Page 1 of 58  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Your Own Opinion Is Worthless
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 12:13PM #1
Squeakybro

MANS WISDOM?YOUR OWN OPINION OR SPIRIT WISDOM

The problem with human wisdom and language, is that it is so easy to pervert it. What I mean is we know that our guardian angels uses human wisdom to guide us. And we also know that the devil uses human wisdom to guide us. That is why we need the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses, to reveal who is who.

Christianity is not about whether or not one has an opinion. It is about whether one should share that opinion. We know that our guardian angel gives us opinions, and we know that the devil always give us the oposite opinion from our guardian angel. And we know that we havent sinned until we give into the wrong opinion. Any time we say anything we are sharing the opinion that we have submitted to whether it be to our guardian angel or the devil. And anything spoken carnally has only a 50% chance of being right. That is why we need the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses. He is 100% right, He is our guarantee from God. The verse we get will tell us who is behind every thought in our minds.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 04, 2011 - 01:59AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 3:07PM #2
sincerly

Jan 3, 2011 -- 12:13PM, Squeakybro wrote:

MANS WISDOM/YOUR OWN OPINION is worthless"

Hi, Squeaky, Yes, God put it this way. Isa.8:20, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them."

What is difficult to understand is we humans are still making the same mistake which Cain made----believing one can worship GOD according to our "opinions/own fallacious understandings".     One is to "walk in the way HE ordained." Eph.2:10

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 5:55PM #3
dblad

The problem with human wisdom and language, is that it is so easy to pervert it. What I mean is we know that our guardian angels uses human wisdom to guide us. And we also know that the devil uses human wisdom to guide us. That is why we need the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses, to reveal who is who.

Christianity is not about whether or not one has an opinion. It is about whether one should share that opinion. We know that our guardian angel gives us opinions, and we know that the devil always give us the oposite opinion from our guardian angel. And we know that we havent sinned until we give into the wrong opinion. Any time we say anything we are sharing the opinion that we have submitted to whether it be to our guardian angel or the devil. And anything spoken carnally has only a 50% chance of being right. That is why we need the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses. He is 100% right, He is our guarantee from God. The verse we get will tell us who is behind every thought in our minds.

That's your opinion!

Moderated by Merope on Jan 04, 2011 - 02:03AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 6:11PM #4
Aussiesoul

Lets remember. sqeaky that men wrote the bible not God and men decided in the council of Nicea in the 4th century what would be included in the bible. God reveals himself in many ways the Bible being only one of them. People interpret the Bible in different ways and see different things in particular verses. That doesn't make them wrong and you right they just see things differently to you. If you open your mind a little you might learn from the insights of others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 6:23PM #5
Theo

Ignorant opinions are worthless. Informed opinions are of value. God's opinions are not opinions, they are the truth.

Two questions: 1) I thought Gardian angels look out for us, not give us opinions. Where do you get that if all you believe is Scripture?

2) Where do you get the idea that the Holy Spirit only quotes "Scripture?" In Acts the Holy Spirit agreed with James and the Apostles regarding the Gentiles who believed in Jesus... He did not quote Scriptures to them. This is not to say that the Holy Spirit will not quote scripture to us, just that as a Person of God, He is no more limited to quoting Scripture than Jesus was - or the apostles. St. Paul quoted Greek philosphers and even agreed with them, in the inspired Scripture... go figure.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 7:37PM #6
Squeakybro

Jan 3, 2011 -- 3:07PM, sincerly wrote:

MANS WISDOM/YOUR OWN OPINION is worthless"

Hi, Squeaky, Yes, God put it this way. Isa.8:20, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them."

What is difficult to understand is we humans are still making the same mistake which Cain made----believing one can worship GOD according to our "opinions/own fallacious understandings".     One is to "walk in the way HE ordained." Eph.2:10

Hello brother.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 04, 2011 - 02:06AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 7:40PM #7
Squeakybro

Jan 3, 2011 -- 6:11PM, Aussiesoul wrote:

Lets remember. sqeaky that men wrote the bible not God and men decided in the council of Nicea in the 4th century what would be included in the bible. God reveals himself in many ways the Bible being only one of them. People interpret the Bible in different ways and see different things in particular verses. That doesn't make them wrong and you right they just see things differently to you. If you open your mind a little you might learn from the insights of others.

Only men who were inspired by God were allowed to write the bible. There are alot of idiots out there that would be glad to put their opinions in the bible but God doesnt allow it.

Do you think God is so weak He cant control His own bible???????

Moderated by Merope on Jan 04, 2011 - 02:04AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 7:42PM #8
Squeakybro

Jan 3, 2011 -- 6:23PM, Theo wrote:

Ignorant opinions are worthless. Informed opinions are of value. God's opinions are not opinions, they are the truth.

Two questions: 1) I thought Gardian angels look out for us, not give us opinions. Where do you get that if all you believe is Scripture?

2) Where do you get the idea that the Holy Spirit only quotes "Scripture?" In Acts the Holy Spirit agreed with James and the Apostles regarding the Gentiles who believed in Jesus... He did not quote Scriptures to them. This is not to say that the Holy Spirit will not quote scripture to us, just that as a Person of God, He is no more limited to quoting Scripture than Jesus was - or the apostles. St. Paul quoted Greek philosphers and even agreed with them, in the inspired Scripture... go figure.

~ Theophilus

There are many languages in the world. Doctors have one, lawyers have one, intellectuals have one, common people have one. Seeing that the only guaranteed message in the bible comes from the Holy Spirit. So to guard that guarantee He even uses a special language. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, He explains verses with other verses. There are spirits in us trying to deceive us and they all speak the same language carnal. So we can discern the Holy Spirit He quotes verses. Now this is the meat understanding of the Word. The milk understanding is done with the carnal language, the meat understanding is done with only verses.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 04, 2011 - 02:07AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 8:18PM #9
Theo

translation - don't ask me any questions I can't answer. Okay - I got it.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 9:29PM #10
Squeakybro

2) Where do you get the idea that the Holy Spirit only quotes "Scripture?"

Jan 3, 2011 -- 8:18PM, Theo wrote:

translation - don't ask me any questions I can't answer. Okay - I got it.

~ Theophilus

You ask me where I got the idea that the Holy Spirit only quotes scripture. I got it from the Holy Spirit when He gave me this revelation. I get all my ideas from the Holy Spirit and the revelations He gives me.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 04, 2011 - 02:08AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 58  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook