Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View ...of Adam and Eve...
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 6:19PM #1
Leight

... God knowing that Adam would fall, willingly..... gave Adam, Eve so that there would be be a way to save mankind, through the Christ... born of Mary...

"It is not good for the man to be alone"....  meant more than Adam needed a wife...  Adam needed someone who God could rescue Adam through...   if there had been no Eve, then the Serpent would have eventually caused Adam to fall, to sin willingly, and man would have been lost to death..

God in His Allknowing ability, provided Eve, for restoration...   

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 10:30PM #2
Theo

And then Eve sinned, being decieved and was taken captive by the devil to do his will - then she gave some of the forbidden fruit to Adam, and he did eat.

Honestly - I don't believe that God made Eve for Adam so that he would have somebody to live in sin with, or so that someday Jesus would be born of Mary. The things that says about God is positively evil.

I believe God made Eve because that was always His design - He just made Adam first.

I do not believe the fall of mankind was predestined - rather it was allowed. I do not believe God intended for man to be taken captive by the devil - for that would implicate God Himself in the fall of mankind. And how do I get this? Because justice would demade that God excuse Himself from judging, because he would be culpable. And there were two trees in the Garden that were different from all the rest. There was the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and there was the tree of life. Both were fruit-brearing trees - and both were forbidden. The tree of knowledge was forbidden before they sinned, and the tree of life was forbidden after they sinned.

Obviously God allowed Adam and Eve a choice - but He did not predetermine their fall. Had they chosen to obey and had they resisted the temptations of the serpent - they would have been given to eat of the fruit of the tree of life - and live forever. Genesis does not say this, but the genral teachings of the NT make this interpretation of Genesis probable.It is always most important, when trying to glean spiritual understanding from the OT stories, to first consult the NT and get a solid grasp of how the New interprets the Old - do otherwise and you might end up as a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2011 - 11:06PM #3
Leight

...  remember God is all knowing...    and Jesus was the Lamb of God, slain from the foundation of the World..

... I don't think God wanted Adam to sin...  but He knew that somehow, Adam would.. as Adam did...  therefore the Salvation Plan was not made on the spot... but was already in place... 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2011 - 12:15AM #4
k-bearsmom

I agree Leight...

God is either SOVEREIGN or He's not!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2011 - 10:49AM #5
Anesis

I do not believe God intended for man to be taken captive by the devil -  for that would implicate God Himself in the fall of mankind.

I wonder if God recognized his own contribution to sin by creating us with free will - and that might be why God took it on himself to provide the way of salvation. I'm not saying it's God's fault that we sin...it obviously isn't, but it was not sin to create man with the free will to sin. God is a God of responsibility, and maybe he took ownership of his own creation by providing Jesus - and he needed Eve to do that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2011 - 8:20PM #6
Leight

... and too, perhaps thats why the parade of animals Adam named were in some sense unknowingly "useless" to him....  even as the blood of bulls and lambs would be to those who used their blood to "cover" our sins would be...  until the coming of Messiah, whose Blood cleanses the conscience and is the ultimate propitiation...

... can you imagine the tenderness and the hope with which Eve gave Adam the forbidden fruit? In order that she might fulfull her calling to "help" him to be all that he could be?  Even as Mary blessed the world?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 11:48AM #7
No_Chance_Without_Jesus

Mar 4, 2011 -- 6:19PM, Leight wrote:

... God knowing that Adam would fall, willingly..... gave Adam, Eve so that there would be be a way to save mankind, through the Christ... born of Mary...

"It is not good for the man to be alone"....  meant more than Adam needed a wife...  Adam needed someone who God could rescue Adam through...   if there had been no Eve, then the Serpent would have eventually caused Adam to fall, to sin willingly, and man would have been lost to death..

God in His Allknowing ability, provided Eve, for restoration...   

Since Eve in this scenario was both the cause of the fall of man (that being she was the conduit satan used ) and the cause of the salvation of man, I think there has to be something more.

And something that reveals abit of why God did this.

God created man in his image, and saw that He was alone and desirous of fellowship, so he created Eve.

In the same tone I think God was desirious of fellowship (since we are image same) and He created man knowing that one would fall to sin, but that billions would rise in salvation.

God knows not everyone will accept Him....the parable of the sower and the seed talks of the wayside, the stoney ground and the weed choked ground.....but what is gold for God, is that good ground.

I don't know why some would reject God.....it is beyond me, but they shall have what they desire, eternity without God

But we and God (image same) will have what we desire....fellowship.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 9:24PM #8
Eliascomes

God already knows what going to happen before he created the foundation of the earth. We are a free-will beings and He build these senario to see if we learned from them. The ones that matures can live with Him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 11:06PM #9
Leight

...this might seem off the cuff...  but we really can't be free will creatures....  we must always say, "not my will, but Thy will be done..."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2011 - 12:03AM #10
Eliascomes

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink it. To do someone Will it must come from the heart. If it doesn't come from the heart, the person will rebel and do their will. To do God's will it must come from your heart. or if not, you be consider a liar.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook