Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View East/West views on Hell
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2008 - 2:37AM #11
Tassiecelt
Well a search for the book led me to this review, I like reviews!!
http://www.challies.com/archives/book-r … ew-a-g.php

It's just one point of view, but it does confirm my general thoughts on many books I've seen on modern "Celtic Christianity".

While early celtic belief was different from what we see in protestant churches today, I don't believe that the celtic saints were as willing to disregard the fundamental teachings of Christ and the Apostles, as well as the OT scriptures, as modern "celtic" authors seen to do.

Like we've discussed before, I think that celtic beliefs can certainly ADD to a solid understanding of the "faith once delivered to the saints" (James 1).

I suspect that many modern authors are simply Catholics or ex Catholics who are struggling to come to terms with the Roman superstitions they've been fed on for years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2008 - 2:12AM #12
Tassiecelt
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not ANOTHER BOOK!!! haha
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2008 - 2:37AM #13
Tassiecelt
Well a search for the book led me to this review, I like reviews!!
http://www.challies.com/archives/book-r … ew-a-g.php

It's just one point of view, but it does confirm my general thoughts on many books I've seen on modern "Celtic Christianity".

While early celtic belief was different from what we see in protestant churches today, I don't believe that the celtic saints were as willing to disregard the fundamental teachings of Christ and the Apostles, as well as the OT scriptures, as modern "celtic" authors seen to do.

Like we've discussed before, I think that celtic beliefs can certainly ADD to a solid understanding of the "faith once delivered to the saints" (James 1).

I suspect that many modern authors are simply Catholics or ex Catholics who are struggling to come to terms with the Roman superstitions they've been fed on for years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook