Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Will God forgive me for hating him?
4 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2011 - 11:27AM #11
belleo

So my question is... Will god forgive me for hating him right now? I cry everyday wanting to know why, what next, what can I do? I hear nothing but silence. And I scream again.

God understands you . God's love is always wit you

It is all that is good that comes down from your Father in heaven . God is love . He is not a monster . You do remind me of me when I lived in pain and it seemed a dead end . Then I started to pray and my life changed .

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2011 - 7:19PM #12
Iwantamotto

Jan 25, 2011 -- 11:27AM, belleo wrote:

So my question is... Will god forgive me for hating him right now? I cry everyday wanting to know why, what next, what can I do? I hear nothing but silence. And I scream again.

God understands you . God's love is always wit you

It is all that is good that comes down from your Father in heaven . God is love . He is not a monster . You do remind me of me when I lived in pain and it seemed a dead end . Then I started to pray and my life changed .

I don't think God is putting His fingers in His ears and going "lalalalala -- I can't hear you".  I think He's calmly letting you get your feelings off your chest.  I believe God understands the whole "human emotion" thing.  Even after Cain's murder, God was like, "Dude, really?"  He didn't vaporize the kid with anger management issues.  You're upset.  You need to vent.  God is letting you.  My God isn't cruel, even in the face of criticism.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2011 - 3:30PM #13
Beautiful_Dreamer

God's a big boy. :) I've been there too...seriously, would you want to worship a God who doesn't understand that people are going to get emotional and angry sometimes? That they're going to doubt and need reassurance of His love? Because God isn't like that. I know sometimes it might not feel this way, I think of God like a parent...my father and I didn't always get along very well and sometimes I thought I hated him, but the family relationship was still there and always will be. God will always love you too, that doesn't change. I like to say that God's presence and love for us is not contingent on our ability to feel it.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2011 - 7:02AM #14
belleo
Good for you , you got it right about feelings . Trust is what we need . As I remember how things where for me I lost it along the way . I don't blame it on my parents anymore . Not praying brought real hell in my life and than it was easy to blame God

Having said that I think if we are fortunate enough to live in harmony with family , parents I think it is easier to see God as Loving . Just my two cents
Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2011 - 9:58AM #15
Pastorsrus
Sure, He will and already has forgiven you.  Life is not always easy, and, while we hope God will make things easier, sometimes He doesn't and lets things be hard for a long time.  That's when it's easy to be mad at God.  Or perhaps you lost a treasured relationship through death or divorce or break up.  Those of us who are His rely on Him for every aspect of our lives, and when there's pain, we hurt and get angry.  The thing is, God is okay with that.  When Jesus came to live among us, He came to experience what it's like to be us.  His was a hard life, and He was mocked, scorned and ostracized because He was thought to be illegitimate.  So, God really does know what you experience and what that kind of hurt feels like because Jesus is God. 

So, just because you have been angry, it doesn't mean you have to stay that way.  That's where your forgiving God for allowing things to be so difficult can free you from your bad feelings so you can move on to be and do whatever it is He has for you to be and do.   Oh, yes, and please forgive yourself for your very human reaction of being angry with God.  That's part of loving yourself the way God wants you to.

Sorry about the length of this post.  There is so much more to share.  Bottom line:  God loves you and forgives you when you make mistakes.  We pray this brings you some peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 3:16PM #16
Cjbanning

Sep 4, 2010 -- 2:37AM, birwin4 wrote:

I agree with BD.

If you read the book of Job in the OT, you will find that this man Job really got stuck into God.

He blamed him for the way he was treated (he lost all his children and all his belongings). He called God a madman and said he sympathised with Him because only madmen make it. He called him a hunter who loved to stalk his prey until he exhausted them and then killed them. He had a number of other things to say about God which in any one's book were anything but complementary.

The interesting thing is that at the end of the book God says that Job did not sin even with his mouth. My take on this is that God prefers honest feelings rather than trying to have God on by hiding your feelings.

Tell God how you feel and ask him to help you see the bigger picture.

I think the Hebrew Scriptures are really brimming with examples of godly men and women who were really, really authentic and honest about bringing the fullness of their emotions, both positive and negative, before the LORD: Cain, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, the psalmists, Job, Ecclesiastes, and many, many others. (And really, Jesus in Gethsemane and on the Cross falls into this mode, too: eli, eli, lema sabachthani.) And God really does seem to encourage this. "Come, let us argue it out," God says.

http://cjbanning.dreamwidth.org

"This is my prayer: that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you to determine what is best." -- "St. Paul's" [deutero-Pauline] Epistle to the Philippians 1:9-10

"Come now, let us argue it out, says the LORD." -- First Isaiah 1:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 5:07PM #17
Rgurley4

Just in case you have not taken steps to becoming a BELIEVER, and have not experienced a spiritual awakening......

The "ABC"'s of Becoming a Christ-Follower ??

A = ADMIT that there is a Tri-Une God, and that you are not in a good relationship with Him.
You fall short in pleasing Him, and you need some spiritual help...( a Sinner in need of a Savior)

B = BELIEVE that God the Father unconditionally loved you so much that He lowered himself to
become God the Man, Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, who became a substitute for and savior from
YOUR shortcomings. You may have tried to be perfect. You could not. Jesus was. You may have blamed God.
But Jesus paid the price. He and you were placed next to God the Father who was satisfied. Your spirit was awakened.
You were indwelt by God the Holy Spirit. You were forgiven. You were "saved". Jesus saves.

C = CHANGE spiritually by being allowed to be a believing Christ-Follower / Disciple. Read a good STUDY
Bible. Seek out and fellowsip in a Bible teaching church. Grow in your faith and practice under the guidance of a pastor,
and the indwelling Holy Spirit (given at the time of your "salvation"),  and fellow believers.

A = ADMIT:...Read the Good News in John's Gospel, and take a walk with Paul...Read Romans...the road
B= BELIEVE...allow God the Holy Spirit to draw your spirit to a spiritual and saving FAITH,
       and accept God's Grace (unmerited Love and favor),
       based on your BELIEF in Jesus the Christ as your personal savior from eternal separation.
C = CHANGE ...as a spiritually alive "born again" BELIEVER, progressively you will have:
        Spiritual guidance, forgiveness, fruits, growth, understanding, etc...etc

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook