Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View i wonder if they will put the blame on God for this " pandemic" ?
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 6:26PM #1
Peter_d_roman

im sure they will- why should this " common 'natural'  event " be any different then all of the other ones.

>o

ps

im sure the bible will be a more effective treatment and protection then the anti- viral med tamaflu will prove itself to be during this days of fire-

:( not

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 7:08PM #2
Laura78

Don't you know it is because of all these new states legalizing same-sex unions?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 8:23PM #3
Peter_d_roman

oh i see-

i was fearful it was over the lack of tithing... but yes that same sex stuff... who dare these people follow there hearts call and not the pastor scripture teachings- wheres the pillory s or the stake s when you need one!

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 11:13PM #4
k-bearsmom

The very same GOD who is allowing 'all these states to vote for same sex marriages'...

who allows whom HE chooses to be our leaders.....

who gives grace to the sinners.....

who rules the universe and holds the stars in His hand.....

and when diseases and plagues come does'nt say

OOOPPPS!...I missed that one!

You love Him when He allows what you want...when the testing comes...OH NO...this is'nt God!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 12:03AM #5
Hatman

Curiously enough, I just got this email today(quoted in part; the rest, should anyone be interested, can be found at the link):

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mexican Swine Flu, An Advanced Biowar Event That Will Be Bigger Than 9/11,By The Earl of Stirling, 4-25-9

www.rense.com/general85/BIO.HTM

On 23rd April 2009 the world began to become aware of a very strange new  version of swine flu - H1N1 - in Mexico, with limited cases in Texas and  California. By the morning of the 24th of April, we began hear that there  were hundreds of sick and 20 or so dead. By late in the day, we have learned  that over 1,000 are now reported ill and over 60 are reported dead. There  are solid reasons to suspect that this new Mexican Swine Flu is NOT a  naturally occurring event but instead is an Advanced Biological Warfare  recombination DNA genetically engineered virus.

Here is what we know of the virus so far. This virus has already gone  international having crossed the border from Mexico to America. All schools  in Mexico City have been canceled, millions of students told to stay home  due to Mexican Swine Flu. Sick victims of this strange new virus are  currently reported in California and Texas. Over 60 deaths reported in  Mexico (could be substantially higher considering the state of Mexican  health care and reporting).

Young, healthy, adults seem to be the most at risk. This is similar to the 
deadest killer flu in history, Spanish Flu in 1918. Most if not all nations 
with advanced biological warfare programs have been interested in recreating 
the Spanish Flu DNA sequence and several are reported to have done so.  The new Mexican Swine Flu has elements of DNA from the following: avian  flu,
human flu Type A, human flu Type B, Asian swine flu, and European swine  flu.
A strange combination never seen before and having less than 1/10%  chance of
being a natural event. Human and animal viruses from four or more  continents
suddenly recombine in a new flu during a non-flu season that  spreads from
human-to-human with a 10% fatality rating.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So no, no blame for God on this one.  Blame for the perverse among mankind?  It seems so.

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 7:56AM #6
REteach

I'm sure it is because my state of Iowa legalized same sex marriages and started issuing licenses yesterday.  Of course, there are currently no cases of swine flu in Iowa.  Apparently God is past due for his trip to the optomitrist. Iowa is a bit of a distance from Mexico.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 1:41PM #7
Whisper01

I for one would definatly blame God for this one, whether natural or man made.

If it's natural God made nature and being ALL Knowing knew exactly when this flu would break out before he ever carted in the dirt to make this planet.

If it's man made God made man and being ALL Knowing knew exactly when man would concoct this little problem before he ever carted in dirt to make this planet.

God seems to be the single common denominator in all issues, including this one.

But, and here is the kicker, if God is the common denominator it no longer becomes the question "Did God do this?", but should rather be turned to "What did we do here on Earth to precipitate this and what shall we do to solve it?" as it is obvious God is involved in all things in all ways.

For honestly, God is not the one learning with every mistake that is made, that would be us. We learn from mistakes and overcome the obsticles, God only supplies both the obsticle and the wisdom to overcome it.

Just another take on the old querry "It is our fault or did God do it?".

:-) John

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 3:00PM #8
lope

Apr 28, 2009 -- 1:41PM, Whisper01 wrote:

I for one would definatly blame God for this one, whether natural or man made.

If it's natural God made nature and being ALL Knowing knew exactly when this flu would break out before he ever carted in the dirt to make this planet.

If it's man made God made man and being ALL Knowing knew exactly when man would concoct this little problem before he ever carted in dirt to make this planet.

God seems to be the single common denominator in all issues, including this one.

But, and here is the kicker, if God is the common denominator it no longer becomes the question "Did God do this?", but should rather be turned to "What did we do here on Earth to precipitate this and what shall we do to solve it?" as it is obvious God is involved in all things in all ways.

For honestly, God is not the one learning with every mistake that is made, that would be us. We learn from mistakes and overcome the obsticles, God only supplies both the obsticle and the wisdom to overcome it.

Just another take on the old querry "It is our fault or did God do it?".

:-) John

If it is unloving actions to others, it is our fault and God did not do it.  You may have a point on God having set up the world in which viruses occur and I don't have the answer for that, but that should be balanced a bit with the fact that the world is also set up in such a beautify and wonderful place--occasionally.  We enjoy the pleasures--we have to endure the pain, seems to be the way things are.  I certainly do not believe God is causing this virus or any disease to punish man for something we have done or failed to do.  It is also obvious that in a world in which viruses exist and suffering exists, we are provided with opportunity to show love to others in helping as best we can to alieve the suffering.  When we do that we create righteousness, a righteousness that may have eternal value existing long after the virus is history.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 3:52PM #9
Solidgranit.com

We shouldn't try to rationalize what is irrational at heart.  If one wants to be purely theological, it was man and woman in paradise who fell from grace, thus through sin, death was introduced to the whole world.  No one forced them to reject communion with God, thus if there is anyone to blame theologically speaking it was their fault.

The arguement that God made a world of 'natural evils' and that  He is ultimately responsible, or He doesn't exist, is an attack on Roman Catholic dogma as they tried to synthesize original Chrisitan theology with pagan philosophy.  It is not what Christ taught by any means.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 4:02PM #10
Jazel

Apr 28, 2009 -- 3:52PM, Solidgranit.com wrote:

The arguement that God made a world of 'natural evils' and that  He is ultimately responsible, or He doesn't exist, is an attack on Roman Catholic dogma as they tried to synthesize original Chrisitan theology with pagan philosophy.  It is not what Christ taught by any means.

Ah.  The Swine Flu is the Catholics fault!!  I knew it!!!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Marx
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook