Switch to Forum Live View Christian Meditation
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 1:36PM #1
Merope
Does anyone practice [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Christian Meditation[/COLOR]?  It's essentially the same type of practice as Centering Prayer.  The principal difference is in the emphasis that the two approaches place on the mantra or sacred word/phrase.

I attended a day-long introductory workshop a few years ago (which included three 20-minute periods of meditation throughout the day), just to see what it was like and what the practice involved.  I liked it, even though I've decided to stick with Centering Prayer.
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2008 - 9:41PM #2
Jay77
Merope,
Would you say that the Christian Meditation movement does not use the sacred word/phrase?  What can you tell me more of about the differences?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2009 - 11:43AM #3
lesleya
I used to go to a retreat centre near Builth Wells, in mid-Wales, to a group that practiced John Main's meditation.
It was something I always looked forward to.
Now I live too far away to get there easily - but it would be nice to get back into it again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2009 - 11:43AM #4
lesleya
I used to go to a retreat centre near Builth Wells, in mid-Wales, to a group that practiced John Main's meditation.
It was something I always looked forward to.
Now I live too far away to get there easily - but it would be nice to get back into it again.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook