         Yea, than much fine gold; ....   -- Ps. 19: 9-10, NKJV

strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith.....to enter the kingdom of God,” (Mk. 12: 29-34)  they said.   --- Acts 14:22, NIV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 3:42PM #12
Rgurley4

Paul preached the necessity of GRACE through Spirit-led FAITH in the God-Man.

Acts 20....Paul's farewell message to The Church at Ephesus....
...solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks
of repentance toward God and FAITH in our Lord JESUS Christ....

Romans 3 (NASB)...Salvation / imputed Righteouness / Redemption / Justification / Propitiation:  By GRACE through Spirit-led FAITH in Jesus the Christ

Romans 5 (NASB)...RESULTS of Salvation / Justification= Reconciliation...Grace through Faith in Jesus.

Galatians 2...Paul confronts Peter...FAITH versus Works of the LAW
...so that we may be JUSTIFIED by FAITH in Christ
and NOT by the Works of the Law;...

Galatians 3...FAITH versus Works of the LAW
....Christ Redeemed us from the Curse of the Law,
having become a curse for us...
so that we (believers) would receive the PROMISE of the (God the Holy) Spirit through FAITH.(in Jesus)

Hebrews 12....Jesus: the Example, the Author and Perfecter of FAITH

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jan 18, 2013 - 10:43AM #13
Bob10

JESUS:  If you love me, you will keep my commandments.     – Jn.  14:15, Common English Bible (CEB)

I will rejoice in your commandments
    because I love them.
 I will lift up my hands to your commandments (1Cor. 7:19/ 1Jn 2:3-4)
    because I love them,
    and I will contemplate all your statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8).                         - Psalm 119:47-48, CEB

DAVID:  My comfort during my suffering is this:
    your word gives me new life.    – Psalm 119:50, CEB

PAUL:  …we too may live a new life.     – Romans 6:4, NIV

You were taught to start living a new life. It is created to be truly good and holy, just as God is.     – Ephesians 4:24, NIRV

You have started living a new life. It is being made new so that what you know has the Creator’s likeness.     – Colossians 3:10, NIRV

You used to be slaves of sin …     - Romans 6:17, NIRV

… Now we serve in the new way of the Holy Spirit …     - Romans 7:6, NIRV

Now we can do everything the law requires. Our sinful nature no longer controls the way we live. The Holy Spirit now controls the way we live.     – Romans 8:4, NIRV

I will always obey your law,
    for ever and ever.    – Psalm 119:44, NIRV

Don’t send me away from you.
    Don’t take your Holy Spirit away from me.     – Psalm 51:11, NIRV

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jan 18, 2013 - 7:04PM #14
Rgurley4

Man can do nothing of spiritual value in the eyes of TRI-UNE GOD unless he is first spiritually born again from above.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 10, 2013 - 10:59AM #15
Bob10

You rebuke the arrogant, accursed people
    who stray from your commandments (1Cor. 7:19/ 1Jn 2:3-4).    - Psalm 119:21, Common English Bible (CEB)

You discard everyone who strays from your statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8)
    because they are dishonest and false.     – Psalm 119:118, CEB

O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge—   by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith.

Grace be with you. Amen.     – 1Timothy 6:20-21, NKJV

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 10, 2013 - 6:03PM #16
Rgurley4

I was drawn to and saved by God the Holy Spirit. My spirit accepted the free gift of Grace through Spirit-Led FAITH / BELIEF. After salvation, Christ-followers are guided and comforted, they are led to maturity...trust, obey, walk in faith, follow, etc. And nothing can separate Jesus' sheep from their Shepherd, their Bread of Life, Light of the World, their " I AM ". NOT apostasy, falling away. growing cold. Believer's works are judged, but their spirits are saved from judgment into eternal life and spiritual security.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 11, 2013 - 4:28AM #17
Eagle-1

Nice  Thread, and a  belated  Happy  2013.  

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
13 months ago  ::  Apr 27, 2013 - 2:59PM #18
Bob10

PAUL:  So God does what he wants to do. He shows mercy to one person and makes another stubborn.    --

Romans 9:18,  New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

Don’t be stubborn. Don’t be as your people were. Obey the Lord. Come to the temple. He has set it apart to himself forever. Serve the Lord your God. Then he’ll turn his burning anger away from you ... He won’t turn away from you if you return to him (1Peter 2:25) ... But the people made fun of them. They laughed at them.  In spite of that, some men from Asher, Manasseh and Zebulun made themselves low in the Lord’s sight. They went to Jerusalem ... A very large crowd of people gathered together in Jerusalem. They went there to celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread (1Cor. 5:7-8) ...

2 Chronicles 30:8-13

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

Quick Reply
Cancel
11 months ago  ::  Jun 10, 2013 - 2:20PM #19
Bob10

... fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes (Acts 2:1/1Cor. 5:7-8) and His commandments (1Cor. 7:19/1Jn 2:3-4) ...     - Deut. 6:2, NKJV

To fear the Lord is to hate evil; ...     - Proverbs 8:13, NIV

PAUL:   ... Hate evil ...      - Romans 12:9, CEB

So we try to persuade people, since we know what it means to fear the Lord. …    - 2Cor. 5:11, Common English Bible (CEB)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook