Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The "True Church" and the "False Prophet"
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 5:43PM #31
Unitedbygrace
[QUOTE=Quelle;192091]"Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, attributes the activity of the Spirit to some other power. The present activity of God can be attested only through the actions of the Spirit. If these are not recognized, then there is no means by which God can reach man. The one who will not accept the work of the Spirit has made it impossible for himself to recognize the word and the work of God. Only he can be forgiven who confesses that he has something to be forgiven." (The Jerome Biblical Commentary on Matthew 12:31) quoted by Apishapa on another thread.[/QUOTE]

It may be rue that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit attributes the work of the Holy Spirit to another power.  I believe this to be a possibility of a conclusion to the Matthew verse, however the scripture does NOT specifically say that this is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, thus I will be silent where God's Word is silent.  Ithere are a couple other examples in the Word that would fit just as nicely.

Although the present act of God is attested through the work of the Holy Spirit, we, the Body of Christ are what attest to the work of God and so does God's Word also.  His Word is alive and sharper than a two-edged sword, able to cut through bone and marrow.  We are the epistles of God, we have the trinity indwelling us and also attest to the things of God.  Therefore, I would not say the Spirit is the ONLY one that attests to God and His marvelous works. 

Even so, I wonder still, the answer to this question I asked.  Do you consider someone who believes in a less than 3 days and nights burial as a false prophet?  You see, either way they are not giving credit of the power of the Holy Spirit in the resurrection to a different source so I cannot see how this would be your position.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 6:00PM #32
Unitedbygrace
[QUOTE=AKwinters;191260]Hi Ms. UBG,

I like your explanations, and have found these to coincide:

3 Days and 3 Nights

Preparation

Contradiction

What an endearing way to show Christ how much we love him by spending our energies to learn more about him, his life and his work!

Thank You Friend![/QUOTE]

Wow, great study and research!  Thank you for sharing this info!  I have added some new notes to my study!  You know I have found that looking at the last week of Christ in a day by day, almost hour to hour context through the gospels has given me more awe for Him and His last days.  Perhaps we can go through it on b'net for the week before Easter this year!

Several years ago, I memorized Mathew 28 with my then 6th grader and a friend of his.  This was their class assignment for memory verses.  But anyway, after memorizing it, I felt like I was Mary Magdelene or another of the women who raced to see the Lord.  I was there with them as they followed Jesus' instructions to go and tell the disciples that he had risen from the grave.  It was a very dramatic experience and to this day when I recite it, I am awed by the effect it has on me!

I love God's Word, and studying it with helpful, gracious, loving believers like yourself.

Grace to you, UBG
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 6:20PM #33
Apishapa
Been reading all of the posts on the different time frame of the Crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

As I posted earlier, what's important is that HE DID IT FOR US!     

I did, however, go to the book of Exodus 12:3 to see how God instructed the Israelites on the pascal lamb.  They were to take a lamb without spot or blemish, on the (10) TENTH  of the month (footnotes-month of Abib, later known as Nisan, the month of ripe grain, near the vernal equinox, March-April), keep it until the (14) FOURTEENTH day of that month, then was to be slaughtered during the evening twilight. 

Some of the lamb's blood was to be applied to the two (2) door posts, and the lintel of every house.  God seeing the blood on the houses of the Israelites, would "pass over"  and no harm would come to them. 

I'll share about the PASSOVER from a teaching I had on the subject some years ago.

In your mind's eye, see the the two door posts, as the blood is applied to one door post and then across to the other, you are making a straight line across, about three quarters of the way up, then you reach up and apply the blood to the lentil (the center top of the door opening).  Blood drips down.   Blood across, blood down---forming a cross. 

Jesus is our door.  Jesus was crucified, his head was pierced with thorns and bled (blood dripping down),  Jesus' outstretched arms, his hands pierced (blood at each side).  His pierced feet fled (blood below).  Jesus was perfect, he  was without sin.  Even Pilate found no fault in him (Luke 23:13-15).  He was "without spot or blemish."   Jesus is our "Lamb of God.  Not a bone of the Passover lamb was to be broken (Exodus 12:46).  The legs of Jesus were not broken, as was done to those crucified, also the two thief's crucified with Him (John 19:33). 

The Passover Lamb was to be roasted and eaten--all of it, and what was left was to be burned.  Fire is symbolic of God's judgement.  Jesus who was sinless, took all our sins upon himself and was stricken with God's judgement (Isaiah 53).

The lamb was to be eaten with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.  Leavening is symbolic of sin.  Bitterness speaks of death.  The people of Israel lived because the passover lamb died. 

We gain eternal life through Jesus' death, who though sinless, took all our sins upon himself.   Leaven is bitter or sour.  It causes dough to puff up, more volume but not weight.  Sin of pride makes us puff up, to think more of ourselves than we are. 

Passover commemorates Israels redemption from Egyptian slavery.  Easter or Resurrection Sunday commemorates our redemption from our slavery to sin, and to eternal life.   

Praise God!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 6:37PM #34
Quelle
United-by-Grace said:

"It may be true that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit attributes the work of the Holy Spirit to another power. I believe this to be a possibility of a conclusion to the Matthew verse, however the scripture does NOT specifically say that this is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, thus I will be silent where God's Word is silent. Ithere are a couple other examples in the Word that would fit just as nicely."

Yes, how convenient that those entrusted (by themselves) to preserve and interpret the Holy Scriptures have so disguised the meaning of this passage about THE UNFORGIVABLE sin, to preclude our applying this to them.

My conversion experience was of the nature that I do not reveal this to others anymore, as among other things, this provides great opportunity for them to blaspheme God in a way that MOST NOW interpret as the action warned against in Matthew 12:31.

However, the timing of my conversion experience happened in a very precise way relative to what many interpret as the mid-point of a (symbolic) seven year (tribulation) period of accepted biblical prophecy.

I also look for spiritually fulfilling activities, as I believe we are instructed to do on the Sabbath, and at other times. I have had difficulty with over-zealous "Christians" most always attempting to turn those into a confrontation; and then claiming I infringed on their rights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 7:54PM #35
Apishapa
Today Sunday January 6, I posted some information in regard to the discussion, but for some reason, it got posted as "yesterday" and on Page 3, which should have been below the latest post on Page 4.   Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, as I'm fairly new at this.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 8:37PM #36
birwin4
Quelle
Have i got you wrong? Did you post that Jesus was not God? If so what are you doing posting on this board where the trinity is part of our belief?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:05PM #37
Quelle
[QUOTE=birwin4;193296]Quelle
Have i got you wrong? Did you post that Jesus was not God? If so what are you doing posting on this board where the trinity is part of our belief?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe I commented on "trinity". In fact, I have discussed, God-the-Father, the Holy Spirit and Christ the Son. You can attempt to correct me, if I you believe I am wrong, but I believe Evangelical Christians to be a Protestant faith, and the concept of Trinity to be primarily a Catholic teaching; not Protestant. Also, please see the first 'thread' under Evangelical Christians, which outlines the 'rules' for posting in this area. Thay say nothing about belief in the Trinity, which is not specifically addressed in the Holy Scriptures, IMO.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:32PM #38
Unitedbygrace
Quelle,

I kind of had the same question as Birwin a few posts back.  I started to ask you but thought perhaps it was just worded poorly and so I left it alone.  The post I am referring to looked as if you either felt Jesus was not God or possibly onlymeant that Jesus was God (the Son) but was not God (the Father), which  I would agree with.

In answering Birwin, you discussed the trinity, but still did not say if you believed Jesus is God.  Do you in fact believe Jesus is God?  If not, what do you believe about Jesus Christ?

In His grip,
UBG
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:05PM #39
Quelle
[QUOTE=birwin4;193296]Quelle
Have i got you wrong? Did you post that Jesus was not God? If so what are you doing posting on this board where the trinity is part of our belief?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe I commented on "trinity". In fact, I have discussed, God-the-Father, the Holy Spirit and Christ the Son. You can attempt to correct me, if I you believe I am wrong, but I believe Evangelical Christians to be a Protestant faith, and the concept of Trinity to be primarily a Catholic teaching; not Protestant. Also, please see the first 'thread' under Evangelical Christians, which outlines the 'rules' for posting in this area. Thay say nothing about belief in the Trinity, which is not specifically addressed in the Holy Scriptures, IMO.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:32PM #40
Unitedbygrace
Quelle,

I kind of had the same question as Birwin a few posts back.  I started to ask you but thought perhaps it was just worded poorly and so I left it alone.  The post I am referring to looked as if you either felt Jesus was not God or possibly onlymeant that Jesus was God (the Son) but was not God (the Father), which  I would agree with.

In answering Birwin, you discussed the trinity, but still did not say if you believed Jesus is God.  Do you in fact believe Jesus is God?  If not, what do you believe about Jesus Christ?

In His grip,
UBG
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook