Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View knowledge of the Lord
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2010 - 3:14PM #1
Bob10

the children of Israel that were present at Jerusalem kept the feast of unleavened bread seven days with great gladness: and the Levites and the priests praised the LORD.....Hezekiah spake comfortably unto all the Levites that taught the good knowledge of the LORD - 2 Chronicles 30:21-22 

The earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord - Isaiah 11:9

For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:  8Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. - 1Cor. 5:7-8.

if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. - 2 Peter 2:20.

...ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ - 2Peter 1:8

grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. - 1 Cor. 15:34.

Paul and Peter don't sound any different than the patriarchs.

It was also still Paul's custom to keep the Sabbath day (Acts 17:2), just like his Savior (Luke 4:16); "Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ" (1 Cor. 11:1, NASB).

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2010 - 2:41AM #2
kurnell

Bob,

As the name suggests, this board is for Traditional Christians.As your posts plainly reveal, you are not a "Traditional Christian". As such, you should not be posting here, unless you have questions re: Traditional Christianity.

Pax

Jeffrey

Treasure your experience of God,however it comes to you.Remember that Christianity is not a notion but a way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2010 - 4:30PM #3
Campbellite

You know, Bob, I quite frankly do not give two hoots when you decide to worship. After all, we are instructed to "pray without ceasing" so whenever you want to worship, go right ahead. Knock yourself out.

In like manner, it is really no skin off your nose when Traditional Christians worship. I can't speak of everyone, of course, but when I have worshiped in the Lord's House on the Lord's Day (Sunday) I have always found Him to be home.

If you don't like that, it is not our problem, but yours.

So I will say this as nicely as I can. If you are only here to "bring us the Truth" as you believe it, then kindly go away. If you want to discuss things, that's OK. But the ROCs tell us that you must do so with respect to the other traditions present. Your blatant (and futile) attempts to proselytize are not welcome, nor permitted.

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2010 - 8:19AM #4
Bob10

kurnell - it's too bad that the "knowledge of the LORD" is evil spoken of. The writers of the NT had great prophetic insight given to them by the LORD.

many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. - 2 Peter 2:2

"I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me."  Psalms 119:30.

David chose "the way of truth", which are the "ways of the LORD" - 1kg. 2:4, 3:6.

David walked before the LORD his God in truth, the same way Apostle John wants us to walk --- "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" 3 John 1:4.

Thank you.

www.borntowin.net/newsite/Audios/RadioAr...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2010 - 8:32AM #5
Bob10

"walk in the Spirit" - Galatians 5:25.

"live in the Spirit" - Galatians 5:25.

"the Spirit of God dwells in you" - Romans 8:9, 11

"I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" - Ezekiel 36:27.

Apostle Paul, therefore, teaches the people of God to keep the LORD's Passover and the days of unleavened bread (a statute) - 1 Cor. 5:7-8.

Apostle Paul also teaches the Gentiles on the seventh day Sabbath day - www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=act...

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2010 - 2:09PM #6
Sisterintruth

Jesus also said that the Sabbath day was made for man, not man for sabbath. We celebrate  the Lords day on Sunday(At least I do) because when he rose again after Passover,it was the 1rst day of the week when he showed himself to the disciples. Thedisciples gathered in the Upper room, he appeared to them,had fellowship. So the apostles started meeting on the first day of the week. they still taught to others on the Jewish Sabbath day, but also met on the other days.

So point is this Bob; we have our own Sabbath days, whether it is Sat,Sun, or durning the week as long as we put a day aside for the Lord & devote to him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2010 - 11:53PM #7
Issabhandu1

Hi there friends,

Forgive me for poking my nose into the middle of the fray, but I must agree that it doesn't matter so much when you go to church or observe the Lord's day.

I mean, it does, if you can make church on a Saturday or Sunday.  But if you work those days, for instance, I think the Lord would be happy to see you in His house, or hear your prayers, when you are available.  Time, Place, Circumstance.

I remember when I was a young Missionary Baptist.  For a period, because I worked and went to school, I could only make Wednesday Bible study.  I even would go on Thursday's Ladies Auxiliry Meeting Night! (Which was mostly devotions and reports on the progress of Church projects).  This was the case for over a year.

- - - - - 

As well, if I may say; one should not post a reply to someone else saying that they are on the wrong thread, or off topic, without explaing why a little.  Just to say, "YOU SHOULDN'T POST HERE" is just kinda rude and does not show that the objecting Post-er has any substantive reason for attacking another.  We cannot assume that everyone who reads these Posts will be able to discern WHY the Post is off-topic or in the wrong place.

Perhaps, even if we are offended or angry at another Post-er, we should stop to consider a well-balanced response, with some reasoning.  Wink

Yours truly, Issabhandu1

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 7:14AM #8
Campbellite

Welcome, and thank you for your thoughtful contribution. You are right that any post saying "Go away" should be accompanied by a reason why. As a newcomer you wouldn't know that Bob10 frequents these boards with the express purpose of campaigning against Sunday worship. It's not a matter of being offended or angry with Bob. It is a matter of his constant, and frankly tiresome, pattern of making everything about him and his sabbaterian belief. He has strained out a gnat, and made it the central doctrine of his faith. And seems to think that anyone who disagrees with him is in league with the devil, or something.

The problem with Bob, and with a lot of Christians in general (and I say this in love as a fellow disciple of Jesus) is that they are utterly convinced that they, and they alone, have the Truth, and that no one else does. That is at best dangerous thinking.

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 1:32AM #9
Issabhandu1

Apr 13, 2010 -- 2:09PM, Sisterintruth wrote:

Jesus also said that the Sabbath day was made for man, not man for sabbath. We celebrate  the Lords day on Sunday(At least I do) because when he rose again after Passover,it was the 1rst day of the week when he showed himself to the disciples. Thedisciples gathered in the Upper room, he appeared to them,had fellowship. So the apostles started meeting on the first day of the week. they still taught to others on the Jewish Sabbath day, but also met on the other days.

So point is this Bob; we have our own Sabbath days, whether it is Sat,Sun, or durning the week as long as we put a day aside for the Lord & devote to him.

At the first sentence of the above quote, I am reminded of an exchange between Jesus and the Jewish leadership...  The leaders saw that, on the Sabbath, Jesus' disciples were gathering food for a meal....this is work on the Sabbath.  The leader's knew this was against the rules.  (05/02/10 edit... I may have been a little off on my reference.. I believe this is when Jesus healed a woman on the Sabbath... but the example remains accurate)

When the leaders asked Jesus why he allowed this, he said 'who wouldn't lead their mule to water', even on the Sabbath.

The point was made; regulations are good when they aren't too tightly (extremely) applied.  Regulation had become the center of the Jewish leadership's focus in their philosophy of worshiping God.  I think, IMO, Jesus' point was; if you go thirsty on the Sabbath because of rules, then the rules are too tightly applied.

My take on this; The Sabbath day WAS made for Man.  Not a day to be doleful and sad for your wretched sins,  but rather a REWARD for your week of service to God.  'Come, rest in me', sing my songs, laugh with friends.  The Sabbath is for US to rest, so we're ready for the coming Werk.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 15, 2010 - 3:02PM #10
Bob10

Ephesians 5:1 - Be imitators of God as beloved children. NRSV

Gen. 2:2 - God rested on the seventh day.

God showed His people what day was the Sabbath day by giving them manna to eat for six days.  They received double the manna on friday; no manna fell from heaven on Sabbath day. Some people, however, went out to collect manna on the Sabbath. "How long do you refuse to obey Me" says the LORD.

The Sabbath day is not just one day out of seven. It is the seventh day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook