Post Reply
Page 24 of 58  •  Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 58 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Your Own Opinion Is Worthless
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 4:07PM #231
Squeakybro
Posts: 302
[/quote]


I said


 Are you asking about this? I apologize. The "and" is really an "are".


 Those who worship in the flesh and those in the milk understanding.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 8:41PM #232
Beautiful_Dreamer
Posts: 5,156

Jan 13, 2011 -- 10:52PM, Ironhold wrote:


Jan 13, 2011 -- 10:06PM, Squeakybro wrote:


I said


 If you knew the Holy Spirit you would see that the wall of text proves all my claims. And I have never said you dont know what your talking about. That is a gross exaggeration.




Word of advice -


Text walls are considered very poor form.




...not to mention ROC violations if they're nothing more than cut-and-paste or one-sided 'sermons'...


Board Guidelines thread, posts 2 and 4 especially


 

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 9:41PM #233
Beautiful_Dreamer
Posts: 5,156

Jan 14, 2011 -- 7:43AM, Squeakybro wrote:


Jan 13, 2011 -- 10:52PM, Ironhold wrote:


Jan 13, 2011 -- 10:06PM, Squeakybro wrote:


I said


 


 If you knew the Holy Spirit you would see that the wall of text proves all my claims. And I have never said you dont know what your talking about. That is a gross exaggeration.




Word of advice -


Text walls are considered very poor form.


Past a certain point, most humans simply lose the ability to focus on what's been written, especially if they've already spent a large amount of time in front of a computer screen at that point in time.





I said


 I know that. It is evidence that they have fallen short of their salvation. Been disqualified. Fallen from grace. Only those who hunger and thirst will move on.


There are so many ways that one can be disqualified, and disciples dont know it. A disciple is a student or beginner in Christianity. Now because someone who has fallen from grace or fallen short or been disqualifed doesnt know it them selves. It is easy for them to lead a disciple down the wrong path. When God has turned a person over to a reprobate mind, the person doesnt have the spiritual knowledge to discern it, and they become the blind leading the blind. Also a hypocrite doesnt know he is a hypocrite. The only evidence of any of this is having less verses now than you had a year ago. Because a christians growth, is in their growing in the Spirit, or in the idea that their still teaching the same thing today that they taught a year ago, if their on the same message. Where is their growth? This is the way to check yourself.



Oh, so people who have ADHD or something else are automatically 'disqualified' because we can't sit there and stare at endless streams of Scripture because our attention spans are faulty or shorter? That's rich. People can't always help their attention spans, even if there is no disorder. I hope, for their sake, that nothing at all is wrong with any of your children because I'd hate to have someone be made to feel like they've 'missed their salvation' and are hellbound just because of the way they were born. Been there, done that. And I know you're going to make some backhanded comment about how 'this says something about me'...maybe it does. Maybe it says something about all of us. At least Hatman, Ironhold and smc are willing to carry on an actual conversation.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 10:02PM #234
Squeakybro
Posts: 302
I am still looking for a conversation. What I keep getting is a bunch of critics.
Moderated by Merope on Jan 15, 2011 - 01:22PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 10:52PM #235
Hatman
Posts: 9,634
Squeakybro-
What you're experiencing is a direct result of your pretense to superiority and our implied inferiority, the "meat"(carnal) understanding vs. the "milk" understanding, a subtle trick of Paul, for "divide and conquer" has always been an effective tactic.

No matter how much you may wish it, there's no one i know of who's going to kneel before you on your throne and acknowledge you as a superior.  Ever.

This is yet another of the myriad of reasons why Christ taught His disciples that we are ALL BRETHREN---NONE greater, NONE lesser, ALL of whom have ONE master, ONE Father, One teacher---in HEAVEN.  Not to mention that we are to exercise NEITHER authority NOR dominion over one another.  Ever. 

So when i see someone who claims Christ trying to do this, i know he's either ignorant of Christ's Last Supper instructions, doesn't understand them---or wishes to be in a position of power-over-others, and therefore is to be distrusted to the max.

There is no hierarchy in heaven; there is Our Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost, and the rest of us---all of whom not ONLY have been invited to Oneness with them, but a devout and sincere prayer by the Son invites us to that banquet of Oneness, too!  (see John 14:12, 17:11, and especially 17:21-24 for a clue.)

Yet more reason to carefully sift Paul's words, comparing and contrasting them with those of Christ, and REJECTING all that do not CONFORM themselves to the Cornerstone and His Spirit of Brotherhood + Unity that He taught, lived, and prayed for.

ETA: and one more thing; you should be grateful that we bother to dispute you.  When you SHOULD worry is when you're left alone, for this will mean that the Spirit has ceased to strive with you, and your conscience has been seared beyond repair.

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 11:47PM #236
koala972
Posts: 865

Jan 14, 2011 -- 1:24PM, smcisaac wrote:


Although Jesus implied that we possess the power to open our own ears when he said, "If you have ears to hear, let them hear."  I think, if you truly could hear the Holy Spirit as well as you claim, you would have the straightforward words to answer straightforward questions.


God must have opened my eyes, because I'm rolling them. 


 





well it is written that god's wisdom would look foolish to the wise, the same way the wisdom of men looks foolish to god.  One could use that in an argument that if you are looking for 'straightforward answers' from 'people in the know' you are meandering in terrain that has nothing to do with the ways of God.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 6:48AM #237
smcisaac
Posts: 7,942

Jan 14, 2011 -- 10:02PM, Squeakybro wrote:




I am still looking for a conversation. What I keep getting is a bunch of critics.




I think a number of us here would be eager to have a conversation with you, or else we wouldn't still be here responding to you.  But when we ask you to speak in your own words rather than slinging around long strings of cobbled-together verses, you resist. 


Citing verses without commentary isn't the same as conversing.  In a conversation, you listen to what the other person says, and then respond in your own words.  Citing isn't even the same as prooftexting.  In prooftexting, at least  you use the citation as authority for a premise that you have  first expressed in your own words.  (But even prooftexting is unreliable,  because it takes verses out of context and therefore frequently  misinterprets and misapplies them.)


The problem with your long lists of verses, many of which are completely unrelated to one another except for the coincidence that you have listed them together in one place, is that they mean  nothing without applying them to a situation at hand.  That is the  essence of interpretation -- trying to understand what the ancient text  meant in its original context, and then applying that meaning to our own present  context with validity and integrity. But your lists of verses lack any discussion of context or  application whatsoever. Whatever the common thread is that you think binds them together remains unidentified.  Whatever the special meaning is that you find in them remains hidden from us -- not because the Holy Spirit is silent but because you are, not because we are unwilling to hear but because you are unwilling to speak.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 15, 2011 - 01:20PM
"Truth did not come into the world naked, but it came in types and images. The world will not receive truth in any other way."  Gospel of Philip, Logion 72

"Christ will regenerate all things; through Him all things will be purged, and return into eternal life. And when the Son shall deliver up the kingdom to the Father, all things will be God; that is, all things will still exist, but God will exist in them, and they will be full of Him." Fabius Manus Victorinus, c. 350 AD
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 7:11AM #238
Squeakybro
Posts: 302

Jan 14, 2011 -- 10:52PM, Hatman wrote:

Squeakybro- What you're experiencing is a direct result of your pretense to superiority and our implied inferiority, the "meat"(carnal) understanding vs. the "milk" understanding, a subtle trick of Paul, for "divide and conquer" has always been an effective tactic. No matter how much you may wish it, there's no one i know of who's going to kneel before you on your throne and acknowledge you as a superior. Ever. This is yet another of the myriad of reasons why Christ taught His disciples that we are ALL BRETHREN---NONE greater, NONE lesser, ALL of whom have ONE master, ONE Father, One teacher---in HEAVEN. Not to mention that we are to exercise NEITHER authority NOR dominion over one another.


I said


 What I am experianceing is total deception. I'm sorry you havent learned about the difference between the milk understanding and the meat understanding yet. When you do it will be a great revelation to you. But to eliminate the verses from these conversations is to eliminate the Holy Spirit's input. And that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I'm not the one who is exercizing authority here. I'm not the one who is putting anyone down. I'm just obeying the Holy Spirit. If we are all brethren why all the negative response from you and the other carnal believers???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 7:17AM #239
Squeakybro
Posts: 302

Jan 15, 2011 -- 6:48AM, smcisaac wrote:


Jan 14, 2011 -- 10:02PM, Squeakybro wrote:




I am still looking for a conversation. What I keep getting is a bunch of critics.




I think a number of us here would be eager to have a conversation with you, or else we wouldn't still be here responding to you.  But when we ask you to speak in your own words rather than slinging around long strings of cobbled-together verses, you resist. 


Citing verses without commentary isn't the same as conversing.  In a conversation, you listen to what the other person says, and then respond in your own words.  Citing isn't even the same as prooftexting.  In prooftexting, at least you use the citation as authority for a premise that you have first expressed in your own words.  (But even prooftexting is unreliable, because it takes verses out of context and therefore frequently misinterprets and misapplies them.)


The problem with your long lists of verses, many of which are completely unrelated to one another except for the coincidence that you have listed them together in one place, is that they mean nothing without applying them to a situation at hand.  That is the essence of interpretation -- trying to understand what the ancient text meant in its original context, and then applying that meaning to our own present  context with validity and integrity. But your lists of verses lack any discussion of context or application whatsoever. Whatever the common thread is that you think binds them together remains unidentified.  Whatever the special meaning is that you find in them remains hidden from us -- not because the Holy Spirit is silent but because you are, not because we are unwilling to hear but because you are unwilling to speak.





What is rediculous is the idea that some of you want to argue the Word of God without the Word of God. Its alot easier to dispute the Word if you dont have to use the Word to do it. I feel sorry for all of you. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a sin.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 15, 2011 - 01:19PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 9:50AM #240
Squeakybro
Posts: 302

You people are trying to create a God from your emotions and feelings. And the only god there is in your emotions and feelings is the devil.  You actually blaspheme the Holy Spirit by eliminating Him from your evidence of God. I've seen it to many times.I really do feel sorry for you. You cant belong to Christ until you have crucified your flesh with its emotions and feelings.


You cant even get in the Spirit until you have done this.



Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 24 of 58  •  Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 58 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook