4 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2010 - 7:43AM #1
nnn123

Charlotte Church - O Holy Night

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqycwRFWuc&feat...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2010 - 4:44PM #2
Adelphe

Oct 27, 2010 -- 7:43AM, nnn123 wrote:

Charlotte Church - O Holy Night

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqycwRFWuc&feat...

Gorgeous..................

My ALL TIME FAVORITE Christmas Carol, btw...

You've given me an idea...  Wink

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 2:23PM #3
Adelphe

"In Desiring the Kingdom, James Smith gives an exegesis of the suburban shopping mall, suggesting that it  ‘is actually a religious space because it is suffused with practices that constitute a kind of worship (p. 93). He argues from an Augustinian anthropology, where we are creatures shaped by our desires, that malls are temples, with their own ritual practices that are designed to shape us and to evoke a certain set of loves.

With this in mind, this short video is at once beautiful and deeply subversive. For five minutes, Christ’s transforming rule is proclaimed in the midst of one of postmodernity’s temples of desire. More than that, the transformation is a kind of glorification, as the muzak of the mall is replaced by music of transcendent beauty. Both during and after the performance, Macy’s had become a different kind of space to inhabit. The passing desires and rituals of the mall had been transcended by the beauty of the endless rule of Christ. Evoking surprise, bewilderment, and delight among the assembled shoppers, the veil was momentarily parted, and reality shone through."  (Macy's Redeemed)

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 7:00PM #4
Xapisma

I saw this today on Facebook. Random acts of Culture. Sacred space indeed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2010 - 9:26AM #5
Sisterintruth

to me Chrisitan music isa those sacred hymnals we sing. old time favorites like Amazing Grace,  how great thou Art...  Glory to the lamb... etc..

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2010 - 2:47PM #6
Xapisma

Absolutely, along with those old favorites: Adeste Fidelis, Vom Himmel Hoch, Phos Hilaron (one of my favorites!), and W Zlobie Lezy.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook