Switch to Forum Live View St Patrick's Prayer
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 9:08PM #1
mfjfarrell
Greetings all,

One of the members on CCS found this while poking about... Beliefnet!  I hope you enjoy it!  We refer to it as the Lorica or the Deer's Cry or St Patrick's Breastplate.  http://www.beliefnet.com/index/index_9002.html

Slan,
Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 12:03AM #2
sorrowful_mysteries
Oo, quite nice... And timely for me as well, as I just recently did a project/presentation on Saint Patrick.

The prayer's full text: http://prayerfoundation.org/st_patricks … prayer.htm
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 7:14AM #3
mfjfarrell
Dia annseo isteach!
God to all here!

Good Morning Sorrowful,

Very nice site you have there!  I see you have a link to the Beliefnet 'Lorica'.  I was looking around your site and 'Books' caught my eye! (yes... addicted!)  Under the section on general prayer books I'd like to recommend two that I use daily.  I see you have Northumbria's prayer book, its quite extensive and many really appreciate it but I favor J. Philip Newell's style more.  I think he's captured better the heart of CC prayers.  Northumbria's work is still very 'british' sounding!  Celtic Benediction and Sounds of the Eternal are my favorite, I highly recommend them to you for consideration.  These are for personal devotions but Newell has two others I would recommend for group or liturgical prayers.  Let me know if they sound of interest to you?

Also, there is a song by Rita Connolly, The Deer's Cry, as part of Shaun Davies Album Pilgrim that is absolutely the best rendition of Patrick's prayer.  Of course, its a shortened version!  I consider the work to be both 'inspired' and 'anointed'!  One member of our group I shared it with commented, "This is what Heaven will sound like!".  I agree!  It may make a nice addition to your site...

Thanks again, glad you enjoyed the link!  I'll pass it along and the link to your site to the group today...

Slan,
Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 10:39AM #4
sorrowful_mysteries
Well, it's not my site (mine is about Victorian Science Fiction ^_^ ) but it is pretty good!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook