Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View New to Forum please check in
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 2:02PM #1
Stardove

Greetings to members new to the Progressive Christians Forum.  Please introduce yourself to the members that post here.  We are glad to have other Progressive Christians join in the discussions.   I realize that not all Progressive Christians have the exact beliefs. It is okay to talk about those differences.  I hope you will enjoy the forum.   :)  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also must include this message for all other members who are not Progressive Christians.This forum is a Faith Community for gatherings of like-minded followers.   What I have noticed sometimes is members who are not Progressive Christians seem to be coming here to debate their beliefs and not to share what Progressive Christian have in common.   [b]For those members of Beliefnet that are not Progressive Christians it would be better to take your questions and or opinions to the Debate area linked below.   It will save me time, because if you post here the thread will be moved to the debate area or deleted from an on going topic without notice.      Thanks ~ the host.

Progressive Christians Debate

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 12:32PM #2
whitephoenix
Hi. Not new to PC but new to this forum.....for best intro see my profile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 6:12PM #3
wiljoro
Hello, 

Really just checking.  Looking for an active forum and always seeking new insight.   Hoping to find both here.   

I haven't been on much with the "newer" Beliefnet formats.   Can someone tell me if there is a way to link favorite forums to "My Home".
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 12:55PM #4
Stardove

whitephoenix wrote:

Hi. Not new to PC but new to this forum.....for best intro see my profile.

Welcome whitephoenix to the forum and thanks for checking in.  I hope you will enjoy the time you spend here.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 1:01PM #5
Stardove

wiljoro wrote:

Hello,

Really just checking. Looking for an active forum and always seeking new insight. Hoping to find both here.

I haven't been on much with the "newer" Beliefnet formats. Can someone tell me if there is a way to link favorite forums to "My Home".

Hello wiljoro and welcome to the forum. I find the best way to get to the forums is to use the forum tools and subscribe to them. After doing that you can click on My Settings (from any forum page after sign in) and the forums you want will be listed.

If you don't want to receive email notices you'll need to make changes in the edit options on My Settings. Look for Messaging & Notification section to make any changes. You can also subscribe to threads by clicking on thread tools.

Hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2008 - 4:39PM #6
Stardove

Rev. Maxwell Grant wrote:

Hi there,

I'm a UCC pastor and a school chaplain in New York City.

I'm interested in multifaith work, and hope and pray for a reinvigorated Religious Left to balance the dominant voice of Christianity within the broader culture.

I look forward to hearing what everyone is thinking about.

All the best!

Welcome Rev. Maxwell, thanks for letting us know you have joined the forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 7:41PM #7
wayfarer2k
Hi. I'm a progressive Christian who lives near Fort Worth, Texas with my wife, two kids, and a Boston Terrier. I was "saved" when I was twelve but began exploring PC about 5 years ago with Borg, Spong, McLaren, and other "heretics". Ha ha!

bill
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 11:10PM #8
Stardove

wayfarer2k wrote:

Hi. I'm a progressive Christian who lives near Fort Worth, Texas with my wife, two kids, and a Boston Terrier. I was "saved" when I was twelve but began exploring PC about 5 years ago with Borg, Spong, McLaren, and other "heretics". Ha ha!

bill

Hi wayfarer,  welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in.   We might be neighbors, since  I live in Tarrant County.   Like you I was saved and baptized  in the Southern  Baptist Church at age 10.   In the 1980's I began my climb out of that particular box.  In Joy the forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 8:35PM #9
jills5
Hello, I'm very new to this forum. 

I grew up Catholic, but my husband and I after getting married agreed we would seek out a church together that was neither Catholic nor Methodist (the church he grew up in). We landed in a Disciples of Christ Church which we both very much enjoy. They do communion every Sunday... that was a must for me as it doesn't "feel" like church unless there is communion.

I've kind of been on a mission for over a year to really work on improving my relationship with God. I've been reading the Bible but I feel like I'm missing something, I'm not sure what. I don't like reading the Bible and just taking everything as straight truth. I feel like we need to examine it as a wonderful, inspired document that was written by men, who are by nature not perfect. This of course does not go over well in many circles.

So I'm just looking for a place where I can grow in faith and question and not be judged.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2008 - 9:46PM #10
billandted
Hello, all.  I'm new and trying to figure out how the machinery works here.  I went through several evangelical churches as a child.  It's been a long journey.  I was discouraged when I first saw Bishop Spong's book, but now I see there are lots of people in this movement.  I found a board for the Institute for Progressive Christianity (?), but I haven't been able to get into the board.  Nice to know there are others.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook