Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View The Laozi (Tao Te Ching)
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2014 - 11:37AM #1
Freestyle

The Laozi was written by Mulan (Serena Mew) in A.D. 1013 when stricken with scarlet fever and translating the Tao Te Ching in Gaelic.  It teaches the sustainance of the Great Mother, that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, not placing a label on everything and being a good sport.  It has been translated into several languages and became the most published of all books other than the Bible.  It is the smallest scripture on Earth with 81 chapters and numerous verses.  For example, Laozi 81: 1-4 says, "Good men do not argue; men who argue are not good.  True words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not true."  It means that morally decent men know what to say and when to say it, not to mention the truth appears to be butt-ugly.  The Tao Te Ching is said to be written by Lao-tzu, although that is debatable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2014 - 11:43AM #2
christine3

Apr 9, 2014 -- 11:37AM, Freestyle wrote:

The Laozi was written by Morgan LaFey in A.D. 1013 when stricken with scarlet fever and translating the Tao Te Ching in Gaelic.  It teaches the sustainance of the Great Mother, that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, not placing a label on everything and being a good sport.  It has been translated into several languages and became the most published of all books other than the Bible.  It is the smallest scripture on Earth with 81 chapters and numerous verses.  For example, Laozi 81: 1-4 says, "Good men do not argue; men who argue are not good.  True words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not true."  It means that morally decent men know what to say and when to say it, not to mention the truth appears to be butt-ugly.

Whoever wrote this should delete it instantly, unless you want to look like a fool. Lao Tzu wrote the Tao Te Ching. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2014 - 11:45AM #3
Freestyle

Apr 25, 2014 -- 11:43AM, christine3 wrote:

The Laozi was written by Morgan LaFey in A.D. 1013 when stricken with scarlet fever and translating the Tao Te Ching in Gaelic.  It teaches the sustainance of the Great Mother, that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, not placing a label on everything and being a good sport.  It has been translated into several languages and became the most published of all books other than the Bible.  It is the smallest scripture on Earth with 81 chapters and numerous verses.  For example, Laozi 81: 1-4 says, "Good men do not argue; men who argue are not good.  True words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not true."  It means that morally decent men know what to say and when to say it, not to mention the truth appears to be butt-ugly.

Whoever wrote this should delete it instantly, unless you want to look like a fool. Lao Tzu wrote the Tao Te Ching. 

I'm sorry, but I cannot delete my post at this point due to your reply.  I can edit it, though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2014 - 2:29PM #4
christine3

Apr 29, 2014 -- 11:45AM, Freestyle wrote:

Apr 25, 2014 -- 11:43AM, christine3 wrote:

I'm sorry, but I cannot delete my post at this point due to your reply.  I can edit it, though.

Hi Freestyle, that would be nice. Sorry to sound so gruff, but I couldn't abide by Lao Tzu's fine quality intelligence being smudged. There were many great women in the past, and whether Morgan was an invention or based on a real person at one time, we definitely need to know about great women, their contributions, their intelligence just as great as any man we venerate. I don't really blame you for trying elevate women.  Thanks.Smile By the way, I am happy to make your acquaintance. Instead of getting huffy, you replied honestly. I recognize intelligence when I come across it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2014 - 11:34AM #5
Freestyle

CoolOh, don't worry about it.  I might as well make a fool out of myself because I meditated on various translations of the Tao Te Ching.  Mulan was the nickname given by the Archbishop and her friends, yet she compiled the Laozi -- into which was the Gaelic for Lao-tzu.  The holy book was named after him because he was a very wise person whether factual or fictitious.  No hard feelings. 

It was nice being acquainted with you.

Namaste

P.S. I do not like the works of Lao-tzu being smuged either.  The translations by Stephen Mitchell and Thomas Cleary are not true, but the one by Dr. Wayne Dyer are even though his essay needs to be more realistic.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook