Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What Preparations for TRIB Can We Make?
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 5:06PM #1
Eagle-1

4-3-2011

Increasing  Earthquakes  is  one of  the  major  signs,  and  prophecy  experts  are  now acknowledging  that  from the very  start  we're  all  guaranteed  some  persecution and tribulation  in the world.    Japan,  Haiti,  and  a  few  other  devastating  earthquakes  and  storms  are  pretty  recent,  one  of  them  even  involving a nuclear  plant,  which  we  have  about  100  of  in  America.   It could happen here?   We'd  probably  perish  from   partly  too  much  panic  and  shock,  if  we  don't  start thinking  about  it,  right?   Japan  has  asked for anyone in the world  with  knowledge about the nuclear  problem  to  help.   None  of  us  even  thought  "what if"  until  now.  

The  so-far  unidentified  "Mark of the Beast",  Rev. 14,  is  an  equal  or  maybe  greater threat?    (His  own  currency, ours  no  good?)   Radical muslims a Trojan Horse, beheading some for The Word? 

Our options, so-far, include praying for wisdom, James 1, for the nuclear scientists as well as ourselves,  and  continuing  to  ask for our Psalm 91  protections.   What else?   

Can  anyone  read the ancient original language, and could this threat  have some loopholes of some kind, that  translators  may  have  missed?  Besides  some  peoples'  Pre-Trib-Rapture  theory,  disputing  the Biblical  prediction we'll have Tribulation in the world and our loyalty  to Christ be tested by the Beast?      

What about bottled water?   It  usually has an expiration date, and even if we could get permits  for  subdivision back yard wells, we'd probably  have to worry about  someone contaminating them, or  rain  barrels  like they had in the 1930's?   Those filters for your kitchen sink don't remove all the flouride completely, I just read.  Anybody  who  likes to go camping  know  some  methods of water purification, if we could even find any? 

This is  Sunday,  and one of the TV preachers, I forget which one,  said  yes  there's  problems but  they  don't   last   forever, we're to tell ourselves.  (To God, they're only for a  short  time, but doesn't  He  expect us to  think about it and do whatever we can?) 

Editing a few minutes later to add that I just googled and you don't store apples and potatoes  close  to  each  other  in a fairly cool   root  cellar,  (would a detached garage be too cold? Or an old bomb shelter?)   but  in  separate  compartments,   and  you  open  out a newspaper and cut it into quarters  for each  layer  of  whatever  you're  storing.   I didn't take time to open any of the  search results, wanted to get back here before anyone reads this.   I  may  plant  an  apple  tree.  

My  own  question,  would it be possible  to make  batteries for  generators  that  could be charge for  more  than  three  years  just in case  that's  about how long  it'd  be after all?  Ours  runs  on  gasoline,  in our garage out back.  Any inventers  here,  if  battery ones don't already  exist, who'd  like  to  start  a  new  business?    

We'd  first  of  all   PRAY FOR WISDOM,  James 1,  right,   including  wisdom for the nuclear  scientists,  before  even trying to discuss solutions?   We do have that option and will Psalm 91  still  apply?    Opinions, please.    Have  at  it.        

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 9:35PM #2
voice-crying

Apr 3, 2011 -- 5:06PM, Eagle-1 wrote:

4-3-2011

Increasing  Earthquakes  is  one of  the  major  signs,  and  prophecy  experts  are  now acknowledging  that  from the very  start  we're  all  guaranteed  some  persecution and tribulation  in the world.    Japan,  Haiti,  and  a  few  other  devastating  earthquakes  and  storms  are  pretty  recent,  one  of  them  even  involving a nuclear  plant,  which  we  have  about  100  of  in  America.   It could happen here?   We'd  probably  perish  from   partly  too  much  panic  and  shock,  if  we  don't  start thinking  about  it,  right?   Japan  has  asked for anyone in the world  with  knowledge about the nuclear  problem  to  help.   None  of  us  even  thought  "what if"  until  now.  

The  so-far  unidentified  "Mark of the Beast",  Rev. 14,  is  an  equal  or  maybe  greater threat?    (His  own  currency, ours  no  good?)   Radical muslims a Trojan Horse, beheading some for The Word? 

Our options, so-far, include praying for wisdom, James 1, for the nuclear scientists as well as ourselves,  and  continuing  to  ask for our Psalm 91  protections.   What else?   

Can  anyone  read the ancient original language, and could this threat  have some loopholes of some kind, that  translators  may  have  missed?  Besides  some  peoples'  Pre-Trib-Rapture  theory,  disputing  the Biblical  prediction we'll have Tribulation in the world and our loyalty  to Christ be tested by the Beast?      

What about bottled water?   It  usually has an expiration date, and even if we could get permits  for  subdivision back yard wells, we'd probably  have to worry about  someone contaminating them, or  rain  barrels  like they had in the 1930's?   Those filters for your kitchen sink don't remove all the flouride completely, I just read.  Anybody  who  likes to go camping  know  some  methods of water purification, if we could even find any? 

This is  Sunday,  and one of the TV preachers, I forget which one,  said  yes  there's  problems but  they  don't   last   forever, we're to tell ourselves.  (To God, they're only for a  short  time, but doesn't  He  expect us to  think about it and do whatever we can?) 

Editing a few minutes later to add that I just googled and you don't store apples and potatoes  close  to  each  other  in a fairly cool   root  cellar,  (would a detached garage be too cold? Or an old bomb shelter?)   but  in  separate  compartments,   and  you  open  out a newspaper and cut it into quarters  for each  layer  of  whatever  you're  storing.   I didn't take time to open any of the  search results, wanted to get back here before anyone reads this.   I  may  plant  an  apple  tree.  

My  own  question,  would it be possible  to make  batteries for  generators  that  could be charge for  more  than  three  years  just in case  that's  about how long  it'd  be after all?  Ours  runs  on  gasoline,  in our garage out back.  Any inventers  here,  if  battery ones don't already  exist, who'd  like  to  start  a  new  business?    

We'd  first  of  all   PRAY FOR WISDOM,  James 1,  right,   including  wisdom for the nuclear  scientists,  before  even trying to discuss solutions?   We do have that option and will Psalm 91  still  apply?    Opinions, please.    Have  at  it.

What tribulation are you referring to?  The ones like: Japan, Libya, Hitler, the Crusaders, Extermists; or, are you talking about the "Great Tribulation" (seven years of testing and trials for the unsaved world entire)? 

Eagle-1 said:  Besides some  peoples'  Pre-Trib-Rapture  theory,  disputing  the Biblical  prediction we'll have Tribulation in the world and our loyalty  to Christ be tested by the Beast?"

Where in the Bible does it say that a true believer in Christ Jesus (a Christian) will go through the "Tribulation.?"  Could you name one verse!  

But, in response to your post in general; Psalm 91 is a good choice (you gave).  IMO, if there were to be a nuclear bomb, accident, meltdown ect...storing food will be a waste of time; due to contamination.  We [as] born again (born from above) Christians, are not fearful of anything that man can do.  We are ready at all times...'to live is Christ...to die is gain.'      

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 12:40AM #3
Theo

What preparations can we make for the tribulation?

Are you kidding?

Pray, get right with God, and stay set apart in your heart for God. Then it does not matter if you live or die, go through the tribulation or get "raptured." There is no other way to prepare for the great tribulation, as it is described as the hour of trial that is to come upon the whole world.

I do believe some will survive until the coming of the Lord, but I do not expect or desire to be in that number... besides, the dead in Christ get their resurrection bodies first - the living have to wait... LOL.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2011 - 12:10AM #4
Eagle-1

Theo,  I'm wondering why you wouldn't want to survive as long as possible, and I've always been under the impression  that  there's  not much time between the dead rising first and the rest of us rising, having been changed, "in the twinkling of an eye".  Guess I assumed the whole resurrection would be  "in the twinkling of an eye".  Which may or may not be true. I just hadn't thought about it much.   Not  that  we  actually need to  know that, but, 

Doesn't  Revelation 14 about  taking the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell in the market place  sound  like  we'll  still  be  here  then? 

There's  three  Rapture  theories,   Pre-Trib,  Mid-Trib,  and  Post-Trib.   

"What  if"  it's   Mid  or  Post-Trib?  Wouldn't  we  probably  then  be  glad  we  gave it some thought  beforehand?   The  one  verse  about  God  saving  us  from  the  Wrath  to  come is about  His  own  Wrath,  imo,  rather  than  Satan's.   Eternal.   And  the  TV experts are acknowledging  that  we'll  face some persecution.   It was predicted from the very first, "in the world you shall have  tribulation", "blessed are you when men persecute you and say all manner of evil against you",  etc.   The  beast  or  his  beastly  false  prophet  is  "the accuser of the brethren",  in  religion (heavenly) circles, behind the scenes, Revelation 12 first few verses,  "who opposes" , 2nd Thess. 2 

He  probably sabotages our business  and  gets  people  to  preach  that  achievement is  prideful.   Tho'  he's  "the little horn with the bragging mouth", and inhabited by Satan who thought he was so beautiful when  he was one of the angels  that  he could replace God.  We are  supposed to do  with all our might whatever God has programmed us to do.  But  we're   getting  a  bit  off-subject,  What could we do to prepare to survive?  Wouldn't co-op people,  who've sold their souls,  get  caught  supplying  us?  I  think  they're  showing  "Left Behind" this  Sunday (?) on one of the Christian TV channels. 

There  must be ways to survive, because, again,  Rev. 14 sounds very much  like we'll  still  be  here,  having  to make that choice.  

Sorry  I  didn't  get  back  here  immediately,  didn't  receive  any  notification.

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2011 - 12:31AM #5
Eagle-1

Voice Crying,  as  I've  already said a couple of times,  the  TV experts  are  acknowledging that we'll  go through  some  persecution/tribulation,  although  they're  not  sure  who's  right about  Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, or  Post-Trib Rapture,  no  certain  verse  telling  us  exactly when.  We know not the hour.  Only  God  knows,  remember Jesus Himself said!  

They usually call it a  7-yr  Trib,  but  probably, like the 70 weeks of Daniel which turned out to be  what,  more than 400  years(?)  it  may  not  be  a  literal  7 yrs.    Because  there's  all those  heads  of  state   fooled by  and  enabling  the  beast.   Who  may  or  may  not  be  American  presidents,  but  the  persecuted Christian woman  in  Revelation 12  in the time of  flying (so she's not Mary, or the whole church, or Israel, but an individual, like Flock Woman in Micah 4)  FLIES  to a new  location  on  two  wings  of  a  GREAT  eagle.  

One  TV  prophecy  guy  I believe said  ten  kings, instead of the 8 in  Rev. 13,  and  the late D. James Kennedy, Coral Ridge, Fla., Presbyterian, used  to  say  10 "overlords".  Maybe something to do with  New World Order, or  some  such  new  thing.  

Just  in  case  when  the  beast  is  revealed,  we  can  see  we're  going  to  have  to  survive and be tested for a while,   would  you  have  any  creative  ideas?   In  case  our money is  no  good  because  we  refuse  to  be  disloyal  to  God and Christ, refuse to take his  mark?   

I'm well  aware  that  many  have  been  preaching   Pre-Trib  Rapture as if  there's  no other possibility,  but  their "proof"  doesn't  really  prove it at all, imo, and "what if" they're dead wrong?  I'm frankly worried about  the people that believe them,  like the 10 virgins in the parable, who didn't prepare with some extra oil for their lamps!   We'll  eventually  leave all our possessions  behind,  so  the  preparations, if we can think of any, could be left too. 

Is  it  wise  to prematurely  latch  onto  any  of  the  three  timing  theories  when  we're  just  NOT  really  told?   Like I said to  Theo,  if  you  go  back  and  read  Rev. 14  again  about  that  mark,  it sounds  like we  will  be  here,  that  it's  our  loyalty-to-Christ test,  sort of our  "final exam".    JMHO.

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 5:11AM #6
Theo

Theo,  I'm wondering why you wouldn't want to survive as long as possible,

Because I am getting old and the idea of scrambling for my life is very distasteful to me, especially when I consider the hope of the resurrection. I see no virtue in trying to survive until the coming of the Lord, that is not matched by enduring to the end - as in not loving your life in the face of persecution and martyrdom.

However, the thing about all this end of the world stuff that I hope you consider is this... I am 54 years old, and people have been preaching about the last days and the coming of the Lord since long before I became a Christian in 1975. I spent the first 20+ years of my life as a Christian stressing out over Bible prophecy about the last days and the coming of the Lord - and for all my fretting - He has not come yet. And in the process of getting older, I have learned to accept that Christ will come in God's good time, and no man knows the day and hour. And therefore, there are plenty of other things in the Gospel that I consider to be far more important to spend one's time studying. Learning how to love God and our fellow man are right there at the top, but sadly too many Christians are focused upon prophecy instead of living for God.

I am pre-mill in my theology, and for most of my time as a Christian, I have been "Post Trib." But frankly, I don't care anymore. If He comes before the GT - good, I might live long enough to see Him with my mortal eyes. If He comes during the GT, good, I might get the opportunity to die for my Lord. And if He comes at the end of the GT, chances are good that I won't make it that long - but who cares, when we have the promise of eternal life and waking in His presence.

and I've always been under the impression  that  there's  not much time between the dead rising first and the rest of us rising, having been changed, "in the twinkling of an eye".  

Oh I can not say anything about how long a time there is between the resurrection of the dead and the translation of the living saints at the coming of Christ - except that St. Paul did say that the living will not precede the dead, and that God will bring with Him the dead in Christ, and they will be raised before those who are alive and remain are changed.

Guess I assumed the whole resurrection would be  "in the twinkling of an eye".  Which may or may not be true. I just hadn't thought about it much. 

Oh I believe we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye - I am just not so sure it will happen for everyone together all at once.

But personally - looking for the coming of Jesus and the signs of the times have shifted from my foremost concern to much further down on my list of important things. I am much more into the Gospel, than in imagining the Left Behind Series.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 10:49AM #7
Eagle-1

Good morning, Theo,  

I too have stopped worrying about it,  (I'm 75 and  lifelong Christian) but someone  had  asked several of us  in  an  older  thread  "What are you doing to prepare?"  

I do  need to rephrase the following  excerpt from my post.   Quote: 

Guess I assumed the whole resurrection would be  "in the twinkling of an eye".  Which may or may not be true. I just hadn't thought about it much. 

Oh I believe we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye - I am just not so sure it will happen for everyone together all at once.  

I have to agree,  not sure there will be any time interval  between the steps outlined, and we don't really need to know.    Have a good  day. 

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 12:16AM #8
birwin4

Apr 9, 2011 -- 12:10AM, Eagle-1 wrote:

Theo,  I'm wondering why you wouldn't want to survive as long as possible, and I've always been under the impression  that  there's  not much time between the dead rising first and the rest of us rising, having been changed, "in the twinkling of an eye".  Guess I assumed the whole resurrection would be  "in the twinkling of an eye".  Which may or may not be true. I just hadn't thought about it much.   Not  that  we  actually need to  know that, but, 

Doesn't  Revelation 14 about  taking the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell in the market place  sound  like  we'll  still  be  here  then? 

There's  three  Rapture  theories,   Pre-Trib,  Mid-Trib,  and  Post-Trib.   

"What  if"  it's   Mid  or  Post-Trib?  Wouldn't  we  probably  then  be  glad  we  gave it some thought  beforehand?   The  one  verse  about  God  saving  us  from  the  Wrath  to  come is about  His  own  Wrath,  imo,  rather  than  Satan's.   Eternal.   And  the  TV experts are acknowledging  that  we'll  face some persecution.   It was predicted from the very first, "in the world you shall have  tribulation", "blessed are you when men persecute you and say all manner of evil against you",  etc.   The  beast  or  his  beastly  false  prophet  is  "the accuser of the brethren",  in  religion (heavenly) circles, behind the scenes, Revelation 12 first few verses,  "who opposes" , 2nd Thess. 2 

He  probably sabotages our business  and  gets  people  to  preach  that  achievement is  prideful.   Tho'  he's  "the little horn with the bragging mouth", and inhabited by Satan who thought he was so beautiful when  he was one of the angels  that  he could replace God.  We are  supposed to do  with all our might whatever God has programmed us to do.  But  we're   getting  a  bit  off-subject,  What could we do to prepare to survive?  Wouldn't co-op people,  who've sold their souls,  get  caught  supplying  us?  I  think  they're  showing  "Left Behind" this  Sunday (?) on one of the Christian TV channels. 

There  must be ways to survive, because, again,  Rev. 14 sounds very much  like we'll  still  be  here,  having  to make that choice.  

Sorry  I  didn't  get  back  here  immediately,  didn't  receive  any  notification.

You mentioned 3 rapture theories, but did not mention no-rapture view as held by the majority of denomiations calling themselves Evangelical. I wonder why?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 5:16PM #9
Eagle-1

Birwin,  you  mean  because the actual word "rapture" isn't in the Bible, regarding when we're  caught up?   You  do believe we'll  be  caught up,  right?  So  do you have another word for it?  Sorry if we goofed.   

I  never  before  heard  that  most  evangelical denoms  don't  believe that we'll  be  caught up or raptured or whatever you want to call it.   Wanta  tell  us  what you  believe?  

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 11:49PM #10
birwin4

Apr 15, 2011 -- 5:16PM, Eagle-1 wrote:

Birwin,  you  mean  because the actual word "rapture" isn't in the Bible, regarding when we're  caught up?   You  do believe we'll  be  caught up,  right?  So  do you have another word for it?  Sorry if we goofed.   

I  never  before  heard  that  most  evangelical denoms  don't  believe that we'll  be  caught up or raptured or whatever you want to call it.   Wanta  tell  us  what you  believe?  

I believe that the word 'caught up' in the Thessalonian letter is just another word for the resurrection of all believers at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ when He will bring all things temporal to an end. "and time will be no more'. In other words at the end of this world as we know it, God will wind up the present material cosmos and usher in the Heavenly existence of the redeemed of the Lord. Jesus promised that He would 'go and prepare a place for us' because 'in His Father's dwelling there are many resting places,' This is in John 14. 'And so we will be forever with the Lord.'

The idea of a 'Secret Rapture' is a fairly recent notion in the 2000 year history of the Church. Having said that you have every right to believe in a 'rapture and a 7 year tribulation' if you wish but this is not the belief of most Evangelicals throughout the Church era.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook