Switch to Forum Live View ... A Biblical Riddle...
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 7:17PM #1
Leight

....  why under the old dispensation was it not a good idea to ask a Jew to your home?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2010 - 8:06AM #2
miami-ted

Hey Leight,

Well, I've thought about it for a while and looked up a few bible verses regarding the home and the co-mingling with Gentiles, but I'm stumped.

God bless you.

IN Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2010 - 4:11PM #3
Leight

....  because everywhere they put their feet, they owned the ground, so you might as well greet them within with the  deed to lyour house !!!      if fact when Jesus puts His feet on the dust of our hearts,  that we are, He owns us.....   maybe thats why God had Moses remove his sandels...  God wanted Moses to "own" a bit of heavenly soil, ....  and too feet shod with the preperation of the Gospel...  Covenant ownership for the bearing of Mouths that proclaim Salvation ....  Gospel Feet are so important  ,     "how beautiful on the mountains are the feet of them who bring good news"....  Jesus too washed their feet, so that they could stand on holy ground and hear and accept the Word of the New Covenant....    naked, washed feet, aquiring ownership even as the soil of this world is left behind.... ...   thats my riddle!!!       

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2010 - 5:31PM #4
miami-ted

Hey Leight,

Got it!!  I'm calling all my jewish friends right now to tell them that they can't come over anymore.  LOL!!!

God bless you.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2010 - 7:50PM #5
Leight

...why was it ok to eat meat after the flood (riddle)

... how much does all the light in the Cosmos weigh? (riddle)

...oh and this is no riddle... but what is the Christan perspective on Capital Punishment?... I pointed out to my Sunday School class that Strongs word for Justice is #5880 which says that Jugement is " the spring of Justice"... water maybe? and that since we know that Gods Law is perfect, His statutes are also and the fact that His judgements are "fair"....   so ( belive me, I'm no raving fan of Capitol Punishment ...  its just from the study of Gods word)...  so, according to my understanding thus far, Capital Punishment is "fair" to vitim, perpetuator, and society...

... other Christians have since pointed me to Jesus intercession of the woman about to be stoned, and the great fact that this is a age of grace, and a watershed of forgiveness...  but what say ye?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook