Switch to Forum Live View Entering a Carthusian Monastery
5 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2010 - 3:35AM #1
mattchapter25

People might be interested in this article in the Guardian newspaper about someone pursuing a contemplative vocation to the max-

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/...

If "by their fruits you shall know them" is a test by which we can determine the authenticity of a Christian vocation, then what does contemplative monasticism produce exactly? This question has become an acute one for me as I prepare to exchange the frenetically busy atmosphere of an acute medical ward where I work as a staff nurse for the solitude and silence of a Carthusian Charterhouse.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 7:21PM #2
soma77

I am impressed with your dedication, inner spirituality and sincerity. I feel a monastery is a power house. It is not so much about peace, which you will find, but about the inner relationship with Our Lord. You not longer will be evolving spiritually, because you will be moving much faster and evolving faster spiritually. Thank you for making a commitment to raise your consciousness and in the process raise the consciousness of the world. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2010 - 1:09PM #3
Weepingangelofthetrees

Fascinating. I certainly would never condemn someone who's spirit feels drawn to such a vocation as that of Monk.

I am ever intrigued by the human condition and how a planet populated by nearly 7 billion individuals see their world. I've often said this life is all about me. Because from my personal understanding or subjective identification of all things within it, I then pursue my living in it. As a living temple created by the most high I (we), can do nothing under the sun that our creator is unaware of. Nothing is capable of surprising Omniscience. Therefore I believe everything in this life serves me. So that I may learn more of who I am as a divine child of power and thus serve my mortal purpose for a time.

I do not think the source from whence all things sprang requires we mere mortals to hold faith it is truly source. I think rather source is manifest so as to believe in us. And as I have a reflection I know it does so. Therefore, a contemplative life wherein one finds more of who they are serves the greater good. As this world unfolds within the Omnipresent awareness of it's maker at all times.

I wish they find peace on their journey,

A.

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook