Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Tell us about your church
6 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2008 - 4:32PM #21
Campbellite
[QUOTE=Lookbeyond;639319]I invite anyone who would like to know more of this restoration spoken of to visit; www.lds.org and search your questions......I find it to be a most enlightening experience to research the doctrines of Christ......faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, resurrection, atonement, revelation, restoration, Jesus Christ, etc......[/QUOTE]
No thank you.

By the way, you know that "burning in the bosom" thing? A little Maalox will clear that right up. Just a suggestion.
You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 9:56AM #22
KatherineOrthodixie
[QUOTE=Campbellite;641662]No thank you.

By the way, you know that "burning in the bosom" thing? A little Maalox will clear that right up. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Or Nexium? I love you, charlie, you're wise and funny - a great combination! You make me laugh out loud.
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 9:56AM #23
KatherineOrthodixie
[QUOTE=Campbellite;641662]No thank you.

By the way, you know that "burning in the bosom" thing? A little Maalox will clear that right up. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Or Nexium? I love you, charlie, you're wise and funny - a great combination! You make me laugh out loud.
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 2:23PM #24
Campbellite
[QUOTE=KatherineOrthodixie;643078]Or Nexium? I love you, charlie, you're wise and funny - a great combination! You make me laugh out loud.[/QUOTE]
As a matter of fact, I am on prescription omeprazole (generic for Prilosec). Maybe that's why I'm not Mormon.

Well, that, and the funky theology.
You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2008 - 12:03PM #25
angelwings08

Oct 13, 2007 -- 2:43PM, Beliefnetsabee wrote:

What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.

I started attending a Sabbath day church a year ago. I use to attend a Southern baptist church before switching churches. I like the fact that though our building(we rent a building next to a barershop) is small ,we have about 30 people , is is not fancy, but a roof over our head to hold worship. We sing from a hymnal book accompyied by a piano or keyboard. We are a church of God that broke off from United church of God. We're not to be mistaken with the penticostal COG. What I like is that we actually go over scriptures verse by verse in our bible study,and different men in the church that are qualified according to bible standareds speak different Satudays. We also, unlike other churches I was a member of, celebrate the holy days in the bible like the jewish do, though we're not Jewish. Bottom line is we're not perfect, but we do keep in line with the bible the best we can. We donot celebrate halloween nor Christmas, for we believe Jesus was born near or on the feast of trumpets which btw was this past Tuesday, not in Dec. We do celebrate PassOver according to scripture. We might not be fancy like other churches with their "holidays" or vamped up youth groups, but like them we do try to serve God with everything we have.

Moderated by Merope on Jul 09, 2010 - 12:12AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 1:33PM #26
Brobrooz1
..is a very old, histroical church, very traditional, people are great, lots of opportunity for lay-ministry.
Hers's our website:http://www.stlukesauburn.org/
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2008 - 5:22PM #27
Lookbeyond
Isn't it interesting how some Christians are intolerant of other Christians, even when sharing about one's church. The disparaging statements made were really not necessary in view of the "Tell us about your Church" thread! I can see, unless fall into place with all the other ideas presented, mine are unacceptable! So be it, you know where I stand and how I arrived at where I am! Peace my friends.....your search for truth will only be satisfied when your humility invites the Spirit of the Holy Ghost to commune with your spirit, for He is the witness of all truth to mankind! (John 14:16-17....26)  Truth is absolute....our understanding of truth is conditioned upon the environment we find ourselves in.....pride and selfishness....traditions of the fathers.....or humble, trusting and believing God and the Prophets who have written testimony of the truths preserved in the Holy Bible.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 9:54AM #28
Jupiter6208
I'm a Baptized Lutheran I attend  ELCA churches i  also attend Episcopal services  i Believe in Jesus and i guess that is the center for me   next I'm going to a UCC service
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook