Switch to Forum Live View What is Spirituality?
5 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 11:15AM #1
HalfNote
I agree with Matt and merope.  I sometimes feel the closest to God when I'm searching for answers or when I'm stressing over something.   I believe God is also seeking us out to have  communication with us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 12:27PM #2
booder
I've had about every thought on this page of replies.  One experience stands out, though, in which an acquaintance whom I consider an obnoxious, zealous, Messianic Christian began to pray for a physical illness I had, evoking the Holy Spirit.  I had a completely unexpected physical sensation of an almost painful, mild electrical shock go through my entire body.  I will never forget the experience, but would be the first to allow that it could have a natural explanation.  I can't discount that I was definitely not expecting such an experience to occur, either, and that the feeling was real and strong. It definitely colored my life experience, adding vibrant elements to my sense of the reality and power of spiritual experiences.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 12:27PM #3
booder
I've had about every thought on this page of replies.  One experience stands out, though, in which an acquaintance whom I consider an obnoxious, zealous, Messianic Christian began to pray for a physical illness I had, evoking the Holy Spirit.  I had a completely unexpected physical sensation of an almost painful, mild electrical shock go through my entire body.  I will never forget the experience, but would be the first to allow that it could have a natural explanation.  I can't discount that I was definitely not expecting such an experience to occur, either, and that the feeling was real and strong. It definitely colored my life experience, adding vibrant elements to my sense of the reality and power of spiritual experiences.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 3:01PM #4
natureboy_the0

Jimmy West wrote:

Spirituality is not a mental state. It is not something you necessarily achieve when you become a Christian. Spirituality is a true spiritual state. It is achieved when you are filled with the presence of The Holy Spirit and can physically feel his presence. Many Christians think that because they pray often that they are spiritual. It is true that they become spiritual when they pray. But, when the praying ends, most of them return to their normal carnal state. Most Christians think that because they are serving The Kingdom in one way or another, they are spiritual. That is not spiritual. That is labors of the hand. Many have grown theologically mature and think that all of that knowledge makes them spiritual. That is not spiritual. Knowledge is only the accumulation of information and has nothing to do with spirituality.

True spirituality is a way of life where the believer is in constant contact with God through The Holy Spirit. You cannot be in contact with God if you are not thinking about Him. A spiritual believer has made God the center of his life at ALL times. When he is at home, he’s thinking about God. When he’s at work, he’s thinking about God. When he’s at school, he’s thinking about God. When he’s in the deepest part of his trial, he’s thinking about and praising God. He is thinking about God every hour of every day and only thinks about something else when he is distracted from his true purpose. Spiritual believers cannot get enough of God and cannot bless and love him enough. When they arise in the morning coffee may be their first thing, but their second thing is asking the question; what can I do for God today? Spiritual Christians have made loving and blessing God their true purpose in life, knowing that if they do that, God will take care of everything else.

So, how does one know if he or she is spiritual? Through physical evidence. A spiritual believer can physically feel the presence of The Holy Spirit. When you are worshiping the Lord, praising him verbally, you can feel what almost feel like a static charge around you. You can feel your skin tingle, your muscles twitch and your body shake. You will also feel it when you are singing beautiful worship songs. Doing a kind deed for another person will bring a sensation. Anytime you please God, you will FEEL The Spirit.

If you have never felt one those sensations, that means that your spiritual growth has stopped or never started. God wants everyone to be spiritual because that is the only way to truly know him. The problem is that most Christian churches are not spiritual and do not promote spiritual growth.

Please, if you have not already done so, start your spiritual growth today. Start by telling God that you Love Him every time you think about Him.

As I read Revelation 11:[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=blue]8 "[COLOR=darkgreen]And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified", I find the word "spirit" to mean definition.  My reasoning is the word "sodom" means all forms of sexual activities are  being preformed, and "Egypt" means a place of bondage which history does not give us the place Yeshua (Jesus) was curcified as being any such place.  [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Has the nation of Israel ever been an enslaver?  Is what they are doing to the Palestinians today worthy of being called "a place of bondage"?  Has the sex life in the nation of Israel ever been sodomizing?  Then I believe the definitions are the spirit ofthe words and is refering to the second meshiach (christ) in the nation Genesis 49:1 & 8-12 is about. 

In Genesis 49:1 & 8-12 we find a description of the "end time praised nation", Judah .  It is a nation all of its leader's ethnic (brethren) praise, it uses economic sanctions against its enemies (hand in the neck) and most nations (father's children) bow to it.  It is a young nation and offspring of Great Britain (lion's whelp) acting as a nation of antiquity, because of her nuclear weapons on ICBM (Zech. 5:1-4) no nation will arouse [it to anger], and it makes the laws (sceptre) for other nations while walking on the same laws (lawgiver between his feet) until Shiloh (ha'meshiach II, or the second christ) comes.  That  interpretation (the spirit of the prophecy) is the United States of America, and all of those things are happening here, including sodomizing as a way of life having been an enslaver.

In that light, The Christian spirituality is obtaining the intended interpretation of the scriptures, and my findings are most who call themselves Christrians have no personal interpretation of the Bible, only the preached/taught interpretation of it.  And because of that I would say, There is very little "Christian  Spiritulity to be found. 

When I was a preacher one preacher who wated to help me as a preacher told me to buy a "Stromngs' Concordance" and "The Speaker's Bible", 17 books with the scriptures usually preached from sermons were already written out in, I only needed to copy a sermon for every occasion.  As I asked around I found that to be what many preachers used, therefore even many preachers have little "Spirituality" they can call their own.   

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook