Page 7 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View being none judgemental and loving the person not the sin
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 7:29PM #61
REteach
I wonder if those "struggling" with their own homosexuality shouldn't stop over on the Gay Community Forum, or Christianity and Homosexuality.

There are actually a lot of straight Christians who have thought about, studied, and prayed about homosexuality and decided it was not against the will of God.  Lots of us has no dog in that fight, but our faith leads us to believe that God doesn't make mistakes, and homosexual orientation is not a mistake in any case.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 8:41PM #62
tawonda
I certainly don't "struggle" with my sexuality, nor does my parish, or pastor, or other Christian friends. I'd hope that any gay or lesbian readers understand that they can find supportive church homes that welcome their presence in the Body of Christ and their God-given gifts to the Church. In your own community -- look for churches that identify themselves as "open and affirming," "open and inclusive" or "Reconciling in Christ." There are also GLBT support groups for persons of faith in various Christian traditions and denominations, including those whose official policies are not fully supportive, or supportive to any degree, of gay folks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 6:17AM #63
Tmarie64
It's not the knowledge of good and evil, it's how we USE that knolwedge.  God girl "hates" her friend....misusing the knowledge.  She should be trying to HELP her friend, not judging and hating her.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 10:58AM #64
natureboy_the0

Godgirl wrote:

So if i am understanding one thing that you said correctly...because of the knowlege that i have of good and evil...this makes me a sinner just because of the knowlege?

GG,
That is the problem with man-in-mass, clinging to good and evil prevents us from doing what it is we feel we should, not be an outcast.  Our wanting to belong, and to belong means we have to accept what others call good and evil as good and evil to us, ingraved into us from our mother's womb, cause us our inner conflict.  Think back to when you were a child and your parents prohubited you from doing something you want to, that was the beginning of the conlict we all have to overcome.  We feel the need to do "B" but what we belong to say "F" is what we must do.  That is one of the major reasons Yeshua said (Mat. 19:29) forsake every attachment and instructed us to b ecome wonderers (Mat. 28:19 & John 3:8).

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 11:23AM #65
natureboy_the0

Whatever Defines You wrote:

Yes. It is called EGO, and that was the first lie told. THE ORIGINAL SIN: That MAN could be LIKE GOD AND KNOW GOOD AND EVIL. Genesis3:5. How self aggrandizing that we could even think to pass judgment on ANYTHING when we are but men and have not the capacity to fully understand ever faucet within the mind of God . It is the fall of man sweetheart, and not one of us, save Jesus Christ, has ever be immune. You are not alone.

For instance, in the Garden of Eden, God asked Adam where he was for he had taken to hiding because He was naked.Genesis3:9 It was that knowledge of sexual sin that caused both Adam and Eve to see their nudity as shameful.

Knowledge without discernment leads to sin because we are human beings and we are apt to want to judge based on what we KNOW.

The fact of the matter..... We know nothing but that we are all sinners. Paul explains this to the Church of Corinth in his letter to the Corinthians.1Corinthians4: 1-5 . As Apostles of The Lord, those COMMANDED to do His work, we must execute our faith in Him , all ways. We must stay prayerful and vigilant and seek The Lord in every decision that we make, we must be SELFLESS so that He can be more and we can be less. Does this make any sense to you? It is the ONLY way we as sinners can experience unconditional love with one another, even our ' enemies' .

Try this, the next time your mind strays to a thought of hate or judgment, just say, " Lord, it's too big for me, I lay it at your feet, please forgive me of my sin, please teach me how you would have me love my friend. Thank You Lord for the blessings of your wisdom. In Jesus name I pray, Amen. " Or speak wherever your heart takes you but go to Him and give it up.

Blessings In Abundance.

WTY,
But you missed something, the very delima we are discusing here, happened in the garden.  Adam knew not to begin believing in good and evil but his wanting to belong to his wife caused him to compromise himself to belong.  That is the very foundation of our delima discussed here. 

Psalm 1 tells us not to be a part of "the counsel of ungodly", "stand in the way of sinners" nor "sit in the seat of the scornful".  Paul's statement saying "we are all sinners" falls under all three.  To say we were sinners takes us out of those catagories for we are saying "we, like Yeshua, have over come the world" and will not call others sinners for their actions preventing them from doing what it is they feel they need to do, our discussion here. 

We put more emphasis on Paul's words than Yeshua's who brought the news "good and evil are individual's judgements based on misinterperting our physical senses".  He did not say it in those words but implied it through his actions and teachings. 

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 1:30PM #66
Lookbeyond

Godgirl wrote:

Because the psychological association along with other medical feilds say that homosexuality is natural and normal. I dont come on these forums going around thinking im perfect, i dont. I even question the bible and Jesus and everything. However i still believe in the concept of right and wrong (sin.) Just leave me alone if you dont want to help me in a loving way.

John 17:3
"And this is Life Eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

When we come to know God and His Son, Jesus Christ, and as we learn obedience to the gospel teachings of Christ, we will gain understanding and patience for the sinner! We cannot be judgemental of those we see violating the laws of God, but we must be as the Savior has exemplified, patient and loving! When we shun our friends or be critical of their behavior, though we abhor it, we lose any power or influence we might have by our own example! Christ loves all of the children of God, unconditionally! That is why He was able to suffer for the sins of the world in the way that He did, and why He was willing to take upon Himself the sins of the world! His was a great gift to all mankind that we might not suffer for our sins if we would repent. Here is the key to our eternal happiness......repentance or turning from those things that Christ has taught us rob us of his Spirit and influence in our lives. When we live the teachings of Jesus Christ, we lose the disposition to commit evil, and until we learn of those teachings we cannot change, nor can your friends. But remember, each person must come to himself and choose to be obedient to the laws and ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They cannot be forced....they can't be sent on guilt trips......they can only be loved, and accepted and seen as children of God gone astray! Christ never rejects the repentant child of God.........He embraces them for He has paid the price of their sins and their repentance gives them access to all of the blessings of God........without repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ, each person will suffer for their own sins until justice is satisfied.....but should they turn to Christ and repent of their sins, then the atonement of Christ will bring forgiveness without the suffering required because Christ has already suffered for the sins of the repentant!
    Let God be the judge of the sinner and his sins......let us be the means whereby those who have gone astray may find hope and come unto Christ and be saved from their sins through repentance, as we strive each day to do likewise as we live the gospel teachings of Jesus Christ..

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 1:50PM #67
Lookbeyond
Originally Posted by Whatever Defines You 
Yes. It is called EGO, and that was the first lie told. THE ORIGINAL SIN: That MAN could be LIKE GOD AND KNOW GOOD AND EVIL. Genesis3:5. How self aggrandizing that we could even think to pass judgment on ANYTHING when we are but men and have not the capacity to fully understand ever faucet within the mind of God . It is the fall of man sweetheart, and not one of us, save Jesus Christ, has ever be immune. You are not alone.

For instance, in the Garden of Eden, God asked Adam where he was for he had taken to hiding because He was naked.Genesis3:9 It was that knowledge of sexual sin that caused both Adam and Eve to see their nudity as shameful.
Adam and Eve did not commit a sexual sin.....they were spirit children of God before they transgressed the commandment of eating of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".......they broke a commandment that caused them to become mortal.....their bodies became corruptible as they were cast from the Garden of Eden, into the world, out of the presence of God.  Together, they now would suffer all the consequences of mortality....their bodies became subject to physical death.They could have children because Adam joined Eve in her transgression so they would not be separated. We as the posterity of Adam and Eve, and are experiencing the consequences of mortality as we now must choose daily, between that which will bring us reconciled to God, or choose that which will distance us from Him and bring us under the condemnation and bondage of sin and subject to the powers of evil or Satan. We can see for ourselves all around us that the conditions are what was indicated in the scripture. We are the evidence of truth spoken! 

The events in the Garden of Eden brought about the need for a Redeemer, one who could overcome the consequences of the broken law which brought physical death to all mankind. 1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20. Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you........22. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently; 23. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever......25. But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ will bring us reconciled to God, and through our repentance, forgiveness will be granted.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 2:23PM #68
Lookbeyond

Godgirl wrote:

I believe that everything in the bible is sin except homosexuality. I m not sure why.

Homosexuality cannot produce offspring! The plan of salvation for the children of God is to bring us reconciled to Him. Immortality and Eternal Life are the blessings promised. Immortality comes to all mankind born to this earth. Eternal Life will be granted to only those who adhere to the laws and ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ. One of the ordinances is the covenant of eternal marriage between a man and a woman, that they might have eternal increase beyond the grave! If eternal life is our goal, then obedience is required of us, in keeping the commandments of God. God never intended for the marriage covenant to say "until death do we part"! This is man's corruption of an eternal covenant that God intended for all his children to receive.

Hence those who choose to lead a life of homosexuality deny themselves of the blessing of eternal life! That is their choice.....that is their consequence! I condemn them not....they condemn themselves perhaps ignorantly! The responsibility of parenthood is too great for some and I believe they resort to the "safer" lifestyles that guarantee they won't have to face this responsibility. I have friends who prefer the homosexual lifestyle, and I have no problem being their friends. I see them as good people and I can be tolerant of them and their lifestyle as long as they do not try to force it upon others. If they don't want children....then live the life of celebacy without benefits!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 7:24PM #69
tawonda
Hence those who choose to lead a life of homosexuality deny themselves of the blessing of eternal life!

Well, I guess my bad in the context of Mormon theology...but I'm not a Mormon, so your cosmology/theology isn't of great interest to me. And mainstream/mainline Christianity doesn't make salvation contingent on heterosexual marriage or fertility.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 7:37PM #70
Tmarie64
So, LB, does that mean that sterile people can never marry and receive salvation?
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook