Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Saints in Jerusalem
3 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2011 - 11:21AM #21
Bob10
HARLOT

“Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; "for I am married to you."   - Jer. 3:14, NKJV

...For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.   "...to be obedient to Jesus Christ (Mk 12:29-34).... "  "...you belong to Christ..."-2Cor. 11:2, NKJV / 1Peter 1:2, NIV / Mk 9:41, NKJV

“Turn from your evil ways, and keep My commandments (Jn 14:15) and My statutes (Acts 2:1, 1Cor. 5:7-8), according to all the law (Rom 8:4) which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by My servants the prophets.”    ---  "...recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets..." - 2Kings 17:13, NKJV / 2Peter 3:2, NIV

They refused to obey - Neh. 9:17, NKJV

...they played the harlot with other gods, and bowed down to them. They turned quickly from "the way" (Acts 24:14, NKJV) in which their fathers walked, in obeying the commandments of the LORD; they did not do so.   - Judges 2:17, NKJV

I was crushed by their adulterous heart which has departed from Me, and by their eyes which play the harlot after their idols....   - Ez. 6:9, NKJV

Adulterers and adulteresses! ---  "...remember all the commandments of the LORD and do them (James 2:11), and that you may not follow the harlotry to which your own heart and your own eyes are inclined,"   - James 4:4, NKJV / Nu. 15:39-40, NKJV

"They have committed adultery with their idols"  --- "and profaned My Sabbaths"  - Ez. 23:37-38, NKJV

“Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot..."  --- "that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth"   - Rev 17:1, 18, NKJV

How the faithful city has become a harlot!  - Isa. 1:21, NKJV

...THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS...  --- "...The daughters of one mother. They committed harlotry ...    - Rev 17:5 / Ezek. 23: 2-3, NKJV   

“Like mother, like daughter.”  You are a true daughter of your mother, who despised her husband (Heb. 10:28-29, Jn 5:46-47)   - Ezek. 16:44-45, NIV 

He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication; and He has avenged on her the blood of His servants shed by her.  - Rev 19:2, NKJV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 11:19AM #22
Bob10

People who think about the things of this life are God's enemies. They do not obey God's law. They cannot obey it. - Rom. 8:7, Worldwide English (NT)

You are always on their lips but far from their hearts. - Jer. 12:2, NIV

...serve Him with a loyal heart.... - 1Chron. 28:9, NKJV

their hearts were not loyal to him...  --  "...to walk in His statutes (Acts 2:1 / 1Cor. 5:7-8) and keep His commandments (1Cor. 7:19 / 1Jn. 2:3-4)..." - Ps. 78:37, NIV / 1Kg. 8:61, NKJV

They worshiped the LORD, but they also served their own gods --- "Even while these people were worshiping the LORD, they were serving their idols.

To this day their children and grandchildren continue to do as their ancestors did." - 2Kg. 17:33, 41, NIV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2011 - 1:14PM #23
Bob10
PAUL:  “…there will be a resurrection of both the righteous (Ex. 15:26) and the wicked.”     – Acts 24:15, NIV

Salvation is far from the wicked (Ezek. 33:15),
         For they do not seek Your statutes.     – Psalm 119:155, NKJV

Indignation grips me because of the wicked,
   who have forsaken your law.     – Psalm 119:53, NIV

walk in My ways, to keep My statutes (Acts 2:1/ 1Cor. 5:7-8) and My commandments (1Cor. 7:19/ 1Jn 2:3-4)    - 1Kings 3:14, NKJV 

the wicked "say to God, ‘Leave us alone!
   We have no desire to know your ways. 
Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him? ' "      - Job 21:14-15, NIV

The ways of the LORD are right;
   the righteous walk in them,
   but the rebellious stumble in them.       - Hosea 14:9, NIV

JESUS:  "This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."    - Matt. 13:49-50, NIV 

God gave our dear brother Paul the wisdom to write about this also. He wrote about these things in all of his writings. Some of these things are hard to understand. People who do not have much understanding and some who are not strong in the faith change the meaning of his letters. They do this to the other parts of the Holy Writings also. They are destroying themselves as they do this.  

And so, dear friends, now that you know this, watch so you will not be led away by the mistakes of these sinful people. Do not be moved by them.          - 2Peter 3:15-17, New Life Version

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2012 - 1:12PM #24
Bob10

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works.    - 2Thes. 2:9, NIV

Some have in fact already turned away to follow Satan.    - 1Ti. 5:15, NIV

For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.          - 2Cor. 11:13, NIV 

...these teachers oppose the truth (Ps. 119:142,151). They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected.     - 2Ti. 3:8, NIV 

You reject all those who stray from Your statutes... -- "...the wicked,
   who have forsaken your law" (Rom. 8:7)      - Ps. 119:118, NKJV/ Ps. 119:53, NIV 

May they be blotted out of the book of life 
   and not be listed with the righteous (Ex. 15:26).     - Ps. 69:28, NIV

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.     - Rom. 2:13, NIV

All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.   – Rev. 13:8, NIV

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.   – Rev. 20:15, NIV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2012 - 11:05AM #25
Rgurley4

What is "Traditional" "Christianity" ?

Christian = Christ-follower.

"CHURCH" = the collective BODY of true believers who are indwelt by God the Holy Spirit. God the Son ( Jesus the Christ is its HEAD).
                       And the "CHURCH" is supra-denominational and without government.

"TRADITION"...
1. "sacred tradition" is more likely to be used in reference to Roman Catholicism.
2. "holy tradition" in reference to Eastern Orthodoxy,
...although the two terms are often interchangeable in meaning.

3. Conservative Christ-followers believe that the Bible is the SUPREME basis for all Christian doctrine when in conflict with "tradition"

The love of the TRI-UNE God is such that God the Father poured out His perfect God the Son, Jesus, to free mankind from sin, death, the burden of the LAW, and yes, even from false and worthless "traditions",so that the free gift of Grace through God the Holy Spirit-led Faith could be the only provision for salvation unto good works.

Here's how the earliest body of believers manifested their faith...immediately after the "birth" of the "CHURCH" on Pentecost:...in and near Jerusalem...
BEFORE the "traditions" of any churchy government...

Acts 2: 44-et seq...

And all those who had BELIEVED were together
and had all things in common; (disregard for materiality)
and they began selling their property and possessions
and were SHARING them with all, as anyone might have need. (neighborly love)
Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, (Scripture + Prayer)
and breaking bread from house to house, (communion?)
they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, (fellowship)
PRAISING God and
having favor with all the people.
And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being SAVED.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 10:57AM #26
Bob10

JESUS:  "If you love Me, keep My commandments" (Deut. 30:16-19)    -- Jn 14:15, NKJV

PAUL:   ....those who love God are known by God.   -- 1Cor. 8:3, NIRV

PAUL:   But now you know God. Even better, God knows you. So why are you turning back to those weak and worthless beliefs? Do you want to be slaves to them all over again?   -- Gal. 4:9, NIRV

You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?    -- Gal. 5:7, NIRV

JESUS:   "Everyone who is on the side of truth listens to me."

Your law is truth  - Psalm 119:142, NKJV

And all Your commandments are truth   - Psalm 119:151, NKJV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 11:11AM #27
Bob10

Christian = Christ-follower.

Hi, Rgurley4   --- 

"Those who claim to belong to him must live just as Jesus did."  - 1John 2:6, NIRV

God said, "Do not commit adultery."—(Exodus 20:14; Deuteronomy 5:18) He also said, "Do not commit murder."—(Exodus 20:13; Deuteronomy 5:17)  -- James 2:11, NIRV

PAUL:  My dear friends, you have always obeyed God. You obeyed while I was with you. And you have obeyed even more while I am not with you.   - Philippians 2:12, NIRV

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 2:35PM #28
Bob10

JESUS: If you want to enter the kingdom, obey the commandments.    - Matt. 19:17, NIRV

I haven't turned away from your laws,
      because you yourself have taught me.    - Psalm 119:102, NIRV

Psalm 119:102, GNT --   I have not neglected your instructions,
      because you yourself are my teacher.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 10:31AM #29
Bob10

The Lord If you love Me, keep My commandments  - Jn 14:15, NKJV

PETER:  Although you’ve never seen him, you love him...   - 1Peter 1:8, CEB

...the Lord’s word endures forever. This is the word that was proclaimed to you as good news. - 1Peter 1:25, CEB

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 10:48AM #30
Bob10

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews...."   - Acts 2:14, NIV

PAUL:  “I am a Jew"    -- Acts 22:3, 21:39, NIV

Then they said to him, “Brother, you see how many thousands of Jews have become believers, and all of them keep the Law passionately."   - Acts 21:20, Common English Bible (CEB)

PAUL:  "Greet Andronicus and Junias.....They became believers in Christ before I did."  - Rom. 16:7, NIRV

PAUL:  "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ."  - 1Cor. 11:1, NKJV

"He obeyed God completely, even though it led to his death.
         In fact, he died on a cross."  -  Philipp. 2:8, NIRV

so I encourage you to follow my example This is why I’ve sent Timothy to you; he’s my loved and trusted child in the Lord; he’ll remind you about my way of life in Christ Jesus. He’ll teach the same way as I teach everywhere in every church.  - 1Cor. 4:16-17, CEB

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook