Switch to Forum Live View Who Is Your Favorite Gospel Artist?
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 5:22PM #1
BeliefnetComforter
Until five years ago, for me, gospel music was a genre of music that was poorly produced and meaningless because I could never understand what they were singing about. Five years later I have added some of the best contemporary gospel CDs to my collection and I am better for it.

It has helped me learn God's word and promises for my life. It has given me extraordinary strength on ordinary days. There are even times when I feel God speaking to me through some of my favorite gospel songs. Some of my favorite artists are Kirk Franklin, Tye Tribbett & G.A, Donald Lawrence, Hezekiah Walker and Joann Rosario just to name a few.

Who are your favorites?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2008 - 10:51PM #2
WarpedRecord
I must admit I've never been a big gospel fan. It has just seemed rather overwrought and, well, "preachy" for my tastes -- probably where you were five years ago. I love R&B and old-school soul, but gospel just has never grabbed me.

That said, I think Aretha Franklin's "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism" is a fabulous album that always comforts me in my darkest moods. I think because I've always been a big Aretha fan, that album is a lot more accessible to me, and it ranks among her finest work.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2008 - 1:09AM #3
URK(S.B.)
Here are some good ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  (http://community.beliefnet.com/index.ph … age_id=119)
Feel free to rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 11:59AM #4
Bobbie

I love listening to the old time gospel; such as, The Gospel Clefs, Roberta Martin singers, Gene Martin, Sam Cooke and the soul stirrers, Mahalia Jackson  etc.,

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 12:23PM #5
rideronthastorm

I dont listen to it enough to have a favorite artist.However my top 3 songs I Love You Lord I wILL  Call Upon The lord, and AWESOME GOD my all time favorite,you can tell how old I am with all the 80s crap huh?

The only thing about Awesome God is that they played it for my baptism when I got the Holy Ghost at the old UPC church not the best memory its still a good song though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 02, 2013 - 3:54PM #6
dadmann

quick and easy .. just click the link ..    www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?sta...     .. always good to create a positive atmosphere

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook