Page 24 of 24  •  Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
Switch to Forum Live View Can One Tree Bear Twelve Kinds of Fruit?
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 5:37AM #231
Megalithic

First of all, the scriptures are there to be believed. All prophecies are confirmed by them coming to pass, whether we believe them or not.

Second, the Tree of Life is NOT literal. There are dozens of verses in the bible where a tree represents a person. You only need to read the bible to see them.

Third, Christ Himself taught 'I am the vine, you are the branches'. And many others.

Fourth, time WILL end. The bible says it will end. 'Time shall be no more', is just one case. Another is the very first verse of the bible. 'In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth'. In the beginning of what ? In the beginning of TIME itself.

Time will end. But eternity has no beginning and no end. All things which have a beginning have an end and only those things which are eternal have no beginning and no end. Death and hell have an end. But what is eternal has no beginning and no end.

Since this question asks whether one tree can bear twelve different kinds of fruit I think you see that it can. And this too is true whether we believe it or not. The rest is for us to believe, each according to our faith.

Sep 17, 2010 -- 9:34PM, voice-crying wrote:

Sep 16, 2010 -- 10:25AM, Megalithic wrote:

In my view the answer is simple. The tree bears twelve kinds of fruit because a tree CAN bear twelve kinds of fruit. 12 is the number of fellowship. 12 apostles, 12 tribes, etc. etc.

Sure, if the tree were a metaphor we could safely pass the twelve kinds of fruit growing each month as spiritual...but then we would have to know...why every month and why did the leaves heal...heal who? 

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations."  Revelation 22:2

But more importantly, every tree belongs to a genus. Now, a genus is not a species. A genus is a set of species. And all species belong to a genus.

Take for example the genus known as Citrus. Citrus is not a species. It's a genus. It contains many species. Oranges, Lemons, Limes are examples.  But they are all members of the Citrus Genus. Though they are separate and distinct species.

It is possible for a tree to bear both oranges and lemons at the same time. But the tree itself remains the same tree. An orange tree can bear lemons if a lemon branch has been grafted on to it. And a lemon tree can bear oranges if an orange has been grafted on to it. So says nature. Ask a fruit farmer. Why is this possible ? It's possible because they are ALL Citrus Fruits. That is why it's possible. Though they are, as said, separate and distinct species even within that genus to which they all belong.

Thank you, this is informative.  And yet, as you pointed out, a second fruit/branch would have to be grafted in. 

Even in the garden of Eden [as far as we know] there was only one kind of fruit per tree.   

Actually, the tree of life is literal; it was literal in the garden and it will be literal in the New Jerusalem that will come down out of heaven and rest [above the earth]; it will be the place where Christ Jesus (The Messiah) and His bride will dwell...it will be the place where the eternal earth dwellers will come up to worship and they will also eat of the trees.     

The tree of Life is not a real tree. It's LIFE itself. And at the end of time all LIFE will bear record of LIFE. Faithfully.

I don't understand what you are saying; what does that mean?  You said: "And at the end of time all LIFE will bear record of LIFE."

Time will never end and there will always be humans living on this earth and the LORD God will be their King of kings and LORD of Lords.

Jesus is our (the church-HIS bride ot be) life, but, I'm looking at what you are saying...it could be that the 12 kinds of fruit and the healing leaves will keep the earth dwellers alive through out eternity...similar to us humans now...if we don't eat we won't live...I don't know, I'm just guessing; I'll have to study this aspect of the future tree of life.  

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."  1 John 5:11

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 11:15AM #232
voice-crying

Sep 18, 2010 -- 5:37AM, Megalithic wrote:

First of all, the scriptures are there to be believed.

This is true.."scriptures are there to be believed."  Although, in order to believe what the scripture says you have to read every word; it is so easy to [spiritualize] everything, that way...no thought is required.   

All prophecies are confirmed by them coming to pass, whether we believe them or not.

This also is true. 

Two-thirds of all Bible prophecies have already been fulfilled.  We are now waiting for the "church" (bride to be of Christ) to be caught up to heaven to be given in Holy Matrimony with Our Beloved (JESUS).

Second, the Tree of Life is NOT literal.

We will have to agree to disagree on this; I say that the "Tree of Life" is a literal tree.  It is my opinion that this tree is a stumbling block for those [today] who would like to remove the Jews place in the future of God plan. 

I [think] that this tree will represent the twelve tribes of Israel (Jacob's son) in the New Jerusalem.  And that those [earth dwellers] who will go back and forth from the earth to the NJ to worship and praise the LORD, will eat the fruit (that will be on the tree) of their allotted tribes.  

There are dozens of verses in the bible where a tree represents a person. You only need to read the bible to see them.

You are correct; but the topic is a specific tree; the Tree of Life in the New Jerusalem.  We know from Bible study that a tree is known by the fruit it bears.

Third, Christ Himself taught 'I am the vine, you are the branches'. And many others.

He did.  Jesus is everything to us.

Fourth, time WILL end. The bible says it will end.

No, the Bible doesn't teach that.  What does the word [time] means.  [Simply] it means the way of doing things. 

'Time shall be no more', is just one case. Another is the very first verse of the bible. 'In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth'. In the beginning of what ? In the beginning of TIME itself.

"In the beginning" WHAT does that mean?  It means in our beginning...not Gods; God has always been; HE has no beginning and HE has no end.

Time will end.

If you mean the need for a clock, I agree. 

But eternity has no beginning and no end.

I agree; and that is why we all need Salvation now while it is day.  The saved will spend eternity with Christ Jesus first in heaven (for our wedding) and then in the New Jerusalem.  Those who never knew Jesus (the Old Testament saints) also those who accept HIM after our wedding will spend eternity here on this earth.  Those whose hearts are hardened...those who refuse to [ever] accept HIM will spend eternity separated from HIM...spirits do not/can not die.   Eternity is forever. 

All things which have a beginning have an end and only those things which are eternal have no beginning and no end. Death and hell have an end. But what is eternal has no beginning and no end.

You are contradicting yourself; but, I think that you know that until Christ returns to rule and reign over the earth that there will be births and dying (beginnings and ends)...but, that one day in God own time, the way things are done now will end. 

Since this question asks whether one tree can bear twelve different kinds of fruit I think you see that it can.

No, in this world at this time, one tree can not bear twelve kinds of fruit; that would be a miracle.  Only in the New Jerusalem will you ever see a tree bearing twelve kinds of fruit; that is something to look forward to. 

And this too is true whether we believe it or not. The rest is for us to believe, each according to our faith.

I'm waiting for the day when we each believe according to the Word of God, not according to different denominations or traditions.  But, until then there is no need for us to argue.  If you and I can agree that Jesus is our only Salvation, that is enough. 

[One day this earth will be renewed; one day the sky above will be renewed...just think, someone moves into a house that was formally lived in.  Man is doing a lousy job of taking care of the world; JESUS knows what needs to be done.]

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 4:13PM #233
Megalithic

The tree in question IS a spiritual tree. Because God IS a spirit. 'I am the vine and you are the branches etc'.  Also,

'My word is spirit' (elsewhere).

And yes, a tree, even a physical tree, CAN bear 12 kinds of fruit. Only by having grafted branches. But the tree being discussed here can do so NOT because it's a tree as we know it but because it's a SUPERNATURAL tree. The tree being refered to in Revelation IS a supernatural tree.

Hell is not eternal. It was made, it has a beginning, and it will have an end. That is clearly stated in the bible. (If it was eternal those there would need eternal life to be there !). The bible says death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. Hell (which is the absence of God's presence) lasts ('from the ages to the ages') but it is definitely not eternal. 'The Soul that sins it shall die'. That's basic stuff.

And finally, Jesus has his sheep. But we are not literal sheep. The symbols used in the bible are leading us to greater realities than any carnal understanding of the bible.

Respectfully

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 6:06PM #234
voice-crying

Sep 18, 2010 -- 4:13PM, Megalithic wrote:

The tree in question IS a spiritual tree. Because God IS a spirit.

No, God is not "a spirit" God (the Father) is the SPIRIT. 

'I am the vine and you are the branches etc'.

Jesus said: "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman."  John 15:1

Jesus said: "I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."  John 15:5

Jesus is the second in the Godhead...Jesus is the Word that became flesh.

Also, 'My word is spirit' (elsewhere).

We have HIS Word; it is the Bible.  If we pray and ask God for an answer to any situation, the answer will never be contrary to what is written.

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you."  Proverbs 1:23

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life." John 6:63

And yes, a tree, even a physical tree, CAN bear 12 kinds of fruit.

In post one, it was established that two fruits can grow on one tree...and grafting instructions was supplied.  In your post...#231, you also rightly stated that two fruits can grow on one tree...by way of grafting.  Can you explain why you now say that a tree can bear 12 kinds of fruit? 

Only by having grafted branches. But the tree being discussed here can do so NOT because it's a tree as we know it but because it's a SUPERNATURAL tree. The tree being refered to in Revelation IS a supernatural tree.

What tree are you seeing in Revelation 15?  In Revelation 15 the world is in the middle of the Great Tribulaton Period; many are being saved...the tribulation martyred are seen worshipping in heaven.  The "tree" that this thread is referring to is in Revelation 22:2.  Maybe if you should explain what you mean when you use the term: SUPERNATURAL tree?  God is indeed "super" and HE does thing that we can't do.  If you know of a tree in this world that bears 12 different kinds of fruit...please tell me about it.  God can do anything; we can't, we are limited.

Hell is not eternal. It was made, it has a beginning, and it will have an end.

Hell is: death, and death is separation from God.  Being eternally separated from God will be the judgment of the unsaved (when they stand before Christ Jesus at the Great White Throne)..  Spirits never die.  The unsaved will be eternally separated from God.   

That is clearly stated in the bible. (If it was eternal those there would need eternal life to be there !). The bible says death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. Hell (which is the absence of God's presence) lasts ('from the ages to the ages') but it is definitely not eternal. 'The Soul that sins it shall die'. That's basic stuff.

I think that God has the final Word.  Eternal Damnation is not a scare tactic

"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:"  Mark 3:29

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;"  Titus 1:2

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection."  Revelation 20:5

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."  Revelation 20:15

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."  Revelation 20:10

God does not want any human being to experience the fate of the evil one and his followers.  And that is why HE sends us into the fields to bring in the lost sheep while there is time, before the latter rain begins.

And finally, Jesus has his sheep. But we are not literal sheep. The symbols used in the bible are leading us to greater realities than any carnal understanding of the bible.

Respectfully

Yes, Jesus "has his sheep."  And yet, as HE said, HIS sheep know HIS voice.  We all have a lot to learn.  I guess we could start by learning the difference between a rock and a hard place.   [Homonym]

God Bless.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 24 of 24  •  Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook