Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Christianity is not a new religion
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 11:33AM #31
Bob10

...you have not been like My servant David, who kept My commandments (Jn 14:15) and who followed Me with all his heart, to do only that which was right in My sight (Ex. 15:26 / Acts 4:19)  -- 1Kings 14:8, NASB

And you became followers of us and of the Lord (1Cor. 7:19, NASB / Mat. 19:17), having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe.   -- 1Thes. 1:6-7, NKJV

...live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory  -- 1Thes. 2:12, NIV

Join together in following my example (Acts 17:2 / Lk 4:16), brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.  For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.  Their destiny is destruction....   -- Philippians 3:17-19, NIV

Streams of tears flow from my eyes,
   for your law is not obeyed (Rom 2:8, 8:7).  --  Psalm 119:136, NIV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2011 - 10:20AM #32
Bob10

All who obey his commandments abide in him, and he abides in them. -- 1Jn 3:24, NRSV

Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. -- Jn 15:6, NRSV

" Indeed, in Christ Jesus (1Cor. 7:19, NASB) I became your father through the gospel. I appeal to you, then, be imitators of me.

" For this reason I sent you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ Jesus (Mk. 12: 29-34), as I teach them everywhere in every church. "

- 1Cor. 4:15-17, NRSV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 11:16AM #33
Bob10

JESUS:  If you love Me, keep My commandments.   - Jn 14:15

What if some were unfaithful?     - Romans 3:3. NIV

...you destroy all who are unfaithful to you     - Psalm 73:27, NIV

...they are burned.     - John 15:6, NKJV

...obeying the commandments of God is everything.    - 1Cor. 7:19, NRSV

JESUS:   "...do this and you will live."     - Lk 10:25-28, NKJV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2011 - 1:28PM #34
Bob10

Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.    - 1Jn 5:21, NIV

"flee from idolatry"  --  I do not want you to be participants with demons   - 1Cor. 10:14,20, NIV

You must not worship the LORD your God in their way.   - Dt. 12:4, NIV

Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and burn their Asherah poles in the fire; cut down the idols of their gods and wipe out their names from those places.    -Dt. 12:3, NIV

You must not worship the LORD your God in their way.   - Dt. 12:4,31, NIV

"...know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart..."  --  to walk in His statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8) and keep His commandments (1Cor. 7:19/ 1Jn 2:3-4), as at this day.   --  1Chronicles 28:9, NKJV / 1Kings 8:61, NKJV

Wake up!  Do what is right. Stop doing wrong things. Some of you do not know God at all. I say these things to you to make you ashamed.    - 1Cor. 15:34, Worldwide English (NT)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2011 - 12:59AM #35
Dostojevsky

Bob10,

" Wake up! Do what is right. Stop doing wrong things. Some of you do not know God at all. I say these things to you to make you ashamed. - 1Cor. 15:34, Worldwide English

Bob, I really do not like modern translations but will go with it here -' ashamed'

I think Christianity has so much to offer but somehow we 'miss the mark'.

We have been given so much---

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2011 - 1:21PM #36
Bob10

Hi, Dostojevsky  

All who obey his commandments abide in him, and he abides in them....   - 1Jn 3:24, NRSV

And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.     - 1Jn 2:28, NKJV

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?   - 2Cor. 13:5, NIV

....you have not been as My servant David, who kept My commandments and who followed Me (Jn 10:27) with all his heart, to do only what was right in My eyes (Ex. 15:26).....   - 1Kings 14:8, NKJV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2012 - 1:01PM #37
Bob10

You are righteous, LORD,
   and your laws are right.    - Psalm 119:137, NIV

Evildoers do not understand what is right,    - Proverbs 28:5, NIV

JESUS  "...go away from me, you evildoers."    - Matt. 7:23, NRSV

May they be blotted out of the book of life
   and not be listed with the righteous (Ex. 15:26).    - Psalm 69:28, NIV 

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.    - Rom. 2:13, NIV

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.   - Rev. 20:15, NIV

All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world   - Rev. 13:8, NIV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2012 - 11:15AM #38
Rgurley4

Jesus: Paul preached the necessity of GRACE through Spirit-led FAITH in the God-Man.

Acts 20....Paul's farewell message to The Church at Ephesus...Author: Luke?

From Miletus he ( PAUL)sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church.
And when they had come to him, he said to them,
“You yourselves know, from the first day that I set foot in Asia, how I was with you the whole time,
serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials which came upon me
through the plots of the Jews;
how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable,
and teaching you publicly and from house to house,
solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks
of repentance toward God and FAITH in our Lord JESUS Christ.

Romans 3 (NASB)...Salvation / imputed Righteouness / Redemption / Justification / Propitiation:
                                  By GRACE through Spirit-led FAITH in Jesus the Christ

But now apart from the Law (Mosaic),
the Righteousness of God has been manifested,
being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the Righteousness of God through Faith in Jesus Christ for all those who BELIEVE (have FAITH);
for there is no distinction;
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (perfection),
being Justified as a GIFT by His GRACE through the Redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
whom God displayed publicly as a Propitiation in His blood (sacrifice) through FAITH.
This was to demonstrate His (God 's) Righteousness,
because in the forbearance of God (God's perfect JUSTICE)
He passed over the sins previously committed;
for the demonstration, I say, of His Righteousness at the present time,
so that He would be JUST and the JUSTIFIER of the one who has FAITH in Jesus.

Romans 5 (NASB)...RESULTS of Salvation / Justification= Reconciliation...Grace through Faith in Jesus.

Therefore, having been Justified by FAITH, we have peace with God THROUGH our Lord Jesus Christ,
through whom also we have OBTAINED our introduction by FAITH into this GRACE in which we stand...
the love of God (the Father)has been poured out within our hearts through (God) the Holy Spirit
who was given to us (by the finished work of God the Son)...
For if while we were enemies (of God),  we were Reconciled to God THROUGH the death of His Son,
much more, having been Reconciled, we shall be SAVED by His life.
And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
THROUGH WHOM we have now received the Reconciliation.

Galatians 2...Paul confronts Peter...FAITH versus Works of the LAW

I (Paul) said to Cephas (Peter) in the presence of all,
“If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews,
how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?
 “We are Jews by nature (blood) and not sinners from among the Gentiles;
nevertheless... knowing that a man is NOT Justified by the Works of the Law
but through FAITH in Christ Jesus,
even we have BELIEVED in Christ Jesus,
so that we may be JUSTIFIED by FAITH in Christ
and NOT by the Works of the Law;
since by the Works of the Law no FLESH (Body+Soul) will be justified. (forgiven of sin)

Galatians 3...FAITH versus Works of the LAW
Now that no one is justified by the LAW before God is evident; for,
“THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”
However, the LAW is not of faith;
on the contrary,
“HE WHO PRACTICES THEM (LAWS) SHALL LIVE BY THEM.”
Christ Redeemed us from the Curse of the Law,
having become a curse for us—
for it is written,
“CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE”— (sacrifice of crucifixion)
 in order that IN Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles,(Promise of the Kingdom)
so that we (believers) would receive the PROMISE of the (God the Holy) Spirit through faith.(in Jesus)

Hebrews 12....Jesus: the Example, the Author and Perfecter of FAITH
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,
let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of FAITH,
who for the joy set before Him endured the cross,
despising the shame,
and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (TRI-UNE GOD reunited in heaven)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 3:02PM #39
Bob10

God said to him…        “If you will walk in my ways, keeping my statutes (Acts 2:1/1Cor. 5:7-8) and my commandments (1Cor. 7:19/ 1Jn 2:3-4), as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your life.”       - 1Kings 3:11-14, NRSV

PAUL:  “Fathers, don't make your children angry. Instead, train them and teach them the ways of the Lord as you raise them.”      - Ephesians 6:4, New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

PAUL:  “ ‘Then things will go well with you. You will live a long time on the earth (Dt. 5:16).’ ”        - Ephesians 6:2-3, NIRV

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2012 - 5:21PM #40
Rgurley4

The above verses are WAY off point! Preachin' to da choir?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook