Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View being none judgemental and loving the person not the sin
5 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2009 - 9:51PM #41
Tmarie64
If the person doesn't TRY to change, then, NO, I don't help them.
My sister is a recovering alcoholic.  We tried to help her.  After 5 years of her abuse and when she chased me out of the house with a butcher knife, we (my parents and I) finally had to draw the line and turn away from her until SHE was ready to change.
You keep justifying your judgments of others.  That does not seem like a willingness to change to me.
If you think this is "bashing", then you don't know the real world yet.   If you want pats on the head and "There there, baby, you're not the one who is wrong"... then you don't need to post on a public forum.  You're not going to get everything you want in life.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2009 - 10:03PM #42
Godgirl
You do not know me TMarie64. The other people are responding in a way that i want to listen to them but you are failing to do this. You want me to be of love then show me love.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 11:38AM #43
Tmarie64
[QUOTE=Godgirl;1022108]You do not know me TMarie64. The other people are responding in a way that i want to listen to them but you are failing to do this. You want me to be of love then show me love.[/QUOTE]

Like the "love" that you feel for your sexually active friend?  You "hate", not me. 
I'm not going to tell you it's all right.  It's not.  You claim to have a friend that you "secretly" hate.  How can you hate a friend?
You post contradictions.   That's not my fault.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 3:14PM #44
Godgirl
So your giving me some of my own medicine are you? Is that what your trying to do? How is that christian?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 3:18PM #45
Godgirl
I`m tired of fighting with you Tmarie64. I wish you would just give up.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 4:48PM #46
Tmarie64
I won't give up (aka shut up).  You won't admit that you are sinning in your hatred and judgment of your friends.  You hate people you say are friends.   
I'm a sinner.  I'll be the first to admit it.  That's why I don't concern myself with the sins of my friends, I have enough of my own.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 6:43PM #47
Godgirl
I already amited it but you werent listening.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 9:18PM #48
birwin2229
Godgirl
I still think that your difficulty about separating the sin from the sinner is not an issue that can be pushed aside lightly. I empathise with you on this one. As Paul said 'sin is exceedingly sinful'. As such, it seems to me that we can never excuse sin. If we could excuse it then it has a reason for happening because of circumstances beyond the power of the sinner. Now if we cannot find an excuse for a sin then we are asked by God to move past this to the ever difficult task of forgiving the sinner. If we could find an excuse then we would not need to forgive. The same principle holds for God -- He does not need to forgive an act if there is an excuse for it. Once He sees there is no legitimate excuse for a sinful action then in his grace and because of what Jesus Christ has done on our behalf he forgives us.
In the same way he calls us to forgive those who spitefully treat us. He never calls us to excuse what they did.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2009 - 8:58AM #49
Tmarie64
We must all accept that it is not our place to "forgive" sins.  We can only forgive wrongs against us... ie someone hits you, you can forgive that person... but we cannot forgive someone who has done wrong to God.  We each have our own amends to make with God, and are not in a position to forgive anyone else.
That is God's place. 
GG, you keep trying to justify how you feel.  There is no justification, no excuse, no reason.  You are not the one appointed to forgive sins.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2009 - 5:07PM #50
Godgirl
Now your making more sence Tmarie64.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook