Switch to Forum Live View Jesus didn't go Flying
5 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2010 - 1:13PM #1
Bradholkesvig

Category: Religion and Philosophy

Jesus didn't go flying

Christians have been led to believe that Jesus resurrected in his flesh but there are problems with this story that most people don't see.

The first problem is what Peter said in this verse;

1 Peter 3

18: For Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit;

If Peter knew that Jesus resurrected in the flesh, he wouldn't have made this statement about being alive in the spirit. Why didn't he say alive in the flesh? Why doesn't Peter or any other writer of the new testament, besides the ones who have the easter story in it, tell about the resurrection of Jesus in the flesh? They all talk about his spirit resurrecting after he died but never his flesh. Do you suppose the Romans could have made this story up to deceive someone?

The second problem is a trust issue between Jesus and his disciples. Jesus spent three years or so with his disciples getting their trust by telling them the truth about everything. He never lied to them because he couldn't. He gave them prophesies about things that would happen far into the future. He told them what to expect in the near future and they would always come true. Jesus was teaching them how the spirit works and how he gets understanding from him about the future because God knows all things.

These disciples learned to trust him about everything he said so it was critical that Jesus maintained this trust. After God revealed himself to Peter, Jesus knew that he would die very soon. His mission was accomplished because Peter knew the true spirit now so he could be delivered into the Kingdom after Jesus died for the forgiveness of all sins.

This was the time Jesus told his disciples that he was going to be put to death. Then he told them he would send the Holy Spirit. Nowhere in this conversation to them did he say he was coming back in the flesh a few days after he died. Jesus never kept a secret from them and even told them about the Holy Spirit and the experience they would have when their hearts were filled with him. So why didn't Jesus tell them he would see them after he had risen from his grave?

Supposedly Jesus resurrected and came into the upper room where his disciples, Mary and some others were mourning his death. The door was shut but there he was surprising them with his appearance. Thomas had to check his wounds as proof it was really Jesus. By appearing like this in his flesh, Jesus was made a liar. He warned the disciples about his death and the spirit coming into them but he didn't tell them he was going to surprise them. This is a breach of trust and Jesus wouldn't have done this to them. He would have told them everything about his appearance and hanging around visiting people for several days and then go floating into the clouds before his disciples as witnesses.

A breach of trust is a serious matter between God and his people. If you can't trust God who is the truth, then you can't trust anyone. This is why the disciples would have been told in detail of what to expect when Jesus appeared in the flesh.

The third problem we have is Jesus floating up into the clouds. God is infinite so he doesn't live in the sky. He lives everywhere so Jesus could have laid down and entered heaven. The pagan gods of Rome, Greece, Persia-Medes and Babylon all lived in the sky. It was their god named Jesus who floated up into the sky where all their gods lived. They also say that their god in the sky will appear in the clouds again on the last day. Why isn't it a bright sunny day when Jesus leaves or comes back? Is it because clouds are also gods in the sky?

The fourth problem is why did they have guards at the tomb when no one knew he was going to resurrect in the flesh? Jesus only told them he would send them his spirit and I'm sure his disciples didn't understand him. They surely wouldn't go to the Romans and tell them Jesus was going to send them the Holy Spirit. Jesus was definitely not a famous person so his tomb didn't need to be guarded by anyone. He was terrorist, and a blasphemer to most people around and they never figured he was going to be floating up into space. This story was added by someone who knew the rest of his story would involve Jesus escaping from the tomb. He had to have guards there to make it look like the flesh of Jesus could go right through the rock of the tomb.

The fifth problem was Jesus hanging around visiting in the same area where he was hated by the Jewish leaders and killed by the Romans. I don't believe Jesus would be having coffee and cookies with friends and relatives around people who had him killed a few days before. Jesus showed people how he could eat and walk through walls and talk. If he was capable of doing that, then he could have kept on preaching the gospel until God yanked him up into the sky.

The last problem is that many other lies were added to the new testament writings to prove that the Roman gods entered the writings of the true God. This story about the resurrection is a Roman fabrication to make Jesus look like he was God. They wanted him separate from the Holy Spirit because they knew the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ was living in the saints they killed. By adding the triune god, Pentecost, and the resurrection of the flesh of Jesus, they could show the Holy Spirit as a separate person from Jesus Christ to keep the Holy Spirit from becoming important to the reader.

Jesus Christ said we would be forgiven if we blaspheme the son or the Father but we wouldn't be forgiven if blaspheme the Holy Spirit. The son is the Holy Spirit of God and the Father is the Holy Spirit. What Jesus is saying is that names aren't important. It's the spirit who is the truth and the life. This was the Holy Spirit who was living in Jesus Christ.  This is the spirit who stayed alive after Jesus died in the flesh. No one could see this spirit so nobody saw Jesus floating into the sky. They didn't see anything other than Jesus die in the flesh and his body carried away.

Jesus is still alive today in his spirit and he's the one who gave me all this understanding of how he didn't resurrect in the flesh. He's always been a spirit who lived in his flesh for a short while as he has in all his saints. He's here today in my flesh as I'm sharing this Word to you.

God bless you,

Brad

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2010 - 6:20PM #2
Maximusleviticus

Liar! Blasphemer! Go back to the broad of satan from which you come. i rebuke you satan in the name of the Father, The  Son Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit. Go be gone with yourself false prophet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2010 - 8:02PM #3
Bradholkesvig

Are you a celtic Christian? It's amazing how Daniel described the feet of the beast he saw. Clay does break very easily, doesn't it?

God bless you,

Brad

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 3:23PM #4
Bradholkesvig

buenas dias mi amigo. tengo el dios en mi la corazon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 5:13PM #5
mfjfarrell

Dia anseo isteach!

God to all here!

Greetings all,

Brad, this 'revelation' that you shared here has nothing to do with Celtic Christianity.  So, I'm not really sure why you wish to bring it up here.  Regardless,  I'm sure you are sincere in your beliefs even if misguided in your theology.  From the manner in which you approached this topic I will surmise that you are from the Evangelical Fundamentalist branch of Christianity.  While there are many good things about Evangelicals and their focus on learning the scriptures, one of the short comings is their lack of church history.

The premise you bring up is one that was dealt with in the Early Church already.  I forget whether it was the Nestorians or the Donatists heresy but both were put to rest at the Council of Nicaea.  Later, the Nicene Creed became the prayer that all the faithful would recite at any of the church assemblies.  It is still used in some churches to this day and rightly so since it affirms both the divinity and humanity of Christ.  Had you known your history, you might have recognized the error of your beliefs.

As for the Celts, they were in accord with the Nicene Creed, so it is of little consequence that this 'new revelation' of yours matters in the least to us.  As I'm sure you know already, if you string enough Scripture verses together, you can make the Bible say anything you want to believe.  Cultists do that all the time!  Thankfully, the Celts were/are people of Two Books, Scripture and Creation.  We study both devoutly to discover Christ in all things.  We are neither Biblio-idolaters nor Tree-huggers, but we believe all things exist within Him and by his presence.

May God be with you on your journey to the Truth and may he bring my words to you in peace...

Slan,

Marty

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 6:29PM #6
Bradholkesvig

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the history tour but that has nothing to do with the truth. Don't you think people who wrote back then might have been in error?

I don't adhere to any man's religions or read the Bible. I'm only God's preacher of the gospel and he has me looking for his chosen people. It doesn't matter where I preach because God is no respector of people, which means anyone in the world can accept his gospel. Man's gospels are dead and only sign up people in religion. The more money you need, the faster you get them in. You switch to your two minute gospel that can bring in hundreds of new deceived pagan worhippers every day. Impressive but God's not impressed at all.

God bless you,

Brad

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 8:43PM #7
mfjfarrell

Caoimhin, as Berla, le d'thoil!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 9:43PM #8
mfjfarrell

as Berla = in English.. please!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2010 - 9:03AM #9
mfjfarrell

Not pride at all!  The thing about learning still holds true in all areas.. use it or lose it!  But I did the same and it was really self-serving.  People prefer understanding to mystery! 

I think you have some good things to say here, just say them so people can understand!!  And use your gaelic sparingly.  Nice to have you here though...

Slan

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook