Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Favorite Christian Artists
7 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2008 - 3:18PM #1
Beliefnet_Music
Who are your favorite Christian music artists?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 10:04PM #2
googoodoll
I have been listening to Jaci Valasquez – she is a British 4 time Grammy nominee who’s Christian music I just love.  Woozyfly.com will be airing her live on March 5th!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2008 - 6:13PM #3
Incognitus
None of the evangelical / protestant world. They're all far too worldly. Christians are not supposed to blend in with the world and follow the zeitgeist -- the spirit of this age. But eveywhere around us they are blending in more and more with their environments. They dress, talk, and act like the world in everything they do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2008 - 2:00AM #4
Incognitus
Protestantism has no living and authentic tradition. They removed asceticism from their religion and ended in modernism, worldliness and skepticism. They follow the pop-culture and have given true Christianity a black eye in the eyes of the world.. Evangelical and protestant music has followed the pattern of the age and culture. They are reinventing Christianity and making it more palatable for our spiritually lethargic and consumer orientated society. Read everything by philosopher Renee Guenon. He talks about the importance of the "old way" and tradition.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2008 - 2:00AM #5
Incognitus
Protestantism has no living and authentic tradition. They removed asceticism from their religion and ended in modernism, worldliness and skepticism. They follow the pop-culture and have given true Christianity a black eye in the eyes of the world.. Evangelical and protestant music has followed the pattern of the age and culture. They are reinventing Christianity and making it more palatable for our spiritually lethargic and consumer orientated society. Read everything by philosopher Renee Guenon. He talks about the importance of the "old way" and tradition.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 2:15AM #6
smallson
[QUOTE=Incognitus;555946]Protestantism has no living and authentic tradition. They removed asceticism from their religion and ended in modernism, worldliness and skepticism. They follow the pop-culture and have given true Christianity a black eye in the eyes of the world.. Evangelical and protestant music has followed the pattern of the age and culture. They are reinventing Christianity and making it more palatable for our spiritually lethargic and consumer orientated society. Read everything by philosopher Renee Guenon. He talks about the importance of the "old way" and tradition.[/QUOTE]

All non-Protestant Christian music is to be condemned! The only acceptable Christian music is traditional chant and that of the Orthodox religion.Not only is all rock (including Christian rock) unaccaptable, so is all Protestant hymn music, all classical music by Protestant composers, all black gospel, black spirituals, etc.If you like southern gospel, get rid of it! It doesn't sound anything like traditional Orthodox, Catholic or Coptic Chant, etc and is therfore unacceptable! It must have a very traditional Western European-Cathoilic sound or Eastern Orthodox type of sound or it's not okay! Anything from any other type of church tradition or other types of cultural music is unacceptable! And don't you even listen to old gospel hymns.They are to close in style to 19th century secular pop tunes and is therefore worldly without any exceptions.And all people (with no exception) who sing these gospel hymns are wordly and don't have an authentic living walk with God!

We live in a consumer oriented society.This means it is wrong to buy any music in any form (that would make us consumers after all).That means you can't even buy chant cd's or music by Orthodox composers like Arvo Part.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 2:35AM #7
smallson
[QUOTE=Incognitus;553115]None of the evangelical / protestant world. They're all far too worldly. Christians are not supposed to blend in with the world and follow the zeitgeist -- the spirit of this age. But eveywhere around us they are blending in more and more with their environments. They dress, talk, and act like the world in everything they do.[/QUOTE]

They're ALL far too wordly? No exceptions to the rule?

There's some kernals of truth to some of what you say, though you paint everyone of this group with the same paint brush.I have seen many Protestants dress in ways I don't consider appropriate, but i would be stepping the bounds of truth to say all Protestants dress inappropriately.

There has been alot of bad that has come out of the Evangelical & Protestant realms, including worldliness.They have ALSO produced alot of good things and alot of very Godly authentic Christians who have a living relationship with a living God.

I don't personaly agree with priests wearing the flashy robes and hats.It comes off to high minded and unhumble to me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 6:29PM #8
smallson
[QUOTE=smallson;563961]All non-Protestant Christian music is to be condemned! The only acceptable Christian music is traditional chant and that of the Orthodox religion.Not only is all rock (including Christian rock) unaccaptable, so is all Protestant hymn music, all classical music by Protestant composers, all black gospel, black spirituals, etc.If you like southern gospel, get rid of it! It doesn't sound anything like traditional Orthodox, Catholic or Coptic Chant, etc and is therfore unacceptable! It must have a very traditional Western European-Cathoilic sound or Eastern Orthodox type of sound or it's not okay! Anything from any other type of church tradition or other types of cultural music is unacceptable! And don't you even listen to old gospel hymns.They are to close in style to 19th century secular pop tunes and is therefore worldly without any exceptions.And all people (with no exception) who sing these gospel hymns are wordly and don't have an authentic living walk with God!

We live in a consumer oriented society.This means it is wrong to buy any music in any form (that would make us consumers after all).That means you can't even buy chant cd's or music by Orthodox composers like Arvo Part.[/QUOTE]

Correction of my post:

My first sentence should read "All Protestant Christian music is to be condemned!"

Hate this makes my point a little more clear and less confusing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 6:36PM #9
smallson
[QUOTE=smallson;563961]All non-Protestant Christian music is to be condemned! The only acceptable Christian music is traditional chant and that of the Orthodox religion.Not only is all rock (including Christian rock) unaccaptable, so is all Protestant hymn music, all classical music by Protestant composers, all black gospel, black spirituals, etc.If you like southern gospel, get rid of it! It doesn't sound anything like traditional Orthodox, Catholic or Coptic Chant, etc and is therfore unacceptable! It must have a very traditional Western European-Cathoilic sound or Eastern Orthodox type of sound or it's not okay! Anything from any other type of church tradition or other types of cultural music is unacceptable! And don't you even listen to old gospel hymns.They are to close in style to 19th century secular pop tunes and is therefore worldly without any exceptions.And all people (with no exception) who sing these gospel hymns are wordly and don't have an authentic living walk with God!

We live in a consumer oriented society.This means it is wrong to buy any music in any form (that would make us consumers after all).That means you can't even buy chant cd's or music by Orthodox composers like Arvo Part.[/QUOTE]

Correction of my post:

My first sentence should read "All Protestant Christian music is condemned!"

Hopefully this clears up any confusion and clarifies what I meant to say.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 8:04PM #10
puzzleman
Micheal Card, Steve Green, and Don Francisco are my favorite musicians.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook