6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 9:19AM #1
seekerdrd
Awfully quiet out there lately. Is everyone well and just busy? I pray for this group as many of you have come to occupy a special place in my heart. Hope all's well.

Peace,

David
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2008 - 10:57AM #2
mfjfarrell
Dia annseo isteach!
God to all here!

Hey Dave,

The Celtic Way lives in harmony with the 'cycles' of life!  But... you're right!  It's pretty quiet now!  It's not just here on Belief Net, CCS has been quiet also.  Our last posts were about the hurricanes down South!  The Yahoo groups have been slumbering (even snoring) for years!  The only one who posts there is Fr Ambrose with his links to 'Celtic Orthodoxy'!  He's well intentioned though...

I've often thought about the reasons for the decline in interest and, hence discussion, but the Celtic Way is more about LIVING  for Christ.  Its the other groups who talk to maintain 'conformity'!  They're really good at talking about nothing!!! (hehehe)  So, I'm at peace with quiet...

If someone needs help, or has questions, then we answer and discuss.  What's more important is that we LIVE what we should preach! (1 Peter 3:15)  I'm content with that.  Always great to hear from you though.  Keep up the prayers for us!  Much appreciated...

Slan,
Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2008 - 9:49AM #3
seekerdrd
Marty,

I definitely know about living in the rhythmic cycles of the Celtic way. This was more of a friendly hello is everyone ok kinda thing. Sorry if there was any confusion. It's awfully hard, even with emoticons, to indicate or pick up on inflections and tones in written words.

Anyhoo, being a contemplative type, I too am generally comfortable with silence. Just wanted to check in and say hi. BTW, I find out in a couple of days when we are going to do the biopsy on my spine. Meanwhile the doctors remain baffled. Apparently I cause confusion in real life too, lol!

Thanks for the friendship you've given, and for helping keep this forum going.

As always, peace and the love of Christ,

David
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2008 - 2:03PM #4
mfjfarrell
Dia annseo isteach!
God to all here!

Hey David,

That's how I took your post... just a 'Hi and Hello'.  I've been pondering the lack of interest in CC myself for a while.  About 10 years ago, discussions were 'hot and heavy'!  Getting 100 responses a day was normal.  I guess we have crested and settled in?  Is that good?

I'm glad the docs are still stupefied, keeps them on their toes!  BTW, I'm not a moderator here, just a participant.  I moderate CCS on Quick Topic and a few others on Yahoo! Groups.  Not much happening there either!  Maybe in winter?

Well, always glad to hear from you.  We'll keep you in our prayers...

Slan,
Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook