Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
6 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 3:24PM #101
LiveOak
[QUOTE=Leight;406719]...today, perhaps because someone in our church wanted to declare himself a pastor,.....I thought.....even considering that selfsame person " ....a pastor has sheep"....that is one of the hallmarks of a pastor, a following of sheep.....thusly a person can appoint oneself to such a position, but if no one follows that person, then that person can not rightly make such a claim to being a pastor.....people follow my pastor, indeed it is her "anoiting", perhaps too in the same way Lydia had a following also beside that river where the Apostle encountered her and her companions....[/QUOTE]

Dear Leight,

We just need to be mindful that leadership is not the same as Godly leadership. Revelation 2:2-6 praised the Ephesians for testing and rejecting those who claimed to be apostles, but were found to be false (such as Nicolas, if he was the leader of the Nicolaitans). On the other hand,  the church in Thyatira was condemned for tolerating "that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality..." (Rev 2:20). If we want to be right with God, we need to follow the practices of the Ephesians, or even the Bereans in Acts 17:11, and examine the scriptures daily to make sure what our leaders say is true. Otherwise we may unknowingly follow the Pied Piper to the river...

Cheers,

Dave
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 7:50PM #102
Leight
...there is indeed much that many of us, and by us I mean myself, that was taught, indeed is taught concerning the scriptures, that if one examines, one finds flawed.......for instance, the so called Roman Road of leading someone to salvation, I find misleading, .....for a person cannot come to Christ unless the Spirit does, draw him or her, thusly confession without heart conviction, is meaningless....
....I say all this to say that, indeed for myself, my salvation as well as the lessons learned within it and subsequent to it have been nothing like I thought, however they have been exactly as it is "written"..........the Holy Spirit does not consult me either as to His leadings or lessons, indeed, well, I can't finish this thought just now, but suffice it to say, where sin becomes apparant in my life, or I am outside His Will, I do indeed hear His insistant voice, and for now, all seems well...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook