Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Asking My Boyfriend to Become a Born Again Virgin--Technical Info Needed
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 7:38PM #11
divotdawg
You don't say how old you are but I am assuming that both of you are quite young.  I agree completely with all the other posts to your question but I also want to caution you against marriage until you've come to terms with your bofriend's not being a virgin.  I think you're putting way too much emphasis on this very minor problem.  Think of it this way, it is only going to be an instant in time in marriage for neither one of you to remain a virgin so it's not that big of a deal.  I think you need to ask yourself why this is such a problem for you.  I'm thinking it might be jealousy.  If you love him then you need to be as forgiving of him as our Lord is and move on.  What's done in the past is done and no ritual will change that.  His faithfulness to you is testament enough of his love.  Good luck to you both.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2009 - 7:10PM #12
natureboy_the0

meanderingthru wrote:

But I do have a few questions: first of all, what is the standard religious process for becoming a born again virgin?  Does anyone know what a standard vow of renewed virginity entails?  I'm not quite sure if we'd be able to find a place for him to take the vow in his country (to which I will be moving), so we may have to do it on our own, which is why I'm trying to find as much information on the technical process as possible.  I won't have a problem doing it on our own, for like I stated, it is the symbolic and spiritual nature of this process that I find worthwhile.  I'm not so interested in things I've read about like cards or rings proclaiming renewed virginity.  And also, I find the idea of the actual vows being a spiritual experience between only the two of us rather appealing.

Aside from that, any thoughts are welcome.  Thanks in advance!

Meandering,
You did read where it is written "in christ you are a new creation" didn't you?  I don't suppose you know that to be born again makes us virgins either, do you?

New birth, once completed makes a caterpillar into a butterfly or a tadpole into a frog, it is a metamorphosis.  The word of understanding has to be planted into the person for the new conception, it must gestate in the discipline of a type, trivial pushing out of the cocoon is being born and babyhood, began traveling (Mat 28:19 & John 3:8) while nursing is the childhood, separate from nursing (Isaiah 28:9) for adolescence and, finally, obtain the powers of Yeshua (Jesus John 14:12) to be a born again adult.   Once out of the cocoon one is a virgin (Mat. 19:29) but it is not something one does but the process of being born again.  A butterfly is virgin once its wings dry and it is able to fly, so is every man born of the spirit. 

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 3:27PM #13
Beautiful_Dreamer
Meandering,

I can relate somewhat. Although I wasn't perfectly chaste in everything, I was a virgin when I got married. My husband was not when I met him. I might have been a bit wary at first, but the important thing to me was that he respected my views and was also committed to abstain from sex until marriage. We did, and I am glad we did.  But the important thing here is that he respected my views and supported me in them. If your boyfriend is doing the same, and from what you say it seems he is, what he did in the past isn't as important as the present and the future. There really is no such thing as a 'born again virgin' specifically, nor is there really any ritual or anything related. What does exist is the commitment between the two of you to love and respect each other.

I had an abusive boyfriend in college who was technically a virgin but forced/pushed me to do other things. I do not want to get into any discussion as to why I stayed or anything like that; I just say this to say that virginity is not an indicator of a man's spirituality, whether or not he would be a good person for you, or really much of anything. Respect and love are.
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2009 - 8:27PM #14
SteveC

You'll be grateful on your wedding night that someone doesn't have to resort to reading a manual.

Work on strengthening your future, not your past.

Born again virgin, give me a break.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook